Cowher turned down Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jtrain, Dec 30, 2008.

1. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

Until the Jets have a "new coach" press conference I do not believe anything I hear from anyone on this. It could all be posturing. Favre absolutely turned the Jets down too, remember.

2. 43Chubby

43Chubby New Member

No kidding.. How do you express that you have mutual interest and then change your mind? I don't think its dead yet..

3. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Wait, wait, wait...Mr. Sunshine himself is gettin' all rozy about Tannywood (tm) while the barn continues to burn down?!

What exactly have you seen in the last month that makes you think the franchise wants to win?

4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

he made as many bone headed decisions as Mangini...oh, wait, that's why you like him. two years ago he had first place on the line against the Rams, played it conservative, ended up losing the game, and the team never rebounded. they looked like a team finally ready to take that next step and he blew it.

no thank you.

5. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Have to admit..I had this wrong. Thought for sure the offer would be too great..and it was a perfect fit for him and his style.

next.

6. RevisCB

RevisCB New Member

Just need to move on from this, it's not the end of the world. There are still plenty of good coaches out there. Hope Cowher has a nice year chatting on CBS.

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Obviously the JETs pissed him off even before they talked to him...what else is new with this team? Now they will immediately turn to the garbage and table scraps in order to find a replacement. All the articles are saying that Marty Schottenheimer isn't on their immediate list but they will interview his garbage kid instead...lol...how pathetic is this team?

No mention of any interest in Shanahan either.

8. KSJets

KSJets New Member

It's only obvious to someone as bitter as you who WANTS to see a problem.

What probably happened is that Cowher talked it over with his family sometime today. People forget he left the Steelers to spend time with his family. I'm pretty sure they have something to say about this.

Unless, of course, you have an agenda against the owner and feel he can do nothing right. Then, by all means, bitch away.

9. JetsLookingforDWare

Yep. Nothing changes but the Jets coaching staff every 3 years. Not people. Not players.

Sorry, but I've come to the conclusion that the Jets and their fans couldn't spot talent if they were given binoculars and placed right in front of it. That talent needs to pimp smack the shit out of us with something good and exciting, because that's the only way to get our attention.

You're right in that Nolan's storyline with the Niners was very similar to Mangini's. How much you choose to weigh that and how you look at it is up to you...I think he's a fine coach who like any normal human being experienced some growing pains taking over a bigger job.

10. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

bullshit.

I'm gonna go fuckstart someones head now.

11. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

I said it half-a-hundred times... there would be no Cowher in NY. Swing and a miss... WTG Jets front office.

How about Shanahan instead?

12. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

So... This kinda shuts the door on any hope of feeling good about our team going into this offseason. There is nobody else that seems worthy enough to be our HC. Ya, I get it, I'm blind, whatever..

Fact is, we are going to get a scrub to come in here and take over a good team that Mangini built, just to have him tear this shit down in a year or two, and still no Superbowl championship under our belts. No biggie, I'm used to it.

13. pete cofran

pete cofran New Member

As it was described Cower didn't want to jump back into coaching this year and had to be sold on the situation to change his mind. If I had to guess the QB headache of Favre on the verge or retirement with no replacement in sight wasn't appealing. Who could blame him.

14. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Bah. What a dick.

The worst part about this is that cocky bastard Shefter was right.

I want Shanny!

15. pete cofran

pete cofran New Member

I'm sure he'll do wonders for the defense. I doubt he'll want to relocate to the east coast. shanny is a good coach but he doesn't fit what the jets need.

16. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

You mean a coach that can actually win?

17. pete cofran

pete cofran New Member

The jets didn't have a problem scoring points they had little to no pass rush that made their opponents QB shine like they were MVPs. Considering Shanny was fired for the end of the season slide and the league's worst defense, its safe to assume he isn't a good fit.

#57 pete cofran, Dec 31, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2008
  18. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

It's Favre. Why would any established coach come here knowing that they have to give special treatment to the owner's pet. Every NFL person with half a brain knows he is done, knows he is the most selfish player in the NFL, and knows that the owner wants him to be the QB. That was why Cowher was interested until he talked with the Jets. Once he found our Favre was still in the picture he said no.

The Favre signing has ruined this franchise for years to come. I am completely disgusted with the owner and the FO. I have never felt this disgusted in my years as a fan, not even during the Kotite years. We are completely screwed.

19. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Cowher is looking for a prestigious organization...he's not going to go from the prestige of the Steelers to the comedy shop of the JETS. All for the better; can't stand him. Shanahan would make a better coach.

20. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

guys please please please do not believe anything you see put up by espn. they are ALWAYS wrong. they were wrong about cowher yesterday... they changed their story as they ALWAYS do. they will probably change it again like 4 times depending on if they are pissing in the wind or with the wind. this situation is not over and will come up again.