Could we really not afford Edwards?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by supersonic, Aug 10, 2011.

1. mute

mute Well-Known Member

He wanted to keep doing the Dougie but the Jets told him it was played out.

2. Prince of Thieves

Prince of Thieves New Member

Jesus Christ come off it already

3. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

That fact that you say 'as better' says it all, really.

4. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

It wasn't about money it was pride. His pride wouldn't allow for him to take a deal for 50% of what his teammate makes.

5. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

Thanks Dr. Phil.

6. bigcotch

bigcotch Banned

There are two timeframes in the process. Pre-Plax/fight and post. Yes, I think he would have signed that deal with the Jets at the time he signed with the 9ers- probably not on the first day of free agency. The part I disagree with was saying he wants Holmes money, which was clearly not the case.

7. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

In hindsight, I view Braylon Edwards as a stolen pink Ferrari. We could probably afford it and it performs well, but it looks pretty gay and it's probably going to get you in trouble.

8. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

More versatile?

Fuck that.

Holmes runs better routes and is more dynamic.

9. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The fact that I'm stupid doesn't change the facts. Braylon is a POS with big time skills who has done little but skate on his own talent. He simply can't be trusted to be a part of a team getting ready to make a run at the title.

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Okay, I know it's been said a couple of times in this thread, and about 500 times in other threads, but I want to say it again because I just like repeating stuff, it's way fun.

Braylon wanted more money than the Jet could afford. The Jet could certainly afford the contract that Braylon got from San Francisco. But he didn't want that. Then Braylon saw that the Jets signed Burress, and he and his retard entourage went out and got drunk and beat the shit out of some bar staff. And recent reports point toward Braylon being the instigator in that particular incident. Braylon took the SF contract because he knew that's the best he'd get at this point. He's a fucking idiot and he'll likely be in jail less than a year from now. It was a money grab.

So, for the people that think the Jets weren't going to offer Braylon the meager contract that he got from the 49ers, if you read the paragraph just above this sentence and still don't get it, stick your fucking tongue in a power socket, because you're too stupid to live.

#30 abyzmul, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
  11. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

/thread

12. bigcotch

bigcotch Banned

You cant use one media outlet to support your argument, then discredit another. Agents leak whatever they want to get out there, and claim it's BS later. To say that he wouldn't have taken 5 for 25 from the jets because of his pride is just not something anyone but he, or his agent can say. Same goes for your last statement. At the time he accepted the 49ers offer, the shit had already it the fan and his value dropped. By all accounts, he wanted to be a Jet badly. If he was to accept 1-3 million from the 49ers, there is no reason to think he wouldn't take that from the Jets. He fucked his value, and he knew it.

Bottom line, his perceived value didn't go from 10 million to one million in a week no matter what happened. There is no way he was looking for 10 million per year. You should agree with that- didn't we get into an argument about this months ago? When I said Holmes would ask for 10 million per, and you ranted for an hour about how untrue that was?

13. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Yeah Braylon wasnt going to take 3.5 milllion while Holmes was getting 10 million. It just wouldnt have worked out, thats why he signed a 1 year deal to prove himself. Its worth a shot for his case, but if Alex Smith fails, then Braylon might lose even more value.

14. bigcotch

bigcotch Banned

What do you mean Braylon wasn't going to take 3.5 million while Holmes was getting 10 million? That's actually exactly what happened, except the 3.5 is only possible with incentives.

15. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Hey Starter,

That's what people do around here. There's no rule against questioning personnel moves already made.

16. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/newyork/chat/_/id/39691

DM (NYC):

You say out of pride Braylon wouldn't have taken anything close to what the 49ers gave. What do you think it would have taken on a 1 year deal for him to re-sign here?

Rich Cimini:
    Well, he made $6.1 mil last year, so I'm sure he would've wanted that. Here's the deal: Braylon thinks he's better than Holmes and it would've been hard for him to accept less than what Holmes is making this year.

---

Bryan W. (NYC)
    Why did the Jets take such a huge risk with Plaxico, now knowing that Braylon would have cost significantly less?

Rich Cimini

Braylon would not have cost significantly less. Like I said, he wouldn't have settled for less than $5-$6 mil on a 1 yr deal. Might have been tension with Holmes if he came back on a 1 yr.

17. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

On the same team you moron.

18. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

for someone who just got their 1 year ban reduced, you might want to ease up on the personal attacks.

19. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Gee, and here I thought Holmes signed a five year deal for $50 mil with $24mil guaranteed. I did not know that equals $5-$6 mil a year.

Not to mention that quoting Cimini can be a risky business.

20. bigcotch

bigcotch Banned

I know what you meant, and it doesn't make sense. You think he took less money to play for a worse team because his feelings were hurt?

No. He wanted more initially (not 50 million as some are saying) he fucked his value with another off the field issue, the Jets signed two WR who fit with us better, and he took what he could get. At the time he accepted his offer with San Fran, I'm sure the Jets had pulled whatever offer they had on the table.

Again- at the time he signed with San Fran, I'm sure he would have accepted 3.5 million from the Jets.