Could this be a fun year for the Jets?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JethroTull, May 1, 2017.

1. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I get what you're saying, I really do. Maybe the argument can be made that the Patriots awful 1992 season (2-14) set them up to pick Drew Bledsoe 1st overall in 1993, which put them on the right path, even though Bledsoe wouldn't be the one to take them all the way there.

My problem is that bad teams pick high all the time, and it doesn't turn them into dynasties, not even by accident. I'd rather this franchise bust it's hump scouting some late round gems, or find a dumb GM to trade a top QB or top pick for some Jets-owned fools gold.

They need to take their time and rebuild the right way--put every position up for grabs, encourage competition, bloat the roster with young guys who are hungry. If you do that, and you lose a bunch of games and get a high pick, so be it. If you play the wrong guys or sabotage your play calling, you deserve to get saddled with a Rick Mirer, JaMarcus Russell, or Heath Shuler

RonPi likes this.
  2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I agree on this :)

I am closing in on 50 I want to see them win the superbowl at some point before I am an old old man, more than one would be better lol

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Now you sound like Leon Hess.

K'OB likes this.