Connor Hughes: Jets Officially Agree to Bring Cro Back

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Mar 10, 2015.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Douzable. Snacks. Allen. Could even argue Marcus Williams and Darrin Walls were on their way under Rex.

2. ccraveiro21

ccraveiro21 Member

Allen? If you are talking about Double A... he sucks

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Douzable was a vet FA who already knew how to play. Rex may have made him better. Snacks, Allen, and maybe Williams and Walls I'll give you simply because I know that I may be too prejudiced against Rex since I detest him so much. Still, Snacks is the only one of those players who is really very good. Williams may develop. Too soon to know.

4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

He doesn't suck. If you're using last year as a gauge, you're getting a bad reading.

5. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

What move have they made that detracts from 16?

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

They've acquired two star players over 30. They've re-signed their own over 30 ILB.

What did the Ravens do with Haloti Ngata? What did the Pats do with Vince Wilfork and Darrelle Revis? Think about it.

7. Big Blocker

Yep, even if Milliner turns out to have a real career, it sounds like he will be very iffy this season. they simply cannot count on him. McDougle might never play a game in the NFL. Tough to have two players in that kind of situation at the same position, but that's what the old regime left the new guys. With Bowles's D a returning and eventually healthy Milliner will have a spot and can make a contribution, but unlike Idzik Mac understands his HC wants and needs competence out of his cb's.

Plus I like Cro because he wants to be on the Jets. We can go through all the metrics, all the analyses. But for me as a fan, that one counts for something.

8. Big Blocker

Neither of thoese guys are likely to be on a downward trend startign a year from September. They are not in their late or even mid thirties. You were getting caught up in your own rhetoric implying that 15 is the make or break season.

We talked on the other thread about the holes, yes OLB will probably not generate much in the pass rush, but OL help will hopefully come in the draft, and with some luck the Jets get Mariota.

I am not a big Harris fan, but given the options in FA, I think bringing him back was a good choice. But you might be right in his case about 16. Still Harris's contract hardly dooms the 16 season.

9. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

Way too early to know what Milliner is.

10. BleedGreen4ever

BleedGreen4ever Active Member

Getting Cro is a luxury but if he comes at the right price he can be a solid addition. I want him in NY I just hope he wants it bad enough.

11. Big Blocker

Yeah, this is worth following up on.

Unlike Smith who to his credit has stayed healthy, we haven't gotten an adequate picture about where Milliner's ceiling probaby is. Due to injury. Yes, I am concerned he is too fragile to make it, or might be. But he still might make it, be able to stay on the field, and the Jets don't need to cut him. It's more that his fragility and current condition means the Jets could not COUNT on Milliner. If he gets better, though, says here that Bowles will put him to good use.

12. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

This really doesnt bode well for Milliner, as far as his position on this team goes. I figured the Jets would sign 2 CB's and let Milliner battle it out for playing time with one of them. It looks like they're going to sign 3 and 2 of them are guys who you know are going to start, the third is a guy who is probably brought in to play the slot.

Milliner has his work cut out for him when he comes back.

13. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

lmao, what the Pats did with Revis?
    they did everything they could to keep him, and reportedly only came a few million guaranteed short of accomplishing that.

i don't doubt they consider re-signing Wilfork if the move makes sense for both as these weeks go on.....especially now that they've lost out on Revis.

we've been one of the youngest teams in the NFL......that didn't work out too well for us, and it doesn't jive with your theory we keep building old.
    we are still a young team, and of course our future will still depend on solid drafting. with some of these moves, we can be competitive in the meantime now.

14. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

Could Milliner or McDougle play free safety?

15. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

bowles uses many CBs in his D not only milliner, but mcdougle (when hes ready) will get plenty of game action

16. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

I agree. He's an injury prone player back to his college days and I assume his rehab isn't going great, theses guys don't have any reason to pull for him.. Jets are going after corners like there aren't any on the roster.

17. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

They'll only get plenty of action based on what other teams do and how they lineup. Revis and Cromartie (if he's brought in) aren't sitting.

18. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Skrine could potentially play some S..

19. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Yup. They're absolutely addressing the position like they have none to begin with.

20. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

I would have always thought the guy who could eventually make that switch to safety would be Cromartie. But it also sounds like the Jets are serious about Gilchrist as well.