Connor Hughes: Jets Officially Agree to Bring Cro Back

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Mar 10, 2015.

1. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

We just signed the Cleveland guy and Revis so what do they need him for. We have decent backup CBS and Milliner when healthy should be a potential starter.

2. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

yeah idk why we are doing this honestly

3. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Skrini is better playing in the slot, not outside like Cromartie can. He is only 5'9" and Boles likes to play a lot of CBs in his defense.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

For the most part they should have avoided it, signing bargains if they presented and doubling down on the draft. A real FS would have been a solid start. Locking up Snacks and trying to lock up Mo Wilkerson would have been another good set of moves.

You don't win anything in free agency unless you were already winning going into the process.

So the Jets are now in a position where they have to keep going. They have to keep doubling down on 2015 to make the moves they've already made worth it. If it works, then great, they'll be one of the only teams in NFL history to win a Super Bowl in one off-season. On the 97% chance it doesn't work we continue in the same cycle we've been in with star vets dropping out and not enough talent replacing them.

Somebody should do an analysis of where each team's actual value lies. Where the team gets most of it's value over time. I'm betting the Jets get more of their value out of 29 and 30 year old players than most teams. That's because we keep trading for and signing 29 and 30 year old players.

Jetaho likes this.
  5. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

because buster is a slot corner..and they are not moving foward with milliner it looks like

6. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

We needed a nickelback too with Wilson leaving. Millner may not be healthy for camp. Skrine can play outside, but is more of a nickelback just looking at his size. I don't think the new coaches want to rely on Millner or McDougle being healthy this year.

jetsons likes this.
  7. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

like i understand WHY we are doing, but i don't think we should depending on the price

i honestly feel like dee milliner gets the most unnecessary hatred on this roster. if you asked any defensive coordinator what is the hardest position to transition from college to the NFL they would most likely say cornerback. we've clearly seen the flashes and he's making pennies, it's just been really unfortunate with his injuries

also don't think we are trading him. i think that's foolish

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I think Milliner would be good if he could stay healthy but I'm pretty skeptical about that at this point.

Big Blocker likes this.
  9. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

skrine is best suited for the inside corner

10. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

you cant be awful and go to two AFC championship games with mark sanchez AS A ROOKIE under center. you just cant. for god sakes he got 8-8 out of geno smith.

is he an all world coach who should have been kept here forever no matter what? absolutely not. hes basically useless on offense. there comes a point where the losing gets old and change is just needed to keep the organization from going into a rut. i also believe that changing GM's is a hell of a lot easier without a coach firmly in place. we hit that point last year without a doubt. had to shake it up.

but dont sit there and act like he was given the proper tools to succeed. he clearly wasnt. hes a defensive coach that relies on a strong secondary (like bowles) and we gave him dee milliner and dimitri patterson to go to war with, along with unproven rookies and castaways. that is in no way rex's fault or a problem he caused. thats shitty front office work.

no matter what you think of rex, and youre obviously entitled to your opinion, you cant deny that he had one of the worst uphill battles you could give a guy. thats not really something that can be argued

legler82 and stinkyB like this.
  11. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Our interest in Cromartie is due to either (1) the "doubling down" phenomenon explained by Bradway above and the need to make big splashes to appease the billboard crowd and win now or (2) an admission that Milliner and McDougle's rehabs are not progressing, or both. Because we now have Revis, that 2nd CB spot becomes very important because that is where a lot of the passing traffic is going to go.

12. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

Isn't this allot of money for an inside corner? You think maybe they want to sign cromartie and move him to free safety?

13. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I believe it's 2. Further, Milliner was Idziks investment. His success or failure means little to the new regime. The new regime will not be judged on what happens with Milliner, so they have no reason to bank on him. The talent is enough that he should be kept around and afforded the opportunity to earn playing time. Beyond that, he should be handed nothing.

14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

If he wasn't given the proper tools, then it's as much his fault as Tanny's and Idzik's because he evidently had a LOT of input into the draft, and the best draft picks went to D consistently year after year. The problem was that Rex and his CS sucked at developing young players; Rex wouldn't hold players accountable; he couldn't make adjustments quickly (if at all - when his game plan failed he was often stuck); for all his supposed defensive acumen his teams consistently gave up 3rd and long situations and couldn't stop drives; his team, and particularly the D failed to show up or showed up late for games consistently; and he couldn't win a game following a bye to save his ass. Worst of all, he made the Jets a classless circus. He is a buffoon and I detest and despise him.

15. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

maybe if he new how to tackle

16. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

No Cro, pleeeeez! Cro blows. I would take him if everyone else was gone and we signed no one, of course. I might sign Kyle Wilson if everyone else was gone. Might.

17. JoeyStylez

JoeyStylez Banned

Mo Wilkerson says Hi. So does Sheldon Richardson and the 2009 version of Darelle Revis.

Now if you want to say he couldn't develop QB's, that's a valid point.

18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Wilkerson, Richardson and Revis were all very good, very productive players coming into the NFL. Rex and his CS may have helped their development, that is true, but I don't think you can credit him too much for developing those three. I think they would have succeeded no matter where they played.

19. wisewolf

wisewolf Active Member

If Holliman is available when we pick in the 2nd, it won't be because he "slipped" there, he's project as going in the 2nd-3rd round, But I agree, if we don't make a move for a FS, which I think we should, Holliman would be awesome in the 2nd.

20. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

Thought I saw him with a 1st round grade in a earlier report but still, yes it would great to have him.