Collins, OT, LSU

Discussion in 'Draft' started by stinkyB, May 1, 2015.

1. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

You want them to put a double homicide investigation on ice so as not to inconvenience the ex-boyfriend and father of the pregnant victim's kid?
    They reached out to his agent and asked him to come in for an interview, it leaked to the press, as anything involving a potential top draft choice would.
    Him not being a suspect is a technical thing, police never call anyone a suspect until they have significant evidence to avoid being sued. As an example, Aaron Hernandez was "not a suspect" even while they were executing search warrants on his house.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  2. Will

Will Well-Known Member

LSU G/T La'El Collins wants to sign with a team that will allow him to play tackle.

Playing tackle would help maximize his earnings on a second contract since Collins won't be getting paid much for his first three years in the league. The Dolphins would seem to be longshots to land Collins in light of this news, since they already have LT Branden Albert and RT Ja'Wuan James.

Source:Barry Jackson on Twitter

This gives us a REALISTIC SHOT given we could upgrade our RT

3. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

If I'm him, I'm avoiding the AFC East due to the d-lines in this division.

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Oh yeah, sign us up! Huge upgrade at RT. We haven't shown interest yet though.

5. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

gotta be carolina.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

If your confident in your skills, wouldn't you want to go up against the best guys? Collins can hold his own.

He would get a lot of practice going against Wilkerson, Williams and Richardson on a weekly basis.

7. Will

Will Well-Known Member

Looks like there is League wide interest - if not the Jets prefer not AFC East

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports LSU T/G La'El Collins' first visit will be to the Cowboys.

La Canfora deems Collins "the most coveted undrafted free agent in NFL history," which really isn't an exaggeration considering he was seen as a lock first-rounder before an unfortunate series of events resulted in Collins falling out of the draft entirely. Collins' chances of starting in Dallas wouldn't be great when compared to other potential destinations, though we imagine he may be a better left guard option than Ronald Leary, who is the relative weakness on the Cowboys' line.

8. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I don't get it--with so many teams who are supposedly interested in him, no one would risk a 7th?

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Good point, although he may view it as an opportunity to show his stuff and earn a much bigger contract in 3 years. That said, if I had to bet, I'd bet he signs with the Panthers. He would start at LT from day one. They have an immediate and glaring need. They're a playoff team. He'd still be in the South if that's important to him.

10. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

i cant see any reason why he would sign with the jets

-better shot at being handed a starting spot in many other places
    -NY might not be the place you want to go with all kinds of speculation about this case, he wont be able to 'lay low' here
    -much better chance to win elsewhere
    -much better chance to play on statistically good lines elsewhere(help his next contract)

11. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

If I was a betting many I'd put money on Carolina.

If I'm Macagagnan I'm pitching that he can come in and immediately play RT, and take over for Brick next year.

Doubt the Jets are even on his radar.

12. NCJetsfan

Mac could also say that he could compete for the LT spot now and that if he beats Brick out, the job is his, although as much as Brick is being paid, it would be hard to relegate him to a backup position. It would be better if Collins agreed to take the RT spot this year, then move to LT next year. Giacomini could move to RG and help upgrade the OG positions.

13. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

14. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

15. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Fkn Cowboys basically got 3 first round picks

James Hasty likes this.
  16. 101GangGreen101

Great Wall of Dallas. What an amazing offensive line they have.

17. NCJetsfan

PFUCK!!! I guess he signed with Dallas because it's close to home. He won't start at OT there. He'd have been an instant starter in Carolina or with the Jets. Dumb Bastid.

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Makes you wonder why the hell they didn't grab a runningback in the draft that has great vision. McFadden runs upright and picks a hole and hits it at 2000 mph. Seems a bit silly, as you don't need a great runningback but you need something better than what you have especially with two scat backs as backups.

Shouldn't be driving a ferrari with an Accord engine.

19. 101GangGreen101

I agree, I guess they believe McFadden will show why he was a top 10 pick back when he was drafted. I think they should have restructured Romo and kept Murray. He was a great fit for the Cowboys. That offensive line is Godly, but still no RBs to take the ball out of Romo's hands in December is bad news bears.

20. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Yeah but I read the amount of the comp is severely limited for UDFA. average for about $500k a year and $87k in bonuses for ALL UDFA signed.

He didn't get first round money.

_