Colin Kaepernick a NYJ?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by championjets69, Jun 17, 2015.

1. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

Mo and a first? Jesus I hope we could get someone who actually understands how to play the position for that mega deal.

2. Garrison Nauman

Garrison Nauman Active Member

More like Mo for Kap and their 1st

NYJalltheway and MJK like this.
  3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Not with that contract

4. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

He'll have to take a pay cut, especially if he wants to be here, but would that price be less than what we'd be paying Fitz?

I doubt it.

To me, Kaepernick at QB would either be very good or a disaster. Nothing in between.

We've all seen what he can do with top offensive weapons around him but is that enough of a reason to move on from Fitz?

It's risky.

5. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

If he's cheap then fine but otherwise I'm tired of QB's that have physical skills but no head for the position . We already have one of those on the roster.

kevda5n9ne and Brook! like this.
  6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Truth that's the one issue with it. Not that Kaepernick is the one guy we'd want to target but Revis' $17 million cap hit could not come at a worse time. Take that out of the equation and we can resign Mo without issue and attempt to be players in free agency.

7. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

This thread is a dumpster fire...some people arguing giving up Mo and a first for Kap is a good deal and others arguing he is no better than Geno. Thank god for the Death Pool. ;)

#147 MJK, Feb 2, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I wouldn't exactly call his offensive weapons in 2012 throuty 2013 as "top flight." He had one solid possession receiver both years (Crabtree in 12 - injured in 13, Boldin in 13) and a solid tightend in Vernon Davis. The running game was good but his dual threat was as much a part of it being as good as it was as anything else.

If he had Emmanuel Sanders/Julius Thomas/Demaryus or some setup like that then I think you could call it top flight. It was solid but nothing world beating.

9. Vahncase

Vahncase Well-Known Member

He's worn a Dolphins hat, I want no part of that swaglord on the team

10. irishwhip03

I was more focusing on the SB year. Davis was a legit number 1 TE , top 5 in the league. Gore was a top RB. I wasnt saying anything like he had Pro Bowlers at every position , but compared to the last couple of years out there they were top weapons. Plus their defense compared to what it is now is night and day. Coach too. Simply put he was put in the best position to succeed taking over a SB contender that just needed a little more at QB.

For him to go to that to what the Jets currently have , I could see him having a bounce back year. But would that be better than what Fitz was last season and could possibly be next season?

Im not sure he could ever repeat what he once was. BUT if we were getting him at 10 mil a year compared to Fitz at 15 , I might say its worth the risk based on talent and age.

And after seeing a dual threat QB in the Superbowl this year , the Jets might take that risk too.

june19 likes this.
  11. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

So you want to replace a functional brain with a hopeless, god-forsaken retard? Go for it.

=============================================================

I was hoping Geno would have given this fan base sufficient lessons on QBs - that it's the brains that matter the most, not the physical talent. Quite obviously, that lesson has fallen on deaf ears.

12. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

i don't sign in that often, but i completely disagree here, fitz threw for 30+ TDS, 3900 yards and won 10 games. we did not make the playoff because of QB play, map would not have put up those #s.

13. vokab206

vokab206 Well-Known Member

The only way I'd do this would be if they released him and we signed him outright to a 2 year $10 million prove it deal. If he came in and battled for the starting job, impressed and earned it then it could work. Otherwise no trade and not on that contract. He's good at the deep pass which we lack but he isn't good at the short/middle pass where Fitzpatrick is very accurate. He can run but Fitzpatrick can run limited as well. Our offense was good enough last year. I would like to see us build continuity for once. I could see Kap in Dallas or staying in SF after a training camp.

KingRoach likes this.
  14. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

No team is giving their QB and a first rounder for a DL.

15. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Sign him i say. That San Francisco team was full of quitters. I think he could still be a good qb yet with the right team

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

16. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

His agent is drumming up business.

Let's resign Fitz and draft a QB. We also have Petty in the tank.

Garrison Nauman likes this.
  17. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

If we get rid of Geno, sign Kaepernick, and let him Fitzpatrick, and even Petty compete for the job next year, I'm all for it. I'm NOT in favor letting Fitz walk and replacing him with Kap. Bad, bad move.

18. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

As usual I'm a contrarian

Fitz is cool and all , but mediocre plus or minus your opinion.

I'm more of s riverboat gambler. Kap talent undeniable. Maybe he can be fixed.

Fortune favors the BOLD

(Assuming the price is cheap)

19. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Only way he comes here is if he is cut.

20. irishwhip03

Not a chance that Kaep goes to a place where he isnt the starter , considering he'd be the heavy favorite to start if he stays in SF.