Clemens/Pennington

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JIMsection323, Nov 22, 2007.

1. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

That is more than fair,and I agree totally. But there was a large group of morons on this site making post after post about how when Clemens came in we were going to win out etc,this before he even threw a pass.

2. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

If anyone says that, then they don't really know football. It's too soon to tell what we have, especially considering the caliber of defenses that Clemens has faced in his 4 starts.

3. Hofstra Jet

Hofstra Jet Active Member

i dont think clemens is any better then chad.. in the game action ive seen clemens in so far i cant see him being a part of this teams future.. vs. the steelers he was 14/31 and had a 5.2 yard per catch avg.. so that rocket arm he has he isnt using..

4. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Clemens played against Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Dallas.
    Pennington played against teams such as the Dolphins, the injury-depleted Bills, and the Bengals.
    Clemens has also not had the services of Laveranues Coles recently.

All of us, even those who believe Clemens will become a good NFL starting QB, knew Clemens would struggle this year.

5. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

You're beating a dead horse. Who the hell cares anymore. Chad is in the past and hes only going to be starting for the Jets this year unless Kellen gets injured. Your love for noodle arm is disturbing....

#45 94Abraham, Nov 22, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2007
  6. 94Abraham

Name me 5 people on this board who said that. Ill be waiting....

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Chad is cooked. If you couldn't see that from what was happening on the field this year you don't understand football.

If Clemens was checking down on 9 out of every 10 plays and throwing the 2-5 yard pass the defense always gives up then his stats would be better. Not as good as Chad's though, because Chad is the master of the too little/too short effort that bumps one's completion percentage, yards per attempt and subsequent passer rating.

Clemens probably isn't ready for primetime just yet. He has three major flaws that I can see:

1. His offensive line blows chunks.

2. He's not accurate enough to be a plus QB at the moment.

3. He doesn't check down enough, rarely throwing to an outlet receiver.

An NFL QB has a very narrow range of effectiveness and Chad is on one side of it, never pushing the envelope, and Clemens is on the other, always pushing it.

8. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

Well said- last week masked deeper, structural problems with this team. This team will need some radical changes over the offseason and it might require making some very bold moves in the draft.

9. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

O-line sucks. defense coming around again

10. 94Abraham

Its funny how some people are so quick to pass judgment. Does he have a #1 receiver the last 2 games? No. He is stuck with a wanna be WR in Brad Smith and Justin McCareins (who had 2 more drops today). The only legit receiver that played today was Cotchery. With Coles out, this receiving core is probably one of the worst in the NFL. Granted, Clemens misfired on a handful of throws, but 4 more drops today and having to throw to this garbage receiving core, what more do you expect? If Clemens has Coles at 100% for the Miami game and hes still putting up numbers like the last 2 games, then you should be worried....

11. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

abyzmuls post what most people think.
    Today Clemens will have learnt alot today and for the rest of the season too.
    At least with KC at the controls we can see which pieces we need to pick up.
    Look at the running game today as well , same problem.

12. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

Lol, the media is asking Mangini if he's going to look at Tuiwhatshisname as QB the next week!

This is pathetic, laughably bad

13. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

NEVER! Are you kidding????

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

This is what happens to bad coaches late in the season when very few things are working.

What is Mangini going to say? It was a team effort? Kellen was inaccurate? The receivers all dropped catchable balls? The offensive line blows chunks?

He's really screwed right now and halfway out the door.

15. Greatful Jethead

Greatful Jethead New Member

that would hold water if he could actually hit wide open receivers. Screw the score I am talking about not hitting guys that are open. It didnt happen much , but when it does you damn sure better get him the ball. Except for Macariens ..Oh my god I can't believe he is still drawing a check he is awful. Sorry. Chad was not the problem and Clemons is not the answer. We suck and need to be redone top to bottom

16. typeOnegative13NY

oh yeah,i keep a fukin list. search back for yourself,because that shit was here a few weeks ago.

17. typeOnegative13NY

maybe i don't understand football as you just said,but what i do understand,whether Chad is cooked or not,is that Clemens hasn't done shit. And i'm a little suprised the way he was hyped on here as the second coming. Has nothing to do with how good or bad Chad was.

18. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

Are you ****** kidding me? Lets stop with these threads. PLEASE.

19. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Actually until this Season - that is the only reason he was successful in the NFL.

Kellen threw just as many short dump passes today as Chad used to - just more of his were uncatchable because he is so innacurate.
    The O Line although cannot run block for sht gave him enough time most of the day today - not Tom Brady time but enough.
    Talk about the drops all you want but at least 4 of his completions today were in spite of his throw like the first one to Baker - Great Catch on a horrendous throw.

Clemens is not the future , I never thought he was - I hoped I was wrong but we will be drafting a QB in the spring.

Please do not twist this into that I think Chad should be starting - I agree that it was time to see what we have in Kellen - I Just dont like waht I am seeing.

20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'm wondering the same thing although KC has no help in the WR corps. No speed, not much talent outside of JC who's looking kinda ordinary without Coles. Brad Smith? 3rd String QB at best. He's not a quality WR by any stretch and I doubt he ever will be.

How tall is Clemens?? He looks a bit short out there and barely able to see downfield clearly. He throws to spots and that takes much more work than his 4 starts can provide. The FO/CS may have to draft another QB this winter just in case if one is out there available. KC needs time, but he also needs to show some flashes of brilliance instead of just another strong arm.