Clemens/Pennington

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JIMsection323, Nov 22, 2007.

1. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Thats quite a bold prediction. Remember that Pennington drove this team to the playoffs evertime he had a full year. he did pretty well here including a 41-0 ass beating in the playoffs vs the Colts. I still want to know what clemens has done to make everyone so sure.

2. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

yea i can see how he got out of the pocket on that last sack!

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You're comparing a QB with 3 starts to a QB with 7 seasons of starts. Do you really feel intelligent making this argument?

4. Pride

Pride New Member

SO your saying Pennington is better right now then Clemens. I say no sh#t. The kid has to get game experience to learn and get better. He is not a finished product. With Penny you know your getting a QB with a weak arm and who does not make good decisions any more

5. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I don't think it's about comparison,I think it's more about how people blamed Chad the most for everything and the new guy who on this site was Jesus Christ still hasn't done shit. 1st it was "Clemens can save the season",now its "were looking to the future". I'd like somebody to get us to the endzone.

6. Pride

Pride New Member

I think most Jets fans knew it would be a grwoing process w/ Clemens. You would have to be a fool to expect him to pick this team up from its woes. I still think we would be better then 2-8 w/ Clemens. Pennington had 5 foruth quarter picks in a 4 game stretch. he proved time and tiome again that he cant lead the team down for a game tying score anymore and that he shot as a full time starter in the NFL. If you and your chad peenington apoligist woul dlike to put Chad in right now just so we can score a couple of TD's then I laugh at you two. We have to play the kid and see what he's got and let him grow. Our future lies in his hands

7. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

NO you dont GET IT! Im comparing 2 QB'S with NO O-Line protection, no running game due to the O-Line, and bad defense. But pennington takes the blame for the record and Clemens gets a pass because its only his 3rd start. My point is NO ONE can win under these conditions!

8. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

HOLY SHIT, now i know why everyone loves Clemens he can throw left handed too!

9. Pride

Pride New Member

Yea thats how it works. You dont evaluate QB's in their first year starting the same as you do with veterans.

10. abyzmul

Look, we've covered this before, most people on this board weren't blaming the team's woes on Chad, but he needed to go. The guy doesn't have much left in the tank and now he's making horrible decisions. Chad is done. Was he the only reason we were losing? Of course not. But in order to progress you have to get unproven players on the field and get younger. Will Clemens be the guy? Maybe not. But I'm not going to throw him under the bus just like I didn't throw Chad under the bus. We have the protection against elite defenses for neither a QB who is out of gas nor a young QB who needs experience. It doesn't matter who we start in that department. But if we're going to lose, we need to find out if Clemens can progress. Anybody who thinks Chad should be in there at this point is not worth conversing with.

11. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

So your telling me if Tom Brady was our QB this season we'd have a winning record? Keep dreaming. Not with this team and O-Line. Bottom line is Pennington got blammed for a losing record when in fact we having bigger issues to address then the QB position and you people just dont get it.

12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

This thread is dumb honestly. Dallas has played great on D today, have to credit them. The Jets O-line sucks. Whats the point?

13. Pride

Pride New Member

see abyzmul's post above this thats all i have to say. You really are a fool if you think tom brady would not have this team /w a winning record. We have lost 7 games this year by a TD or less. Brady makes up the difference in at least 4 of those games. Chad is not all to blame but he is not any part of the solution either. I dont get your point. Do you want him back in their or are you heart broken that he is shot?

14. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

Ok now i agree with you. And im not saying Chad belongs in there and we would be a better team. I was just trying to make a point that the jets losing record was not all chad's fault.

15. abyzmul

double post

16. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

The difference? One has a future. The other does not.
    Clemens is playing now and taking lumps now so he can start in 2008 and play well.

What don't some of you people get about this?

17. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

I was trying to make a point that this season has not been penningtons fault. No one can succed in this offense. And chad took the blame for it.

18. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I always thought that Pennington took an unfair amount of the blame, but I firmly was in the start Kellen bandwagon, especially after the Buffalo game and beyond.

It doesn't matter if Clemens or Pennington is better. We need to see what we have in Clemens and give him some experience.

19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

It wasn't just this season. Even a Chad-guy has to admit this team had to go in a different direction behind center. We also need to go in a different direction in philosophy as well or this level of play will continue well into the future. If not, no one posting on this board today will live long enough to see the Jets play in a SB.

20. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

I admit we do need to see what clemens has. But we cant get a real idea of what he can become with this o-line. Its just not fair to say clemens wont amount to anything with the o-line he has blocking for him