Christopher Johnson will pay the fines of players that protest

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, May 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

not in the middle of a match. Ali is also self employed. he isn't under a contract to play for an organization.

I'm not saying that. it's a gray area, no place is perfect. I'm saying that most of the people "protesting" have no reason to. There are people with legit reasons to protest stuff and do it the right way. Sadly we live in an era where eveyrone wants to be offended and everyone wants to bitch and complain. Some countries would execute people for what the players are doing, all the NFL is asking is to do it on their own time , and you have a bunch of entitled millionaires whining about it. Nobody is saying they can't protest or try to make the world a better place, but you do that with real actions, not just taking a knee during the pledge.

The freedom of speech thing is a double edged sword. Just because it's not illegal to speak your mind doens't mean it's always appropriate. Doens't man it's always right. If someone took the mic out of the hands of the person singing and started spouting hate speech and then claimed "first amendment rights" would you defend it? probably not, i know I wouldn't. all i'm saying is people need to have some decency.

JetBlue and JetsFan like this.
  2. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Kerr is a POS who knows nothing. WTF does the flag have to do with fake police brutality and imagined racial inequality. There is no stats whatsoever to back up his bullshit. There are facts that prove he is full of shit.

Sec124DieHard and JetBlue like this.
  3. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Fake police brutality and imagined racial inequality?

Franchize, nyjetsmets89 and NCJetsfan like this.
  4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I served from 1967-1969. Now you tell me where you served and tell me why you believe you have some kind of right to question me.

5. Jay Bizniss

You the type who cares only for his people. Not for everyone. Since it's not your people getting beat and shot down, its all good right? Enjoy your life bud.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

I don’t really think you understand what I’m saying.

7. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Plenty of people who disagree with me aren't shitheads. I like Coca-Cola, but if you like Pepsi, that doesn't make you a shithead. However, if you think this isn't a "great" nation ... or you think that the country functions as an institution to oppress certain groups of people ... or you think you're something less than one of the luckiest people in the history of the planet because you were born in the United States (or permitted citizenship later in life) ... then yes, you're an ungrateful shithead. Ungrateful for the past work, sacrifice, risk taking and success of the collective past American citizenry that has afforded you the opportunity to live in not only the greatest country on Earth, but the greatest country in the history of the Earth.

I'll get over it.

8. Jay Bizniss

Sound like a Fox News kind of guy.

Franchize and Walt White like this.
  9. JetsFan

Were you drafted? If so, then you had no choice and I can understand/respect your feelings. But for those that served careers and yes I served 26 years not two, and I served overseas in combat regions, the flag means something to us and it signifies the home we were over there protecting. We gladly volunteered to serve and were proud to, but shitting on the flag is shitting on us and our brothers. I attended over 300 funerals, YES attended, and every one of them had a flag draped over the casket, so don't lecture me about the flag and its meaning.

10. tubby

tubby Active Member

Too many snowflakes on the left and hypocritical patriots on the right. I don't mind his comments at all, realistically I don't think they will matter as I don't see a member of the Jets kneeling next season.

Just want me some football.

LAJet and Dierking like this.
  11. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Its why I hate politics, way too many extremists on each side. He said he hopes they stand, but ultimately he is going to let them do what they want, and he will face the consequences accordingly.

The Jets didnt kneel last year, I dont think they will this year.

tubby likes this.
  12. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I have yet to see an NFL player shitting on the flag. Such behavior would be unacceptable to almost everyone.

Now that you haven't received the answer you're looking for - you insinuate that if I was drafted my service does not matter as much as yours does as a lifer and I had no choice. People drafted in the 1960's had many choices and it took true courage for many of them to choose; I'd suggest that you are too young and uninformed to understand that. Perhaps your problem is that you spent 26 years in a society that loathes diversity and demands lockstep obedience to whatever they are told and you have lost the ability to filter right from wrong. Let that flag signify or symbolize anything you want it to for yourself but don't forget that the flag belongs to everyone and those pointing out the failures of the American society have every right to carry it in their battle for equality.

13. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

It seems evidently not.

14. JetsFan

YES fake. What stats do you want?
    1. More white men are shot/killed by police EVERY year than black men.
    2. Black men make up less than 6% of the U.S. population but commit 52.5% of all homicides in the country.
    3. If committing the same crimes, a white man is 2 times more likely to be shot by police officers than a black man.
    4. A whopping 96% of all black men shot or killed are done so by other black men.
    5. A black person is 10x more likely to resist arrest or assault a cop when confronted.

Conclusion: If a cop said
    1. "stop", you stop
    2. "hands up", put your hand up
    3. "lay on the ground", get your ass down on the ground
    4. "put your hands behind your back", just do it
    5. MOST IMPORTANTLY "don't move", don't fuckin move

*White people listen and save the argument for down at the station, but blacks just can't wait for the appropriate time and place.

I have pages of stats to backup my position. You can look for yourself, they are available online at FBI.gov.

Sec124DieHard likes this.
  15. JetsFan

I tried to be nice, because I know and have worked with many people who were drafted and I met some who were proud, some mad and some just resentful, and most did not get the respect they deserved. But your statement just proves you know less than me and are very uniformed. I will say, thank you for your service and leave it at that. We have very different feelings about the flag and most veterans happen to agree with me on this. I talked to a man who served and was held captive at the Hanoi Hilton for years, and endured daily torture and a hand made flag he saluted every day gave him hope and pride. That is what the flag represents to me.

16. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

If you really think the answers lie within statistics, you really really don't get it and there's no helping you.

Jay Bizniss and NCJetsfan like this.
  17. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

@MoProblems96 and @evojoe67 - Please stop the fight.

All,

This thread has completed its shelf life. Locking this. Thanks for your understanding.

TwoHeadedMonster and NY Jets68 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.