Christopher Johnson will pay the fines of players that protest

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, May 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

How much money did you provide him watching 1.5 games last year?

I was an art major... didnt take many math classes :)

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Not a lot of "math" there... :)

3. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

All I see is bloodshed when I look around. Kids getting gunned down at school every other week, black men getting dragged out of their cars and shot up during routine traffic stops, our military bombing other countries whenever it gets the urge.... What do you see?

4. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Is it any wonder why this country has one of lowest voter turnout among developed countries? The middle, where most of the electorate is, is told that they need to pick on one side or the other. No room for compromise or debate. The vocal minority on both sides of the aisle effectively picks the candidates in primaries.

5. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Americans think so ;)

6. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

One Johnson brother proved to be just as foolish as the other. The first Jets game I see a player protest the anthem, will be my last Jets game of the year. It is a business not a platform.

7. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Not much. But I did buy a throwback jersey. And for some reason they felt I was important enough to robocall me and ask me to buy season tickets (again, even though I live 1700 miles away from NYC).

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

[​IMG]

lmao notice he also said year, he will be back next year? No loss for the Jets.

9. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Mistake #1.... buy that shit off ebay and save $100

CotcheryFan likes this.
  10. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

It is possible to think that this is a great country with lots of things other countries can only dream of having, but also has its fair share of issues such as racial injustice.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  11. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

So you don’t want to answer the question which in itself actually answers the question.

Thank you, I guess.

I personally think it’s a great nation. Even with all of its faults.

12. Rollo Tomassi

I’m an American.

And I think it’s great. The greatest, in fact, even with all of its faults.

That was one of my earlier points-that’s how you know it’s a great country when even people who detest it don’t want to leave.

13. Jay Bizniss

No, it is not a great nation.

14. Rollo Tomassi

I also think it has to do with general laziness and apathy.

15. Rollo Tomassi

Thank you.

16. Jay Bizniss

Wrong. The reality is that when you are lower income or poor, life is already too hard and there is no time to worry about political issues that in no way will have any effect on your current situation. That's a fact. If you were poor growing up, and your mother and father were poor growing up, and their mother and father were poor growing up, what President is going to come in and change any of that?

17. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Like I said Americans think so.

The thing is I would never go on the internet or anywhere in real life and say to a person walking down the street "hey, you know what ? Isn't Britain great, in fact it is so fucking great, they made that part of its name, Great fucking Britain man, what a place to live."

I get up in the morning I go to work to pay for the things we need, I come home and make tea, walk my dog, go on the internet, maybe have a go on the PS4, talk to the wife, get rejected off the wife and then go to bed, rinse and repeat.

At a weekend on a day off we may go out somewhere nice for a meal or a show etc etc, none of these things make GB great, this is real life.

It is all a pile of shit, GB used to rule the world, some insignificant island in the north sea once controlled half the world or whatever, how great we must have been conquering those primitive nations and making those rich important folk in control even richer and more powerful, smashing, super, great in fact.

I have no wish or desire to fly a flag outside my house, or go around shouting about how great I am or how great my nation is, you know what I think that may be the first time I have ever used the term my nation in a sentence, I am 46 in August.

I like reading books and one travel guy in particular Bill Bryson, in one of his books he talks about a Swedish girl working as an Au pair, who was asked in the local store how she was liking it in her new home and country, she replied that she liked it very much indeed, the store keeper then asked her if she liked it better than Sweden, to which the girl replied oh no, the store went silent and the girl was made to feel awkward and embarrassed, this is the attitude of a lot of people in America.

Now I would say the story will have been embellished somewhat but that is the image that people have or is portrayed of Americans, you know you even call the Superbowl winners WORLD champions ffs beating all those teams from erm America in the process ;)

Now I don't hate America or Americans but I do find you somewhat overly patriotic about the oddest things, the flag and national anthem being most of them other than that I don't really give a shit what you get up to, there is no way I will be coming over anytime soon, I would be terrified to stumble or accidentally drive into a hood and have my face blown off for a start.

Maybe we in the UK are in the wrong and not giving a stuff either way about flags and such like makes us wrong uns, I really don't know tbh maybe we are just not braggarts also.

18. Jay Bizniss

This guy gets it.

19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Amazing what happens when you go overseas. People can pretty much tell right off if you're American or not by clothing or attitude. They also are keen to give an opinion should you seek one about what's going on here. They really want to know about this overwhelming need to own military style weapons by civilians. They also don't want to import that part of American culture. Some don't really want to visit anymore because they fear the random shooter.

More often than not, those societies are a lot older than America and their opinion should be taken into account. If the world tells you you're drunk, chances are pretty good you're drunk. There are people that think this country's shit doesn't stink. Nothing could be further from the truth. The first step in solving an issue is admitting it exists. That seems to be an insurmountable task for some. Particularly those in American power centers.

20. Rollo Tomassi

Lol wrong?

I said “also” not “only”.

If you think general laziness and apathy doesn’t figure into low voter turnout then you’re not watching.

It’s not just the poor not voting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.