Chris Streveler

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GreenWhiteandGold, Aug 12, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the Kudos FBG

And does Lafleur and Rob Salah have the balls (or brains) to do that?

It's a win for Douglas despite ZW since he got Strevelor for a song and dance

Footballgod214 likes this.
  2. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Since there’s a 0% chance he gets traded anytime soon, it’s not really a “debate”.

Since you put 0 thought into your answer, it’s not a thought exercise either.

But sure, I’ll give you an answer to criticize.

Most people within the industry haven’t changed their opinion on ZW yet. They think he is developing at an expected pace. He had shown enough in the last half of last year to give GMs “hope” and hope is what sells.

Philly wanted ZW in 2021 and didn’t get a QB in this past draft. Since Philly was willing to pay 2 1st rds for ZW in 2021, it makes sense they’d pay at least 1 for him a year later. Tampa would probably also offer a 1st. Give him a year behind Brady and hope for a seamless transition for when TB12 leaves next year. The GM for the Bills probably wouldn’t make the same offer.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Your first sentence says it all...we are stuck with Wilson

And Where is the development you speak of?? It must be at snails pace not NFL pace or the expected one for me lol

Go compare him with Justin Herbert's rookie year and take a seat please

#103 NYJetsO12, Aug 21, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2022
  4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I thought Brady had to fight his way into those college teams with the HC seemingly preferring another QB?

Sec124DieHard likes this.
  5. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

I sometimes question when someone has a great practice/scrimmage vs their team’s own defense because not only the defense could be that good but also they are familiar with a lot of team’s offensive plays.

I am pulling for ZW. But has he fared against joint practices like the Jets had this weekend vs the Falcon? Don’t know the extent of Flacons defense but it is interesting to see these tweets make it sound like Flacco, Breece, Moore and Conklin had what it appears dominating performances. How much should we faith should we have in that?

I don’t. I wait until real season, real crowds, real games count and see how the team really fares.

6. KingRoach

Sure, I’ll go compare ZW with the QB who set rookie records…. Bc that’s what normal people do.

Let’s just agree now, if Hall doesn’t break Dickerson’s rookie rushing record, he’s a disappointment.

TBH, I do love it when people say insane things and follow it up with “take a seat”, like they made a point. Honestly, thanks for the laugh.

PJ4Ever, FJF and Acad23 like this.
  7. joe

joe Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

FJF and KingRoach like this.
  8. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

You dummy--just because something isn't going to be exchanged doesn't mean it doesn't have present value. Now I see your level of education is at fault for your abrasiveness.

9. KingRoach

I didn’t say he didn’t have value…. I said I don’t value your opinion.

I only have a 4th grade education but I did make it through the reading and writing part…. Did you miss those years?

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

For a long time Michigan had a QB pattern where the QB was a junior or senior with a couple of young guys who were sophomores or freshmen backing him up. The QB almost never got to start 3 seasons at Michigan due to this pattern. This was Lloyd Carr having loyalty to the guys who he had recruited and making sure the best of them got at least two seasons as the QB.

Then Brian Griese came in with a big name and started as a soph. The following year he was demoted to backup after a brief competition but saw rotational action with Scott Dreisbach, the 4th year junior, getting most of the starts. This was because Griese didn't play that well in his early opportunity and Carr gave the junior the job to finally show what he could do. The following year he gave Griese, now a senior, back the job and the Wolverines won a co-National Championship.

So when Carr had to make the choice between Tom Brady, a junior, and Drew Henson, a very highly rated freshman, he decided to go with what had worked in in 1996 and after a short competition at the start of the season gave the guy in line to play the job.

It would have been a shocker if he gave the job to Henson, likely leading to a Brady transfer someplace in the Pac-10 to a lesser program.

K'OB likes this.
  11. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

What was Josh Allen worth after is rookie year? He had a 67.9 passer rating. Wilson had a 67.7 passer rating last year.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. joe

joe Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

So Allen was better even when he sucked?... . ; )

13. K'OB

I burned my eyes once by watching his story on youtube

Br4d likes this.
  14. K'OB

I'm sure it was a lot of derision for his throwing and respect for his running but a warning that he couldn't run forever as running QB's have a short career.

15. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Denial of history would certainly be more laughable, if someone thought that anything related to the history of Jets is humorous. Until this team performs better on the field "they are what their record says they are." Those who choose to "lol" are only setting themselves up for disappointment, laughing through their tears.

Your repeated reference to those who would root against their favorite team is unfounded nonsense except when those who falsely claim to be fans wish for "their" team to lose in order to secure a better draft position. "You play to win the game."

Don't be surprised that some with better insight would rather deal with the reality of what is actually happening than deal with the irrational fantasy that is "hoping."

Time will tell and I, for one, would rather be pleasantly surprised by a turn in results than be "surprised/disgusted/insulted" by those who got it right. Again.

16. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

"...another FQB"?

How about we wait until the Jets get their first in decades?

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets should be looking to acquire a couple of QB's to put in a real competition for the job once Zach has blown out.

One of the problems the Jets have had is they keep taking young guys high up in the draft and that removes real competition from the equation.

They should be looking for a Pete Carroll/Seahawks type solution with a moderate free agent + a mid rounds QB + guy left over from the last regime. That's almost guaranteed to give them a competent QB because they're taking the best competitor from the group instead of slanting everything towards one guy. Franchise QB's are for teams that are already built and can support them well. At that point it maybe makes sense to spend a 1st round pick at QB.

Hell, Zach might even be the guy from the last regime.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

19. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

ok--so maybe other teams will evaluate the similarity between JA and ZW. You tell me--what do you think in terms of draft pick ZW is worth today--if you say a #1 or #2, please tell me what team you believe would give that up.

It's really simple--In my mind its an objective measure that could be debated rather than fan-based feelings.

#119 IDFjet, Aug 21, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2022
  20. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.