CBS...inexcusable

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by allan1, Sep 10, 2006.

1. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

Every Fox football broadcast is in HD, as well as their pregame show. CBS, on the other hand, blows.

2. talbain

talbain New Member

well, cbs has resources to show only 3 hd games per week. now, if you work for cbs and are allocating the resources, would YOU really commit the hd trucks to a couple of 4 and 12 teams playing against each other. i can understand their position.

things pick up next week. jets will be in hd.

3. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

I'm forming an OFFICIAL thread on Cablevison, HDTV, etc, post your comments over there.

4. fireguy404

fireguy404 New Member

Hey guys, its not that easy to broadcast every game in HD. I work at ESPN and deal with our HD stuff from time to time. There is a limited amount of HD games we can broadcast at once and I know CBS can do even less. Unfortunately, they had to pick and choose the best HD games....and Jets/Titans definately wasn't going to be one of them.

5. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

I worked at ESPN in 1996.. Quite cool. I was in the HR department developing computer systems though.

6. fireguy404

fireguy404 New Member

You should try to come back and take a look around. I've only been here a year and half and already its changed a lot. The digital center is pretty cool

7. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

OK.....BTW, can you explain the occasional audio cut-outs and pixelization squares/blotches some of us get watching digital/HDTV feeds ????

8. fireguy404

fireguy404 New Member

Thats mostly an issue with the cable company, not the people doing the actual broadcast.
    The HD broadasts, though, aren't always perfect. The best way I can explain it is that HD is still a fairly new thing (I know its been around a few years). There are kinks still being worked out with it.

9. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

They advertised the Jets game on the channel listings down here, so we had a bunch of people over. Then they show the fucking Bills-Pats game. There are more friggin Jets fans in South Florida than there are fins fans. What the F??

10. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

i have directv and watched the game in HD. It wasn't very good quality. Not much better than normal and nothing NEAR fox's HD. fox HD = amazing. CBS HD - crappy

11. fireguy404

fireguy404 New Member

You sure it was HD? If it was crappy, it probably was just a stretched out SD screen.

12. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

My problem isn't as much with the HDTV-thing as it is with the programming. I mean, I wish they woudl just give me the Peyton Manning Miniseries all in one shot, instead of making me wait for little pieces of it every ten minutes. Anyone know what happened after they checked to pancakes? The phone rang and I got called away.

13. 24McNeil

24McNeil Well-Known Member

IT'S NOT 1993???? wow i'm getting old

14. Benny the Jet

Benny the Jet Active Member

I agree with all of you! Total Crap. Just wrote CBS a complaint. Think you should do the same. Maybe if enough people write in they'll do something about it! Here's the link. After you go to this page, scroll down to the bottom (the very bottom of the page) and look for where it says feedback. that will allow you to write them a message!

http://www.cbs.com/info/user_services/info_faq_contact_us.shtml#

This was my message for those who care:
    I am writing in regards to your coverage of the New York Jets vs. Tennessee Titans football game. I simply can't understand how in this day and age you would fail to televise all games in High Definition! You are the only network that does not offer all of your sports in HD and it's simply inexcusable. With technology today, there is simply no excuse as to why you would not broadcast all sporting events in best possible manner. Your coverage (i.e. picture quality) was sub par at best! I know that I am one of many who feel this way! Hopefully you will make the necessary changes to accommodate your audience. Thank you very much.

15. talbain

talbain New Member

that's quite a feat then, considering the game was not broadcast in hd...

16. lude

lude New Member

You know what, I wouldn't have minded the SD feed as much if the stupid audio didn't cut out like 6 times, and the all the artifacts & crap.

If you're going to cheap out and broadcast the game in SD, get it right, please.

17. LWC611

LWC611 Member

Hell as long as they win I'll watch the game in black and white.

18. oktaren

oktaren Banned

19. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

ahahahahahahahaha

But yeah, I was kinda pissy about the non-HD too. :hangsheadinshame: