CB Debate: Jets' Lowery vs. Raiders' Branch

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Mr Electric, Jun 2, 2008.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You say that every single offseason, you idiot. By the way, coward, I predicted you would disappear halfway through the season after your sorry team with the owner who should already be dead would melt like Velveeta before the 8 week mark - although that's like predicting the the moon will revolved around the Earth twice a day - the lunar tides the Raiders imploding and jeaux's cowardice are like forces of nature.

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showpost.php?p=1004640&postcount=32

Oh yeah, here's another moron prediction you made. Aren't you tired of being the dumbest person wherever you post? There has to be some forum for people like you... maybe a support group for people with head trauma?

Seriously, you must spend so much of your paper route money replacing keyboards that you've drooled on.

2. Kenny

Kenny New Member

lmao your such a clown.. 5-11 is now good by your standards in a weak division..

3. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Again I love how Jet fans go off topic. The topic is Dwight Lowery who everything I said about him proved correct. (<patting myself on my back>) Lets just say I was right and those who doubted me were proved wrong.

BTw You do know breaking in an inexperienced QB is going to cost you about 4 games(according to Bill Parcells) than starting a veteran QB. You have to learn to walk before you can run. Jets went for it last year and they missed the playoffs just like the raiders. Only diffrence is Raiders young QB got the experience, while you wasted a year going with a hasbeen.(that cost you a third rounder) Now you are left not knowing what you have at QB. What position you rather be in.

#163 Raiderjoe, Jan 5, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  4. Killeri9590

Killeri9590 Banned

You weren't right on anything.

And we have Kellen Clemens, Brett Ratliff, and Erik Ainge battling it out for the future QB spot.

Worry if JaBarcus BUSTell will amount to any thing :rofl2::rofl2:

Brady Quinn>>>>>>russell

5. Firemangini Ed

Firemangini Ed New Member

As long as the Raiders have McFadden they have a chance to win. I wish we could sucker Aldavis into trading him.

6. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I gotta be honest with you here Jeaux. I actually missed your craziness towards the middle to end of the season. After reading this post and a couple of others, I'm already Jeaux-ed out. I really am.

As for Lowery. It's easy to come up with an argument like "potential" when a player is placed on IR, and how he could've, would've and should've. Far as I'm concerned Branch has shown nothing in half the season he's played. And please, stop drooling over that pick he had. It was lose ball that hit off the Chiefs receiver and it hung in the air for 10 minutes. He happened to be in the right place at the right time.

All year long, Lowery has been a step behind every ball thrown his way. A year under his belt and coaching can fix that. However, being brittle and sucking...you can't fix. Sorry Jeaux. You fail again in proving how a non-starting, IR-placed, CB, in a shit-hole that is the Oakland Raiders, is better than one who started 10 games, had 64 tackles, defensed 16 passes, had 1 interception and FORCED 5 FUMBLES (Yeah, you 'accidentally' missed those, didn't you?).

If it hasn't been announced...

...THIS THREAD FAILS!!

#166 rmagedon, Jan 6, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  7. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Yea you have Crap at QB. I Hope Jets FO think anyone of those Qb's are the longterm anwer . Jets could be drafting at number 1 if they elect to go that route. Jets better stop trying to pull gold in the later rounds, and draft a potential franchise Qb. How many years have you passed on potential franchise QB.

Again if you you would learn to read. You would know Jamarcus Numbers improved dramicatically the last eight games from first eight game. The normal maturation of a young QB. Raiders improve that right side of Oline it will cure alot of Russell and Raiders offenses problems.

8. Killeri9590

Killeri9590 Banned

Jets have 3 young quarterbacks that have more potential than Jamarcus BUSTell:rofl2:

And you've been saying the same thing for the past 5 years yet the raidchokers have losing seasons each time. :rofl2:

9. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

You can throw out all Lowery numbers you want. The fact is Lowery was getting picked on so bad by everyone that Jets were forced to Sign Hasbeen Ty Law out of desperation. Ty Law wasn't any better than Lowery. Raiders were able to sign a pretty good kickreturner off waivers. (because Lowery was no answer at CB) Thanks Lowery.

Last point Everyone knows Jets will be targerting the CB position this offseason. Jets FO knows when they get a good defense, Lowery won't be anywhere near the starting lineup. Lowery can't play man to man as he just dosen't have the speed to matchup to NFl caliber Wrs. NFL You know what it stands for Mister Lowery. NOT for Long. TYhis isn't college ball wherte you can get away with lack of speed.

10. Killeri9590

Killeri9590 Banned

Your welcome =)

Lowery has more potential than either miller or branch.

Lowery gets picked on more since we have an all-pro and pro bowler CB Revis on the other side and for a rookie it's obvious he would be tested and lowery handled it well.

11. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Okay Let me guess because you say so. OKay. Jets FO thought anyone of those QBs could play, you really tlhink they would have went for Brett fAVRE. Jets could have had a franchise QB in last year draft, but they went for that Ghost pass rusher. Brillant.

Speakiung OF Pass rushers Raiders took a DE in sixth round Trevor Scott who in limited time was coleader of all rookie in sacks. (5) Heck even undrafted FA Greyson Gunheim had more scaks than gholston. (only played in last game) Both those players upside are so much higher than Gholston.

12. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Revis couldn't even hold asomugha jock strapp.(why revis will be watching from the bench , Mister asomugha starting.0 Revis isn't even better than Raiders other Cbs Chris Johnson+ Stanford Routt. Reason they could cut Deangelo hall.

Im really going to question if you watch Jet games. Lowery blew chunks. You don't believe his ineffectiveness was a big reason Ty Law was signed. Than explain to me why Jets had the 28th pass defense. Maybe Lowery will win an Espy. He was on Espn so much giving up the big plays to the other team.

13. Killeri9590

Killeri9590 Banned

Asomugha is the best player on ur team and crappy secondary and he is sick and wants out of your team LMAO

No one can hold Asomugha's jock strap...and Revis would easily be starting in your secondary opposite aso considering it sucks balls (except asomugha) even worse than the Jets. And you claimed Deangelo Hall was a pro bowl CB savior for you:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Ty Law was signed for depth purposes because Drew Coleman has sucked balls.

Lowery has a good attitude and will improve next yr, meanwhile were waiting to see Branch do anything besides sniffing the IR

14. Killeri9590

Killeri9590 Banned

Maybe we got Favre because none of our QB's were ready? Favre had a major impact on Rodgers and perhaps clemens or ratliff did as well. I'm still waiting to see JaBust Russell show anything. One more losing season and that'll be it. Since you've been here ur team has had losing season each time.

15. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Listen your talking about whole diffrent kind of secondary comparing Raiders to Jets. Raiders are 98% man to man defense. All the Raiders Cb have one thing in common they all can fly. Most everyone your Cbs including Lowery couldn't play in Raiders system( have to play in zone defense) Raiders leave there Cbs on Island and you either swim or drown. Deangelo hall was not a Raider cB prefering to playing a couple yards off the Wr(thats not Raiders style)

The Raiders number one FA is CB Chris Johnson 6'1 200 . The guy started seven games with 3 interceptions. Every team challenged him and he more than hold his own. Very late bloomer that really came on. Both Him and Asomugha form one best starting cb duo. His play was a big reason they could cut Deangelo hall. N Asomugha not going anywhere as Raiders have the franchise tag.

Stanford Routt- 6'1 195 Like Asomugha and Johnson he plays very well man defense on outside but like both starters not as comfortable playing in the slot. ( Thats where he was forced to play) This guy could in time be the best.

Michael Huff-6'1 205 hasn't developed as Raiders hoped at safety but hou have to remember he was the number 1 CB and safety the year he came at.
    Raiders have so many outside Cbs but are still looking for a CB that excells in the slot.(thats where they have been hurt)

Now after that you have a whole bunch of prospects with some crazy potential.

Darrick Brown 6'4 200 Crazy Vertical and a guy with 4.3 speed

Tyronne Branch 6'0 205. 4.3 speed and very reliable tackler.

John Bowie 5'11 190 - what else big east top sprinters.

Justin Miller- 5'10 195 (freeagent) Raiders probably would want this guy back as a kickreturner. Way down the depth chart when it comes to playing in their secondary.

NOw what do these prospects have that alot teams don't have. They have alot of coaches/ Ex players that know what it is to be the best Cb in football to lean on.

Again your defense was not 28 against pasas because your secondary was good. Stop the insanity.

#175 Raiderjoe, Jan 6, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  16. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

A Rodgers was a Number 1 PIck. NO Jet QB was good enough to be drafted in first round. The Patriots hit the lottery by getting a once in lifetime player Tom Brady in sixth round. The Jets better stop trying to remake the patriots magic. Jets have a better chance winning Mega Million than finding a QB in later rounds. Ratliffe playing against scrubs in preseason elevated him to Jets Number 1 QB.(lmao- you can't make this stuff up. Again Keep being dumb and passing on potential franchise QB in the draft.. Its going to be another forty years before you win a championship.

Again If you learn to read. I provided you numbers of Jamarcus russell numbers from first eight games and second eight games. Even you can figure out what they mean. Once Raiders upgrade that oline in draft you will see Jamarcus Russell really come on.

17. Rocinante

Rocinante New Member

This just in..Michael Huff is a total bust!!!

18. Rocinante

Rocinante New Member

I think JaMarcus is destined for problems. If he doesn't get a disciplinarian HC, who makes him bust his ass in the film room, he will be forever throwing horrible interceptions.

19. Kenny

Kenny New Member

Hey douchebage you realize the raiders were 2nd worst against the run.. Raiders suck so bad teams just can run down the clock against them...

Btw, moron you were wrong about revis not sniffing the pro bowl.. Why dont you own up to it instead of making bullshit excuses

20. Killeri9590

Killeri9590 Banned

Doesn't matter if Ratliff played against scrubs, he still showed potential and who knows...he may be another Tony Romo that went undrafted.

Ah the great RaiderJeaux says once they upgrade this, upgrade that, they'll be good. Where have we heard this before?