CB Debate: Jets' Lowery vs. Raiders' Branch

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Mr Electric, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Get here 2009 season. There are so many good things happening. Raiders are probably one OLineman away(RT) from being a real scary offense. Probably that will be pick number 1(number 7- Michael Oher) . Oline Gives Russell time+ healthy Raiders running game = look out.

2. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

There is a very good chance Tom Cable gets Raiders head coaching job fulltime. Jamarcus Russell really started to come on and Raiders finished real strong down the stretch. Raiders two most important players 1 jamarcus Russell- how he goes Raiders will go and N Asomugha want Cable back.

BTw Time to send Rob Ryan to the Minor leagues- Jets DC

#142 Raiderjoe, Jan 4, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
  3. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Good for you. We have the AFC's Pro Bowl KR, so suck it.

Btw, didn't you lose a bet? Something about the Raiders having a better record than the Jets this year?

4. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Yea Just like you had a probowl QB and LG. Neither Favre or Faneca deserved that honor this year.

No i didn't lose a bet becuse the person didn't wan't to donate that amount to this site. They wanted to donate to some group of there choice. My conscience wouldn't let me be a part of that. So I never made the bet.

#144 Raiderjoe, Jan 4, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
  5. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

2007 Season record: 4-12
    2008 Season record: 5-11

?!
    I guess...

6. Firemangini Ed

Firemangini Ed New Member

Al Davis will use his first pick on Usain Bolt.

7. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Don't guess. When you break in an inexperienced franchise QB you usually are going to go through growing pains. Thats what happen and we saw Russell improve as season went on. Jets went in a diffrent direction. Going for the quick fix with experienced Qb on his last legs. Now what position you rather be in since we both missed the playoffs. The team that already went through that learning process with young Qb or a team that has to go through that learning process this year.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/raiders/

January 4, 2009
    Russell proved Knapp right

In a conversation I had with Raiders offensive coordinator Greg Knapp early in the season I was curious about a few of things when it came to JaMarcus Russell.

But the main thing I wanted to know about was Russell's growth in the classroom. For every young player this is often the hardest area to grasp about the NFL. Knapp assured me Russell was doing fine in that area and that it would show in the second half of the season.

Here's the evidence that Knapp was right:

Russell's first seven games (before missing the Raiders eighth game with a knee injury)

105 for 216, 48.6%, 1,289 yards, 6 TDs, 4 INTs, 69.0 rating

Russell's final eight games

93 for 152, 61.2%, 1,134 yards, 7 TDs, 4 INTs, 88.5 rating

Russell managed to get better even as he endured having three different play callers during the season.

He improved greatly in reading NFL defenses and finding secondary receivers. The question is will having a fourth different person call plays hurt Russell's progress.

And if he's forced to learn a completely new offense, Russell might be in another slow start, strong finish mode in 2009.

8. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Raiders under AL Davis will always have Wrs with speed to burn. IF you look at there roster they have alot of burners. Jets on the other hand Wr corp are lacking speed. Maybe Jets should draft Usain Bolt. You once had a player similiar to him in Johnnie Lam jones- Mister Butterfingers.

9. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Where were you between your posts today and Oct 24th? I wonder why you didn't post during that time. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

10. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Lets See Raiders just beat Brett favre to a pulp. October 17 . ONe week to harp on Raiders victory here and what else did i need to say . Can't wait till jet fans start predicting another victory over the Raiders. Only to get slapped back to reality.

11. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Right. I can't blame you for believing in that kind of "success" since it's been pretty much the standard for Raiders fans.

Here's to you and next years success.

6-10

I predict Russell will string together 3 WHOLE WINS during the span of the season where the games no longer matter.

12. Killeri9590

Killeri9590 Banned

RaiderJoe is back hahahahahahahaa

Hey man where were you?

How them RaidChokers doing? Jamarcus BUSTell is sure looking like a franchise QB LMAO!

You lost this year....aagain

13. Firemangini Ed

Firemangini Ed New Member

All in good fun, joe.

14. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

So, you're implying that Leon didn't deserve to make the Pro Bowl? What did he make it on, his name? Washington is hardly a household name. You fail.

And whether or not you actually made the bet isn't the point; the point is, you said, you predicted, you emphatically stated the Raiders would have a better record than the Jets this year. You fail again.

15. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Again Raiders get one MOre LT/RT there Oline is probably complete. Will Probably be with their number 1 pick at 7. Raiders down stretch probably found their LT Mario Henderson. HE shutout R Seymour and Mario williams. Took out Gaines Adams also. Lets see LT Mario Henderson 6'7 305 LG R gallery 6'7 325(Had probowl season at LG and deserved it more than faneca C J Grove 6'4 305 RG Kwame harris 6'7 325(failed at LT but like Gallery probably better fit at guard RT Michael Oher 6'5 325(If he there thats our man) You Put that oline out there with healthy Raiders running backs(mcfadden was never healthy since week two )and that oline going to give russell time to pass . Look out. Raiders should get a veteran WR in FA to go with their young studs at WR. (down stretch we saw The Chaz schilens and Johnnie lee higgins really show they have a bright future. Thats not counting the young Wr Raiders are extremely high On - Arman Shields. They IR last year as he missed all of 20007 in college with injury. (Raiders just want him totally healthy) NOw throw in Raiders all world TE Zach Miller. Raiders will get back their stud FB Oren Oneal who they lost in preseason to injury. He is one devasting lead blockers in football today.

Raiders have alot of talent on defense. Raiders Best pass rusher D Burgess was injured pretty much all season. Raiders found a pass rusher Kablimba Edwards . Raiders have two Guys that could be studs at De in the very near future. Trevor Scott 6'5 260- Tied all rookies with five sacks last year in limited playing time. A year in the weight room will do wonders for him. Greyson Gunheim is another very intriguing De Prospect . Dosen't hurt that Raiders have DL Keith Milliard who has a proven track record developing speed rushers. Raiders probably need a MLB to team with Thoams Howard and Kirk Morrison.

Raiders if they can resign Chris Johnson have their starting Cbs. Chris Johnson was everything Deangelo Hall was suppose to be.

Raiders have a good chance to be a playoff team next season.

Raiders special team unit is one best units in all of football. Even though they probably are going to lose their probowl Punter Shane Lechler. Hes not going to be back as he will be kicking somewhere else.

16. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

I think you could make a case johhine Lee higgins deserved to make it over Leon Washington. Returned more Tds than Leon washington did. Well when you only win five games it hard to cry you were cheated.

Yes I did say that and IF Mcfadden and some key parts on offensed were healthy they would have had better year than Jets. (could compromise for breaking in young QB) What did Parcell say is the diffrence in starting a proven veteran QB, over a young inexperience Qb. probably four game swing.

#156 Raiderjoe, Jan 5, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  17. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

to a pulp? i saw an overtime win.

18. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Well you need to rewatch tape from that game. Raiders hit Favre so much that if that happen on the street, someone would be going to jail. Jet WR couldn't get any seperation from Raiders defenders. Cothchery and Coles who?

Again this topic is about Lowery. Who will never be an NFl caliber CB. I nailed it with my analysis . The guy is too slow to play Cb in the NFl. Itys time for jerts fans to admit I wqas right and they were wrong about this guy.

#158 Raiderjoe, Jan 5, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  19. Killeri9590

Killeri9590 Banned

Lowery will be a solid CB with more games under his belt. He did very good considering he was a 4th round pick.

I'm still waiting for Branch to show something besides being another Justin Miller clone.

20. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

hey jeaux, you lost the bet.

Guess which team had more wins?