CB Debate: Jets' Lowery vs. Raiders' Branch

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Mr Electric, Jun 2, 2008.

1. DHarris52

DHarris52 Active Member

Jeaux, how does it feel to have spent a 2nd round pick on a guy who you very well could have brought in as an UDFA?

2. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Mike Mitchell going to be a probowl Safety . So what the regret Raiders should have. Its better than paying a player sixth overall money and hes playing like a UDFA.

3. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

But it's not our fault that he struggled. EVERYONE said he was going to be a top ten talent. Whereas Mitchell wasn't graded at all.

4. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

That just goes to show you shouldn't listen to anyone. Do your own scouting. See Mike Mitchell- future probowl safety.

5. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

But you could've got Mitchell in the 5th or 6th. No matter what you think about him, selecting Mitchell in the 2nd round was not a shrewd decision. He could be the next Brian Dawkins, but it doesn't mean you maximized value at that spot.

6. Killeri9590

Killeri9590 Banned

Don't bring logic into this when it comes to jeaux

7. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

More then anything why are you so sure he'll be a probowl safety?

8. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Forced Fumble by Lowery led to a TD.

he makes plays.

9. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

The ravens were picking ON Lowery , as bad as Raiderjoe pick on, this board. Yea he a good tackler, but can't cover anyone. HMMM who does it sound like-a much much slower Justin Miller.

BTW You aren't kidding Lowery makes plays. Just as many big plays he makes for Jets, he give up to the opposition. His nickname should be Dwight "Sportscenter" Lowery.

#209 Raiderjoe, Aug 25, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
  10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

i have over 10,000 posts now.

11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

12. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Well what do you call a person that keeps trying to a argue about a Player(dwight Lowery) that proves everytime he goes out there, hes not even an average Cb. He horrible.

13. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I'm not going to apoligize for Dwight Lowery. Lowery has clearly shown that he lacks some physical skill in coverage on the NFL level.. Lowery can't play on an island and play press coverage...his skillset isn't up to par.

I'm not giving up on Lowery, his work ethic and intelligence can make him a better player. Lowery is a ballhawk and has a knack for Ints. I still believe Lowery has some upside and can be a decent in nickel coverage. I was one of the few on this site talking up Lowery before he was even drafted...loved his potential and ball skills and was a top defensive player in the WAC. Lowery isn't as terrible as Joe makes him out to be.....Jet fans just have to understand Lowery's limitations.

#213 WW85, Aug 25, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
  14. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

he can cover possession guys not burners. That we know.

5 Forced Fumbles and 16 PDs as a rookie means you don't suck. Plain and simple.

15. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

OR Wr's with chicken arms Qb Again there is a reason why the Jets desperately signed a well past his prime Ty Law. Everyone was picking on D Lowery.

When your defense raked 29 th against the pass, with a revis at one Cb spot. Basically that says D Lowery sucks.

So ytour telling me when raiders play the Jets, Lowery will be inactive. all they have is burners.

16. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

D Lowery might be a very good Cb in a zone defense. (see ronde Barber) Thats not Rex Ryan scheme. Hes going to ask his Cb to play more man to man situations. Lowery sucks at that. So what good is Lowery to the Jets. Unless he there to get M sanchez confidence up. Easy completion.

Its Like Kevin Boothe. He an olineman who was drafted by Raiders because they were a man on man blocking scheme. When they went to a Denver/zone blocking scheme . He was a poor fit. They cut him and hes now a backup on the Giants oline.

17. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Yuor defense was better rated against the pass, but thats becasue no one bothered to throw when you were the #31 run defense, only better than the lowly Lions. Facing 6.5 less passing attempts per game than the Jets defense. Temas ran against you 542 times, or 135 more than the Jets faced, most in the NFL last seaosn.

Basily this says that the raiders front seven sucks if teams are so willing to run against them. The Riaders ignored this by not drafting for the front 7 in the first two rounds. So its safe to assume your front 7 will suck again this season.

So your tell me when the Raider play the Jets, that they will combat a run heavy offense with the second worst run defense in football? Good news.

18. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

No this is why team didn't pass against Raiders. See Jake Delhomme carolina panthers stats against the raiders. http://www.nfl.com/players/jakedelhomme/gamelogs?id=DEL367367&season=2008

Jake Delhomme had 27 attempts with 7 completions for 72 yards. and 4 interceptions.
    The scary part is offense don't have a gibril wilson to pick on anymore. Tyvon Branch is excellent in coverage.
    You of all people after witnessing what raiders cb's did to your Wr's shouldn't even question Raiders secondary. Your Wr's couldn't get any seperation all game. (so it silly to try and make a comparison to the 29th ranked pass defense.

Again I mentioned it already you have nothing whether its keller, washington or any of your Wr's that can hurt the raiders in the passing game. Raiders will take all those options out man to man. (won't even break a sweat.

A one dimential offense - only can run is not beating the raiders.

19. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

you picked Jake Delhomme on a bad day where the Panthers running game fucked your teams gaping anus.

The Raiders got 4 (four, for, etc) interceptions and put 6 points on the board. holy shit the Lions would have won that game.

epic fail.

I don't even need my genius pictures to illustrate the embarrassment. Just scroll up.

EDIT: The last time Jake threw 4 picks he lost 30-8, but against the faget black and silver he wins 17-6.

I hate the Raiders for not winning.

Since you aren't real Joe, i'll just continue to rant to nothing.

#219 NDmick, Aug 29, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2009
  20. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Again you don't know what your talking about. First off the panthers running game was controlled . Raiders didn't score points because it hard to do when all your weapoms are sitting on the sideline injured. IF Jamarcus russell had played, they win that game going away.

How about Jay Cutler having one of his worst games of the season against raiders secondary. (second meeting)
    I didn't see you address why your WR couldn't even gain the slighest of seperation from Raider cb's.
    Stop trying to make arguement for Dwight Lowery. He sucks and just makes you look foolish. Tyvon Branch is the Raiders starting strong safety. Whats Lowery dime Cb on the 29th pass defense. LMAO. Keep it up.