CAN'T WAIT- Week 16: The New England Patriots at the New York Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JStokes, Dec 19, 2015.

1. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

If you watched the games this season you'd see TB is probably hitting 70+% of his deep balls almost perfectly. He makes some god awful decisions and flat out misses guys on occasion, but his 2015 deep ball has been near perfect as far as deep ball standards go. His receivers ability to catch them or the defender making a play in tight coverage is something else, but the ball placement has been special.

2. thankyourevis

thankyourevis Active Member

You cant really believe this.. Brady has been getting sacked and hurried a ton this year. The pats have lost two games dude. There is no one liner or magic pill to beat the pats. You dont just beat them cause you put some pressure on brady and call him a crybaby. You beat them by playing a near perfect game and getting turnovers. Seriously we need to get over stupid platitudes and catches phrases. Hes a baby.. They cheat.. Fine if you believe that they have four superbowls and already beat us once this year.. And twice last year. We need to outplay them not rely on brady being a baby. As a fanbase sometimes i think we are an embarrashemnt. We are a good team this year and so are they as always. I hope we go out there and earn a tough well fought win.

3. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

Nah, I won't face it, it's simply not true.

"Whining" to the refs is part of the job of the QB, generally, Brady is correct when he goes after the refs, you're a fool if you don't think he knows the rules better than the refs do and i can guarantee you he probably sees the field better than half the refs combined. If he's complaining he probably has a legitimate gripe, like a 70 yard pass being called back because a DEFENDER blocked a receiver within ONE YARD of the LOS and it got called as OPI. Aka even if the receiver initiated contact, it's still within one yard and still not OPI. Do you blame a QB for being livid at being forced to punt when they had a legal 70 completion negated?

Solid rushing, sure, that's a good way to get to any QB. Aggressive blitzing is a way to get yourselves destroyed vs decent QB's, those two things do not go hand in hand.

4. RexontheBeach

RexontheBeach Well-Known Member

5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

What's with all the "we" shit? What number do you wear?

Thanks for the standings update and such cogent insight as the Jets needing "to outplay them" - I think you've got something there.

And thanks for this: "... sometimes i think we are an embarrashemnt."

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

So now whining is part of the job? Great!

You can't really be serious about the bolded line above, can you? If you said something like he plays better, I'd go along with it, even if it's irrelevant. But no, there's no way he knows the rules better; he just has a very biased outlook on interactions between his receivers and the defenders and is trying to work the system and the more he finds a need to do that, the more frustrated he gets. That's where the Jets need his head.

It sounds like you have a particular play in mind where you didn't like a CALL somewhere in the PAST! Why not get a little more specific?

Or just pull on your little Patriots pajamas and go to bed.

7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

LMAO you just morphed Matt Hasselback and TB

Brady looks like one of his lawyers here

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  8. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Completely disagree.
    We get someone injured and is questionable to return, if they can play and help us - they will be back in there.
    The Pats have someone go down and is questionable to come back, they are not coming back in to basically a meaningless game for them.

You can quote me later.

9. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

also Hightower got hurt.. LaFell got hurt.. Pats oughtta take it easy this game ya know? ;)

10. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

They are so banged up. There is no reason at all we should not win this game. If the Jets lose they don't deserve to make the playoffs.

LIJetsFan likes this.
  11. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Well seeing as how if they do lose they won't make it, there is a certain logical symmetry to your observation.

But yeah, this is the biggest game of the season. So far, anyway. Even somehow if the Jets were otherwise to make the playoffs, how far could we expect them to go if they can't beat the Pats in the Meadowlands? Huge game.

12. JetLifeLo

[​IMG]

He's a biiiiiiiitch

13. JetLifeLo

I don't think nobody seeing us in the AFC cept Steeelers RIGHT NOW. I couldnt see Osweiller and AJ Mccarron beating us with the way out defense been playing the last month

14. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

The Patriots just don't play that way. Again, there is ZERO chance they don't go all out to win this game. Sure, if someone is really injured, he won't play. But, anyone that can play will play. It's what they have always done and it's what they always will do.

LIJetsFan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  15. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

They have lost two games all year and they have been banged up, to varying degrees, for a couple of months now. This will be the biggest challenge of the season.

16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I don't quite give two shits as to how the Pats will or will not play. Could not care less who they rest and when. We would be fools not to expect an all out out effort from our nemesis.
    I'm more concerned about the effort the Jets are willing to put out. The game plan, a well though out aggressive but controlled strategy, and a solid performance on all three aspects of the game. Special teams needs to shine, we can not take points off the board, and must take every opportunity to pin them in a bad situation.
    We can not pussie footing around, or make idiotic mistakes ala Colon or Winters. We need to out score them and slow their relentless offense down.
    Who they play means nothing if we don't bring our A game.

#136 LAJet, Dec 22, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
    NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. EmbraceTheHate

EmbraceTheHate Active Member

This simply isn't true. Amendola and Edelman could, by all accounts, both play this weekend. I highly doubt they both do, and if they do, it will absolutely not be for their normal # of snaps. Same goes for Chung, Hightower, McCourty, etc.

18. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Haha that's the funniest shit ever

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  19. Flymax

Flymax New Member

Just watched the replay from Sundays NE/TEN Game..

We cant underestimate Brandon Boldin and James White..I wouldnt be suprised to see a lot of draws/screens to their backs.

20. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I like your optimism. But KC has not lost since forever, and until the Jets beat NE...

They haven't.

The last time the Jets played Houston they lost, too. And I for at least this week hope the Bungles do not suffer such a drop off with McCarron instead of Dalton.

As for Pitt, if I had to lay money now I would have them going to the SB.

Point being, win against NE this week and then we can talk about it.

JetLifeLo likes this.