CAN'T WAIT- Week 16: The New England Patriots at the New York Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JStokes, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Richardson had some good plays Saturday night. But he really wasn't all that impressive. I'd love to see him elevate it for this game. But I don't know if he's on an upward trend at this point of the season. I think Snacks actually looked better against the 'boys.

LIJetsFan likes this.
  2. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Meh. At this point I don't see the Steelers missing the playoffs. Jets' best bet is that the Broncos don't make it, which means nothing to the Pats.

3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Jets looked vulnerable on reverses and counter plays to the outside. A little worried the Pats will exploit that. Although Darren mcfadden always runs for a monster amount of yards against the Jets.

Is David Harris hurt?

4. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Back contusion for Harris.

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The Jets look vulnerable any time a team uses misdirection and trickery. It's how they lost to the Texans, how the Titans got on the scoreboard and how the Cowtards got that big run.

6. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I think the Jets will play this game like it's their SB. Something tells me they will be on fire.

I never underestimate NE, nor BB, that much I know for sure. He will have his team well prepared, with a number of new offensive and defensive plays to negate our strengths. But one thing he will not do is jeopardize his chance at another ring to put in players that are hurt just to keep the Jets out of the playoffs. He has far more important things on his radar than the Jets.

Having said that we need to come up with a damned good game plan ourselves. We better forget the telegraphed play of Ivory down the middle on third or God forbid fourth and inches. We better get our OL to play mistake and penalty free, and above all, have special teams ready to make a positive difference in this game, not become once again our Achilles heal.

I think if there is one thing BB hates more than the Jets is not reaching the SB one more time while Brady is still Brady. In his perverted dream scenario he wants to beat the crap out of the Panthers if undefeated.

The final motivator for all of us is for the score at half time to be KC 3, Browns 23, and the Ravens ahead of the Steelers. People will be watching the scoreboard and rock the place down on the last few minutes if either team looses. Not the time to leave the stadium early I say.

Go Jets

FlaJet, Axel3419 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Agreed. Sticks out like a sore thumb.

8. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Part of that is our 'swarm to the ball' mentality. When our DBs see a RB taking off towards the sideline, they drop their man and go in for the kill.

Ooops. Half back option to a wide open receiver.

Those plays are not 'flukes'. Other teams see Todd's aggressive defense and design plays to exploit it, so not sure what Bowles can do going forward.

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I think we're not gonna see the same game we saw the first time around. This one is gonna be much more competitive and I have this feeling the Jets will come out on top this time. These Jets have come a long way from the first game. I hope the NEP's think otherwise.

10. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Yes! - I feel pretty good about this game.

I know everyone thinks BB is fixated on us and wants to stick it to us in any way.
    I believe we fans are way more fixated on this and in truth BB couldn't give a rats ass about us.

He is focused on one thing - winning championships. If the players that are banged up and we start pounding them hard, there will be certain players that will not see the field as much later on. He is way more interested in the long run and will not sacrifice a playoff run for a week 16 win.
    I am not saying he will sit anyone, but if we "punch them in the face" so to speak early on it will have an impact.

They already accomplished the major goal of getting the bye in first round.

ajax, Cman68 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  11. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

They are playing this game all out and won't sit anyone, even if we "punch" certain players "in the face." The Pats will be all-in for this game and will play with every bit as much intensity and determination that we do. You can quote me later on.

LIJetsFan likes this.
  12. PabloJa

PabloJa Well-Known Member

#112 PabloJa, Dec 21, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  13. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

14. NYJETS4life24

NYJETS4life24 Active Member

Most of them come in anyways and watch film

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I didn't even really give a shit about this article until I read "Belichick said via a transcript distributed by the team."

Hahaaa, there's my favorite ivory tower dickbag.

It was like the cunts at PFT were receiving a perfume-smelling paper airplane from Rapunsel amid a cloud of rose petals, delivering a letter of hole for the little people. They really tried to wax poetic about some press release from a guy that hates the press.

My only hope is that both Belichick and that PFT fag die of the same venereal disease.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  16. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Why isn't there a Quilt for people who died of syphilis?

_

17. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

OMG Ivory down the middle? Every time I sawthat I questioned whether Chan thought he was coaching HS PSAL

Gaily = bipolar genius/idiot

FlaJet likes this.
  18. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

Really hope Harris plays I think we'll have a legitimate shot. It would also help alot if we can get anything from Chris Ivory he's been inconsistent.
    Not sure if it's the injuries or conditioning but if he's getting stuffed at the line early we need a heavy dose of Bilal Powell who I think should get 40-50% of the snaps or more depending on game flow.

19. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

+100

He did it last year he will do it this year

Jets are going all out and Belihcheater wont get suckered into a slugfest like OBJ did with JNorman

We can play from behind now so IMO once NE has say a 10-14 point lead on us they start restin their players

If backups are in we catch up and win the game

20. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

steelers not losing to Ravens or Browns tbh..