CAN'T WAIT- Week 16: The New England Patriots at the New York Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JStokes, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Wait, Devin McCourty is out? Why have I not even seen that? He's a top 3 free safety in the league. Paired with no Chung that's a huge problem.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I am never afraid of the Patriots, because I know they are beatable, but I know this will be a tough one. The Patriots will do whatever they can to keep the Jets out of the playoffs. If you look at the AFC, who can beat the Patriots? Broncos? Nope. Bengals? Nope. Chiefs? Nope. Texans? Nope. I think the only 2 teams who could go into New England and beat them are the Steelers and Jets. So if you are Belichick, try to eliminate one before the playoffs even begin.

3. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I agree TDK, Just the Steelers and Jets

The Dark Knight likes this.
  4. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Aside from Week 1, the Bills and Titans (believe it or not) were definitely the loudest of the season IMO. Stadium was LOUD as hell on 3rd downs for the Titans game - probably had to do with the importance of beating them up and the turnout due to the awesome weather.

I'm expecting the same for Sunday. I plan to be in the lot early enough where I can be in my seats well before introductions. We need to be loud ALL game. If we are fortunate enough to take the lead early and hang onto it going into the Half... man, those 3rd and 4th quarters are going to be special.

dawinner127 likes this.
  5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Dude the broncos just beat the Patriots like a few weeks ago.

The Chiefs beat a better Pats team by like 35 last season.

Meanwhile the Jets and Steelers lose to them every time they play

BeastBeach and The Dark Knight like this.
  6. The Dark Knight

The Broncos beat the Patriots at home and are a completely different team now. Trending way down. The Patriots would crush them in a re-match. The Patriots would crush the Chiefs too. Big Ben and that Steelers offense can keep up with the Patriots. I feel the Jets match-up well too and are not afraid of the Pats.

Cman68 and matt robinson 17 like this.
  7. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

I'd say our chances are 50/50

8. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Bunch of sad sacks in here. We're gonna win. Why is this even a question? Fuck tha pats.

9. EmbraceTheHate

EmbraceTheHate Active Member

I actually agree. I am shocked line is Pats -3 given in NY and all the injuries Patriots are dealing with. Combined with the fact that its a much bigger game from Jets' perspective, and I think the Jets win this one moderately comfortably.

10. Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous Well-Known Member

I was at that game. Best atmosphere I've experienced at a home Jets game. I was also at the Texans game that year when a third of the stadium left. When we came back to win, it was beyond euphoric. Jumping and hugging total strangers.

Jets fans need to step it up. If the crowd is electric the whole game like it was in the 2010 Pats game we will have a nice edge. Unfortunately we rarely get those crowds in our bland overpriced stadium. But this week should be an exception. A touchdown on our first drive would be amazing. Or a couple Brady sacks.

We really should win this game considering our team health and hot streak, while the Pats are 2-2 in their last four and severely decimated on offense.

RexontheBeach likes this.
  11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Philadelphia did it this year up in NE

SMH the Eagles beat us and the Pats lol

It could be argued the pacheats are downsloping for sure

12. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Jets win by 9.

13. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

The Steelers I think are the hottest team in football right now along with the Panthers. Past losses to NE don't mean much. I agree on that.

But I don't know why you're so sure the Chiefs would be sure to lose. They are almost as hot as Pitt (imo scoring only 10 against SD was not that impressive even if it was enough to win - other than that KC is arguably even hotter than Pitt). What, you see that as a matchup problem for KC?

I also don't write the Bengals off, either. I just don't think McCarron is all that huge a drop off from Dalton.

14. The Dark Knight

Hey, I hope I am wrong. I would love for either of them to defeat the Patriots. I just don't see it at the moment.

15. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

This game is larger than life! I know there are scenarios where the Jets can split the last 2 games and get in, but that relies entirely too much on other teams. This game is one of the toughest of the year, I'm just glad this round is at home. To be the best, you need to beat the best, so it's no coincidence that one of the best teams in the league stands in the Jets' way.

The Patriots haven't exactly been themselves since they lost Edelman, which means all the Jets need to do is shut down Gronk, keep the pressure on Brady, and limit TOs. Admittedly this is no easy task. The Calvin Pryor injury in the last game killed us, he was doing very well keeping him locked down, but as soon as he left, the whole dynamic changed. With a full healthy secondary, there is no doubt in my mind that this game will be a close one down the stretch. Winnable, for sure. I don't think the Jets have beaten any good teams this year, so this is a must win if they are thinking of actually winning playoff games.

Hey if the Eagles can beat em, the Jets can. They just need to keep it clean and avoid costly mistakes (SPECIAL TEAMS I'M TALKING TO YOU!)

#195 Sam Hammer, Dec 23, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
  16. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

chance to go 4-2 in the division... not too bad... really had both of those losses in our reach but i'm not gonna pout about not sweeping the dividion.. we're a good football team and regardless if we make it to the playoffs or not , we know we have something to build on and look forward to in the future.

17. NYJetsO12

Hey before I forget MERRY XMAS TGG

Got my red onfor work today

Green pants red sweater yesterday lol

18. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I am not pouting about that. My only point is once again we see application of the general rule that if you don't have a winning record in your division, it is very difficult to make the playoffs.

19. NYJetsO12

Talking Heads on Bleacher Report consensus already saying that the Pats "should take of business " on Sunday . No mention of all the injuries on NE or -3 line on game.

Get ready for Faulk and Kurt Warner hopping on the bandwagon this Sunday.

Same shit different day with the heroes parade of votes for cheaters

20. Chadchrebet

Chadchrebet Well-Known Member

We haven't done a reverse, flea flicker, HB option all season. Let's go!

All Gas No Shake likes this.