Can't wait for Rex to be fired

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tomdeb, Aug 20, 2013.

1. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

The 98 team is still my favorite Jets team of all-time, and the second half of the AFC Championship game loss @Denver still serves as my most crushing experience as a sports fan.

#301 slimjasi, Aug 22, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  2. Joewillie78

Joewillie78 Banned

WOW, did I hit a nerve "pretty fucking stupid" Is quite strong dont you think? PARCELLS simply proved with the JETS like many other teams he turned around that he is the best coach,(HALL OF FAMER OBVIOUSLY) at taken any kind of talent, even mediocre like when he took over the JETS and turning them into SB CONTENDERS.

PARCELLS greatest attribute wsa getting every ounce of talent, even if their wasnt much, out of every player he coached. ASK most of his former players what they thought of him, and most will say, "I HATED THE GUY, but I would play mu guts out for him". He was simply the best COACH i have ever seen at taking moderate talent and getting all-world production out of. HE WAS by far the BEST COACH the JETS have ever had! PERIOD!

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Check out the ALL CAPS. I'm pretty sure that I'm the one that hit the nerve.

And you are still failing miserably at arguing that the 96 team wasn't a very talented roster.

I'm shocked, really. Fail on. Fail on, you rebel.

4. Joewillie78

Joewillie78 Banned

Uh, OK I guess!

5. abyzmul

You bet it's OK, little guy.

6. Joewillie78

Joewillie78 Banned

WOW, dont you take winning these discussions a bit too seriously? I said OK, and you post this. Is it that important that you are right and others like myself are wrong?

7. slimjasi

I have been forced to reflect on the dark entity that was the 1996 New York Jets.

Disgust.

8. Rex Must Go

Rex Must Go New Member

They won Super Bowls. Ewbank won the two greatest championship games of all time for two different teams in two different leagues. Rex has won squat.

9. slimjasi

These discussions are always tricky because one never knows what a team could have accomplished with the right coach. Coaching is of paramount importance in the NFL. Take the least talented team you have ever seen. And then give them a motivated Parcells. How many more wins does he get them? Who knows? What buttons does he push? What gems does he find and motivate on the bench to play above their heads?

10. Rex Must Go

Rex Must Go New Member

Teams aren't hiring defensive coaches as HCs. Ask Lovey Smith.

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

You are bad at this.

12. slimjasi

Parcells was tremendous at getting the most out of his teams . . .

Also, you seem to be capitalizing words at random.

13. abyzmul

Intelligent football debate is important, but it seems a foreign concept to you.

Another thing that is important is taking people who have no point on an NFL forum - but to try to ridicule people about one sentence from their post and jump around to different threads posting that one sentence to try to get people to pile onto the person they disagree with - and stuffing the ego of that person into a virtual gasoline-soaked shoe box, lighting it on fire and kicking it into an open manhole.

Little guy.

14. Joewillie78

Joewillie78 Banned

One cannot be good at everything, right?

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I guess not.

16. Joewillie78

Joewillie78 Banned

So, I guess what you are implying is that if I or anyone else states something ridiculous, that they cant be held accountable for that! OK, I get it now. I will try not to make ridiculous comments a big deal in the future! OK?

17. abyzmul

I'm stating that if you or anyone makes a post and some brainless dumbass with no real grasp on the game or how to debate it on a message board decides to take one sentence from your post that they admittedly cannot respond to and run around the board like Andy Dick on acid trying to use that one sentence to get people to come to their rescue, that they should be treated as such. Like brainless dumbasses.

Little guy.

18. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

"You cannot win the Kentucky Derby ON A DONKEY."

19. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

It has been said many times by others within the game that Rex is well respected by his peers. Even old Bill up in NE holds Rex in high esteem, which is why he sat Welker for his remarks.

20. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Very well - That Cowboy team had solid group of players - but also featured ticking time bomb in T.O. I don't know if I would want to venture that area even if my life depended on it. And he failed miserably to get him to buy the system. AND T.O. was supposed to be one of the core pieces in the talent group of that team, right?

And... as for the Dolphins, probably I stretched a bit. He was not the HC there indeed.