Can we please stop with the "We lost this game" stuff

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Barry the Baptist, Oct 4, 2009.

1. southsidejet

southsidejet Member

I was out seeing the Pixies so didn't see the game. I wasn't expecting a win this week in fact didn't dare dream we'd be in the shape we are. Just read the box score and saw some brief highlights. Sanchez was under real pressure and made rookie mistakes expected. Hiwever we held a hot offense to 10 points with Brees and Bush not being uch of a factor. Jets D is real so a-men to that. I'll find me a torrent and watch and then may post some more.

I'm happy with what we've got right now

2. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Hmm

I thought the Jets D outplayed the Saints O but it was the Jets O that hurt the team in the end and let a solid D take advantage of their mistakes and like any good D does capitalize on them for pts. Brees was very ordinary and talks have to stop about him being the best QB of this year because Peyton is much better. We shoulden't have let Pierre Thomas run at will like that and to have Shockey catching passes and makin gestures like this.

That Saints D is loaded though. Gregg Williams really deserves more credit, its his 1st year as coordinator and he has these kids believing. Sharper, Grant, Smith, Vilma, these guys were coming to play and were abusing the Jets O-Line. Saints fans should be damn proud that they have a D that will rip you apart.

3. SaintsD-FTW

SaintsD-FTW New Member

Guys i came here not to brag but to tell you great game and that you guys have one heck of a team. Thank God i dont have to see that defense again (well until the SB :)). You made our top ranked offense look stupid out there. Thank heavens for our D (which the media always underestimates).

Im a huge Jets fan and am glad i can go back to cheering for your team. I love Rex and that amazing D, very fun to watch. When you almost made media darling Tom Brady cry i was jumping up and down in my den :). Good luck to you for the rest of the year !
    Kick the Atlants Falclowns ass and the rest of the NFC South, we will be glad to return the favor by downing the Patriots.

4. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Yup ATL comes to NY for that game. We need to punish Ryan and prevent The Burner Turner from doing damage.

Take out Miami though as well, anytime they lose its a good day for me so.... :up:

5. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Good luck to you guys as well... I have a soft spot for the Saints so I'll be pulling for you guys the rest of the season. I hope it doesn't seem like alot of fans are dogging you guys because I think many people here feel we gave the game away. I think just the opposite. You guys beat us by forcing us to make mistakes. I for one have a new found respect for the Saints and their D. I had no idea how good they were... if you guys can stay healthy I honestly think seeing the Saints in the SB isn't unrealistic. I hope you guys get the Vikes and stick it to Burt as well....

6. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

Congrats to the Saints . Both D's played great but their's won the turnover battle which was the difference in the game. I though the jets O opend up with the right approach quick hitters , slants , misdierction etc... When they went away from that the Saints D schooled our rookie QB and offense in general.

Oh well , at least its a non-confernece loss.

7. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Our defense is the real fucking deal. minus a win, that's enough for me to take away from this game.

8. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

like an old man once said to me " Hey kid can't win them all"

9. retthib

retthib New Member

I appreciate all your posts. Very level headed. And I agree that I am glad we wont have to face another D like you guys for a while.

As I mentioned, you guys have alot to be excited about. Think about this, we have been building this Saints team for 4 years. You guys are in the infant stages of yalls team. The defense is amazing and I think you guys can concentrate through the draft and FA on offense and yall will be contenders for years to come.

Edit: But I will add that I thought the low block by Sanchez on Vilma's knees was Busch league. That could ruin a guys career. Luckily Vilma saw it coming and got hit more around his chins and ankles. Hopefully Sanchez will earn from that so retaliation of some sort doesnt happen.

#29 retthib, Oct 4, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  10. MarionBarber31

MarionBarber31 New Member

Thanks for a sane thread.

11. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Great thread. It was inevitable that Sanchez would have a few rookie moments and in this game, those rookie mistakes led to 14 quick points and put us in a deep hole. Of course, you've got to give the Saints and their crowd credit as well.

I was, however, greatly impressed with the way Sanchez and the Jets offense steadied themselves, with a lot of help from the D. They got back in the game and those two picks at the end were more a product of Sanchez trying to make a play than bad decision-making. His resiliency makes me believe that Sanchez will learn from this and not lose his confidence.

I say we flush that turd down the toilet, work hard to get better, and get ready for next week.

12. YankeeRacers

YankeeRacers Member

I think the Saints are who we thought they were. Now we didn't play them in the preseason, but you know they were who we thought they were. Now I guess if you guys want to crown them, well then go ahead and crown their ass. I mean I know I'm reiterating here, but they are who we they thought they were. I think we just let them off the hook.

13. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I agree 100%... this is the 2nd time he's done it. This may work at USC but in the NFL payback is a bitch. The thing that bothers me is Favre caught alot of slack for doing it and Sanchez needs to be taught this is unacceptable. This is like something out of the Mike Shanahan playback and it's a cheap shot. I just hope this isn't something that becomes a treand otherwise they'll be a whole new meaning behind the nickname "Dirty" (which I don't use BTW)

14. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

Me too, despite the fact that i said before the game, Gregg Williams was what scared me the most about this matchup. But that's a good team. Sanchez put us in a bad spot, we stayed with them for a WHILE, but they made the plays in the end.

15. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Agree with you and the OP. I actually would like to see the Saints be the team representing the NFC this year as well.

16. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

agreed....we lost end of dicussion...the refs sucked threads are terrible...they werent terrible...did they miss a couple of calls? sure...but lets not say we lost because of them...

we lost because our offensive line didnt execute and the saints had a solid defensive gameplan heading into the game and executed it...

sharper is a good player and its shown.

people can say oh sanchez blew the game...and while he may have made a couple of bad plays the bottom line is the jets once again did not effectively run the ball..this team is not built to pass...its built to run and the offensive line and our RB's just aren't getting the job done.

i think our defense played an absolutely fantastic game and did a great job.

but the offensive line and the RB's need to get it together.

Kudos to the Saints for a job well done

17. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Well this was a fun game to watch. The Jets Oline and Sanchez failed tonight. Shit happens, the Saints D was very good and took advantage of an assload of mistakes.

This is the first game where Sanchez couldn't do a thing and really looked like a rookie. Couple that with odd play calling and the Saints D is better than I thought, bingo the Jets lose.

The Jets D was pretty much awesome. Revis and Harris are fucking fantastic. The D is going to take this team places. They held the Saints to 10 points that is freaking fantastic. What is not too be happy about there.

The only thing I was really disappointed about was the Oline. They talk like the D but played horrible. They should shut their pieholes they gave the Rookie back there zero help.

I do not know what happened with the board prior but if people are ready to jump off the bridge as a result of this game, let them. I am a big believer of Darwinism.

18. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

BTW the refs missed some calls but were not at all the reason why the Jets lost. Whoever says that was watching a different game than I.

19. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

I disagree with the OP. The Saints did not beat us today. We beat ourselves.

This does not mean I am ready to jump off a bridge. It is simply accepting the fact that aside from our very promising rookie QB's rookie mistakes and BS's BS playcalling, we are headed into overtime instead of losing 24-10. The Saints are no doubt headed deep into the postseason, but they did not overpower us by any means.

20. k311

k311 Member

refs definitely missed a number of critical calls but we lost our own game