Can a QB Coach Develop Tebow

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Jeti, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

There have also been people that got less chances to start than he did. Did all them get screwed too? At some point when evaluating talent, a coach or GM has to see enough to warrant giving you more starts or another couple of years. We can't give EVERY young quarterback who MIGHT have potential three, four, five years.

After a year or two, every player is examined, and a coach will determine if they seen enough, if they progressed enough, and do they think said player is their best option. answer seems to be"No" on Tebow, and that seems to be happening a lot.

Either they simply don't like the kid, or they see plenty wrong with him and think he's probably too much work. Might be hard to believe, but these guys have 52 other guys to manage on the team as well as many other things. There is a lot they have to do without worrying about extra work on a guy who "might" be good, or "might" be a waste of a roster spot. It would be nice if Tebow's career development was all anyone should be concerned about.

2. TTTTebowAndTheJets

Tebow sucks as a Traditional drop back passer. The argument I make is that he doesn't need to be a traditional drop back passer to be successful. But its a risk so I'm not shocked that no one wants to take it for an unknown reward... just bummed about it. I think he could be successful. There's a good chance other's in the league believe he could as well... it just may not be worth the risk of having to build around him. Its more complex than just saying... he sucks and thats why no one wants him. He's a different animal all together. Which is why he is so freakin polarizing.

3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Perhaps he can find a place as a dropkicker.

4. Concerned_Citizen

Well, he sucks by Today's NFL standards with the way it is played right now. He might have succeeded a generation ago, or who knows what the league will look like 10-15 years from now. But teams certainly aren't eyeballing him as a potential suiter to their QB woes right now.

I'd agree with you if the league was different that he "could" succeed. Ain't gonna happen in the current climate though.

5. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

I think he could succeed but if you were a GM or coach why would you stake your career on a sub 50% passer?:eek:hmy:

6. JFjets

JFjets New Member

Please name a single one who had his college accomplishments, his win % in first 16 starts, a division title, and a playoff win that got less chances to start than Tebow did. I'll be waiting for your answer. This should be good.

7. Concerned_Citizen

Yeah, we know college success always transfers over to the NFL, doesn't it?

Guessing there probably would have been more of them if they had a team carry them to the finish line too.

Must be nice to have a defense making it so you only need about 13 points to win all the time, huh.

The planets aligned for this kid, and you're gonna sit there and tell me that it all means he is OWED a career?

8. TTTTebowAndTheJets

ignore the college accolades... answer the question for what he's done in the pros?

9. JetsDfc

JetsDfc New Member

A good middle point would be to argue that Tim Tebow cannot play QB at the NFL level consistently.

He played at a bad/terrible lvl MOST of the 55 minutes, but then at LEAST very above average the last 5.

Arguing that sucking 55 and doing great 5 mins, doesn't mean your worthy is a good point. Saying he is incapable of playing at a high lvl isnt. He showed it in flashes consistently.

Question for you, would you take him as your qb IF (all prevent defense arguments aside) the number changes to 30 mins bad, 30 mins baby-Jesus mode?

What about 30 mins average 30 mins baby-Jesus mode?

P.s Baby-Jesus mode is just funnier then saying tebow time.

10. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

If not for incessant media coverage he would be at the very least quietly developing behind a Griffin, Newton , Wilson , Kaepermick run / pass QB

It's a shame

11. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

He had the highest 4th quarter QBR of any QB last year , he really does improve when everything is at stake , of course you take a 30 /30 split , heck I'm arguing it's worth it to develop him as is now .

12. JFjets

JFjets New Member

lol, you are so predictable, you make a claim and when challenged to back it up....crickets.

13. JetsDfc

JetsDfc New Member

That was for CC not you Cowboysfan lol.

It looks like im not the only one who has figured out that putting CC on the spot by directly asking him questions nails him :p.

He deflects points a lot or conveniently addresses everything, but what he can't refute.

His lack of responses make him look bad every time.

14. JetsDfc

JetsDfc New Member

Inb4 he makes an exception to his behavior and argues that, that doesn't happen.

15. TTTTebowAndTheJets

yeh... still hasn't answered the question.

16. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Couldn't answer the question I see

17. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

Yeah, Heismann Award winner, Charlie Ward, was a HUGE success in he NFL!!
    Tho' he chose roundball as a career, a major factor in his decision was the lack of interest by the NFL.
    College success doesn't always translate to NFL success.

18. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Can't seem to answer that difficult second part I see.

19. TTTTebowAndTheJets

Remove his college success from the equation...answer the second part:

"Please name a single one who had his win % in first 16 starts, a division title, and a playoff win that got less chances to start than Tebow did"

The answer is NO ONE...

20. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

...then why is he not WANTED by any of the 32!!??