Calling out all McCareins haters.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by gustoonarmy, Jul 12, 2007.

1. RedWhiteBlue&Green

RedWhiteBlue&Green Active Member

JMac sucked this game. But considering the fact that the guy had a great training camp, Mangini will probably have Chad get him the ball early in the game against the Dolphins. If he drops another one in the next game, I think he'll lose his job as #3.

2. gmfidelity

gmfidelity New Member

so your defending the point that 1 season 3 years ago he had a decent season. Well i guess last i checked the NFL has been the "what have you done for me lately" league and if you havent done jack in 3 years your time is up

3. ErieJets

ErieJets New Member

I, for one, was one of the guys who was ripping McCareins right away.
    But I do agree with Mangini that one play didn't determine the outcome of that game.

4. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

youre right...it was two plays...both were sure touchdowns dropped by JSlack...

5. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

I don't hate J Mac. I just hate that he dropped a lot of crucial passes.

6. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

See, this is how I look at it. I believe in second chances. Third chances. Sometimes even fourth chances. Every receiver, even the elite, botch plays. But here's where it takes a different turn. Twice? This was his moment to prove himself in a way that counted. Twice.

I'm sure McCareins feels horrid about it, but I'm not gonna sit here and pretend I didn't want to kick his teeth down his throat. Now I realize that being a WR involves other things besides catching the football, but if I mince the point is lost. His job is to catch the mothafuggin' ball. He gets paid to catch the muthafuggin' ball. His job description, primarily, is to catch the muthafuggin' ball. So catch the muthafuggin' ball. That's what it boils down to.

7. GreenScreen313

GreenScreen313 New Member

so he was supposed to catch the ball

8. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

He needed to make that catch. He has to make that catch.

<-------But he didn't.

TBTF

9. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

theres nothing to read...he cost us a potential win due to stone hand syndrome...

hes a bum and you cant argue that

10. Gator

Gator Active Member

They were two tough chances. Even the first one. It was a little high. Lets be fair. However, he is at football practice every day and he does play RECEIVER, so he's gotta make those. That's his job. Plain and simple. He let the whole team down. Both times the ball went right through his hands. Inexcusable in that spot the way the team played the fourth quarter.

As far as the Coles one, I watched it a few times in slo mo and the ball appears to start dropping faster just as it reaches him. Coles tries to tip it up to his body and then get it in his breadbasket while rolling. He does, but at the point when he has to grab it he bobbles it and it rolls off him. I think we are all shocked because Coles has such great hands and we expect him to catch everything. If he caught it, we wouldn't have thought twice how hard it was, because we were expecting him to catch it.

Damn shame the way that one ended, but we're used to it and we gotta get back up and thrash the Aquatic Mammals.

11. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

'04 he was very good fo us, '05 he stuggled but so did everyone else, '06 he was very valuable after he adjusted to hisnew role and this year he'll be very valuable despite the struggles on Sunday.