Calling out all McCareins haters.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by gustoonarmy, Jul 12, 2007.

1. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Cut him & bring back Juan Wong!!!

2. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

gus, you need to rethink this stance after today. :up:

3. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

you can't coach hands.

4. KyleBradyoverSapp

KyleBradyoverSapp New Member

He doesn't attack the ball

5. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

[​IMG]

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

He cost us a tie late but he didn't lose the game for us. as great as KC was in the 4th he was equally as brutal for 3 qtrs and that is really what cost us the game.

7. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

You do have a point about the first 3 quarters but we were still in a position to tie that game in the 4th... he was hit in the hands twice for what should have been TD's... the game lies solely at his feet

8. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Oh I see the hindsight club has had its latest meeting then.

JMac had a bad game , that does not make him instantly bad. They were woefull drops at an awfull time.

Alot of the plays that JMac has seem to be of the long streaking variety which requires a good understanding and timing with the QB. It will come.
    Whereas LC and Cotch's are often in traffic on short to mid range which still require timing and concentration but I would argue not as much as having to go get open and be able to make the catch

Hey Nick Mangold had one less reception than JMac but that doesn't make him a WR.
    Who knows , next week Jmac will be the hero and the hindsight club will be down to whispers again.

9. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

How is it "hindsight" when you called out JMac "haters" before the season. We said he sucked before the season and then he proved it yesterday.

10. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

It would be hindsight if it was one game... JCrap has done nothing in 4 years... time to go

11. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

He didn't suck when he was a Titan but thats history just like all the previous seasons. We're 2 games in , lots of players are under performing , but Jmac is top of the pile , that your opinion.

I would like to add more , but theres a pub with my name on it.
    Toon Toon Black and white army!!!

12. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

You're right, the fact that he had a bad game doesn't make him instantly bad. He's always been bad and the game yesterday was merely a symptom of that badness.

13. gmfidelity

gmfidelity New Member

The fact is we brought in a big receiver who was suppost to be able to make those plays. He didnt and hasnt since he arrived. His time, if not yet, will be up soon. You only get so many chances to make a play before some1 else comes and does it (i.e. Stuckey when he returns)

14. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

At TC in '06, I stayed late a couple of times. Who was out on the field ater the practices but McCareins, having one of the coaches throw him "sideways" passes. He'd run across in front of the passer from left to right and catch it from that side, then turn and do the same thing the other way. It looked like such good practice I wound up doing it with my grandson and he still likes me to have him practice "sideways catches," as we call them. McCareins was also the lead sprinter that summer... really poured it on and got himself in excellent shape.

Ironically, that first missed pass looked to me like a "sideways catch." So, he had to have known over a year ago that he needed some sort of extra work on his sideways catching, it's just too bad all that practice didn't pay off.

Seriously, and I've felt this for most of last season... that I think he's one of those players that practices very well and looks like he's really going to contribute. Then the pressure is on and he finds a way to blow it.

It had been rumored in August that there might have been some interested in him around the league. I only wiht we had taken whatever we could get for him at the time. Of course, we didn't know what we had in Jackson and especially Stuckey at that time either. Had we been in a position to have traded him for a future pick, that would have been the way to go.

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Hindsight only comes into this because we can look back on every season but 03 and see J-Mac doing exactly the same thing. Whoa! Justin is on fire in preseason! Stop the presses! And then he will make about 5 skillful plays during the season and that's it. It will not 'come' because it never comes. McCareins has had his chance. Quite a few, actually.

#95 abyzmul, Sep 17, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2007
  16. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

i believe this might be the best response in the thread...maybe on the entire site.

17. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

You're trying WAY too hard....

18. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

hasn't since he arrived? w/o him we don't make the playoffs in 2004 as he was our best WR in 2004 nd came up w/ a ton of big recs for us.

19. GriffDog

GriffDog Member

I was so glad to see him lose the game for us..catch the ball asshole..

20. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

I wish they would have tried to run it! Justin pretty much screwed the pooch right there. no trade value , no chance of being on this team next year. We may have let go of someone who would have made those catches to keep the roster spot for him. Its happens and it always seems to happen to us!