Cablevision vs. FOX

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LeonNYJ, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

They come to my house, they're always polite but they always show up at the worst time, like when I'm putting my kids to bed and they get the dog going. I always tell them the same thing, DirecTV has the NFL package and stop coming here at fucked up times.

2. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Their timing is unreal. I'm apt. living in Hoboken at the moment so I don't get visits from them but that's borderline harassing.

3. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

We switched to FIOS and then back to Cablevision. Let me tell you, Verizon hounded us just like you all say with Cablevision. Maybe not in person, but they called the house at least twice a day trying to get us to switch back. Sending us at least one or two letters in the mail per week. Kept sending us a bill that we didn't owe anything on for months. It was awful.

4. RapZiLLa54

RapZiLLa54 New Member

I'm making the move to directv, I'm hoping for the best.

5. Italian Seafood

I've had it since 2002, no complaints. NFL Sundays are the best, no more hoping the networks give you the game you want or figuring out silly market blackout rules.

6. GridIron

GridIron New Member

I might be doing the same

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Yeah, but isn't sunday ticket costing you $400 a year? All the cable companies will have it after 2011 anyway.

8. Italian Seafood

I don't think it's that much, it's broken out over a few months and I might have a grandfathereed rate. Last year it was more but this year they dropped the extra package, which I had, and rolled it all into one. I even go to the home games and still find it worthwhile, I love NFL Sundays.

9. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

It's times like this that I love having season tickets.

All though, this is the only time I can remember a time like this. lol

10. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

The ticket sounds like it would be nice but truth be told all I'd need is NFL Red Zone. When the Jets game isn't on, that channel is like God's gift to NFL fans and its a steal at $50 a year.

11. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

That's a close call. You may end up flipping a coin.

12. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Unless you are like me and sharing it with 6 people

13. The Mak

The Mak New Member

Not the antenna, you still need that. I was talking about the tuner. And in fact, I'm gonna walk back my previous post a bit.

When HDTV was still getting its feet wet in the market you couldn't pull in signal from the air regardless of which antenna you hooked into it without a digital tuner box that usually ran you 250 bucks and up. The tuner was up-converting the analog broadcast signal to digital.

These days that point is moot as all broadcast stations air in digital. All you need to pull down the signal is a digital antenna.

14. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Oh ok. The way you phrased it I thought you meant most HDTV sets had built in digital antennae and tuners.

15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

FOX's only chance of winning this is if the Yankees make it to the world series. It might not even help them then. Otherwise they will find out in a hurry how intense the anger of their sponsors can be.

16. RapZiLLa54

RapZiLLa54 New Member

Cost $319 but over the course of 5 months which isn't too shabby.

Without Fios in my area and rumors that it could take them up to 7 years to reach an agreement in the town of brookhaven I'm cool with my 2 year subscription. Very curious if the HD picture is better than iOs if it is I'll be estatic.

But what does suck is I ordered it last night but then can't come till Monday..... So I won't have it this weekend and Im going to the Jets/Pack game so I won't even get to experience it then either lol.

#76 RapZiLLa54, Oct 21, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  17. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I've read the posts knocking Cablevision or praising Verizon. And in my job I have dealings with cable companies in various parts of the country. Generally things improve when the phone company competes head on with the cable franchise, just like Adam Smith would have guessed. Generally at work I find the phone companies preferable to deal with.

But when we moved about four years ago, having had Verizon at the old house, we initially hooked up with them again and noticed that the phones had all this noise on the lines. We called to complain and they said that if they sent someone out and the problem was inside the house, we would have to pay to have it fixed, with no estimate of what that would cost.

So the wife called Cablevision, who came out no problem fixed the phone lines at no charge, and yes it was inside the house. We have had mostly great service from them ever since, getting cable, phone and internet. We did have an issue with internet service, but it got fixed. I like how when people call and you're watching tv it comes up on the screen.

Here's the best part - when we cancelled service with Verizon, someone called back and asked why. My wife told them about the bit with charging us to fix the phone lines, and they said "Yeah but you didn't tell us you were thinking of going with Cablevision!"

Unbelievable.

18. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

nah, it's their bottom line now. They're not making nearly enough to cover their expenses, so they're trying to make up the difference by dramatically increasing carriage fees.

It's just bizarre that their main station can be part of the dispute, when it's a free over the air station.

19. Sanchez2KellerFTW

what are the chances this is resolved by Sunday?

20. Italian Seafood

[youtube]22XqBLDDrU4[/youtube]