Burress

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #28Martin, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Pluvrr

Pluvrr Active Member

who is linda evans?????

2. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Shhhhh it really didn't. Especially, not to people that like to laugh.

3. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Plaxico reportedly said he didn't know who Bloomberg was before his arrest. Cut this bumb! /francesa

4. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

So what Fatty is saying is that Plax thinks of Bloomy like Fatty thinks about his own callers.

5. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

Plax has a shot at having a big year. Too soon?

6. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

^Actually considering how many times that joke has been made, I'd say you're way too late.

7. NJjets1981

NJjets1981 New Member

I read this post and laughed and laughed. We shouldn't drive a guy this entertaining off the site.

8. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I don't know, I doubt I'm the only one who thinks that despite his appearance on Real Sports along with his sprained ankle, had the Pats been the team to sign him it'd be written up everywhere as a brilliant move.

9. colleen74

colleen74 Member

Of course it would. Everything they do is brilliant and part of a grand master plan.

10. LogeSection2RowJ

Class of the NFL despite illegally videotaping opponents practices, stealing sideline signals, etc etc...

This is pumping me up for the season though, and whatever anger I feel over how the Pats are treated by the scribes as opposed to us, I still feel joy that finally FINALLY, f*cking FINALLY the Dolphins aren't picked ahead of us this year by anyone. Talk about a perennially over-rated team. If they didn't have so many obvious question marks, along with the shortened preseason someone would still be picking them to finish 2nd in the AFC East. No matter what happens this year they will be next year.

11. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Belichick can shoot and kill Tom Brady with a shotgun and the media will find a way to spin it as a genius plan.

12. FriendlyGiantsFan

FriendlyGiantsFan New Member

If memory serves, Plax has had issues with both ankles with the Giants. During the Super Bowl run it was his left ankle and during his final season it was his right. The guy gets dinged up, doesn't often practice, but shows up on gameday. Of course, this is when he was younger and in football shape; it will be interesting to see if he still has enough God-Given talent to get by that way.

13. LogeSection2RowJ

True. He's tall, he has good hands, and he was a big reason the Giants won a Super Bowl. He's also a big reason they didn't get to try to repeat. We are rolling the dice that he's a major factor this season having not played for two years. We can't expect it but we can hope for it.

I liked the signing a lot, provided that the Jets had no interest in bringing back Braylon Edwards. I would have preferred Edwards over Plax. I like it even less now that Cotchery is gone. Cotch should have realized Plax could miss time this season, returning him back to #2 status.

14. Massena

Massena New Member

I hear you 28Martin. Your posts seem fine to me. They are not of the Homer, say nothing bad about the JETS type. The jury on Burress has been out in my mind since the signing. However, I have noticed that there are many here who are fine with buying a pig in a poke, not that I think Burress is a pig, just using an old saying for buying that the value of which is unknown. That Burress has not practiced or played in a preseason game tell us what? Not much. Yes he was great prior to shooting himself in the leg, (no kudos for brains), but I note that other receivers who were great two to three years ago are now viewed as over the hill or have retired.

We know diddley about Burress except his history and anyone who says otherwise is making their statements based on what? His performance last year? The year before? We are paying this guy $3 Mill a year guaranteed. I hope he comes out gang busters like Moss did for the PATS after sitting out most of the preseason in 2007 but until he gets on the field those saying he'll be fine or great are whistling past the grave yard, indulging in wishful thinking.

15. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

In this thread:

28 Martin's other account.

16. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My felon............

#216 bojanglesman, Aug 21, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2011