Broncos CB Hill believes he was on wrong end of penalty call

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nycztonee, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

Did we luck out? kinda but not really. Even with the contact past 5 yards while running the route and the early entanglement followed up by a 15 yd face mask penalty, all while our guy is trying to catch the ball, Holmes still almost came down with it.

It was about time a call went our way anyway, JETS win fair and square.

2. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

I agree that a 15 yard penalty is a more reasonable infraction, but if they did that DBs would mug receivers on any pass over 20. It is a tough call. Maybe make different varieties where incidental is 15 and flagrant is the full distance. Either way it will be controversial. They should also allow reviews on these plays. They are often game changers.

3. TWDC

TWDC New Member

Dudes an idiot. Watching replays should have shown him that Holmes had 2 hands on the ball and it isn't at all difficult to argue that he would have made the catch had there not been a few fingers pullin on his facemask.

4. rex-N-effects

rex-N-effects New Member

I'm so sick of this. how come when the bears were 3-0 they didn't say they got a gift from the refs when megatron had the catch? or the fact that the DT TD wasn't really a TD at all, or the 5-6 big penalties we got that weren't really penalties?

The fact that we had a chance to win on that final drive despite not playing all that well, the refs screwing us over hard, and the broncos playing there best game and throwing everything they had at us (tebow i the wildcat, onside kick in the 1st half in a tie game, etc) is a testament to how good we are. so to say the refs gave us anything is absurd at best had he not grabbed holmes it looked like holmes woulda caught it anyway for a TD, not like the ball was uncatchable either

5. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I don't understand how people are saying it should be a 15 yd infraction.

INTERFERENCE IS INTERFERENCE...PERIOD.

This Interference of making contact while the ball is in the air just happened to be him grabbing the face mask and pulling.

PI Trumps Facemask....

He could have thrown 2 flags if he wanted.

6. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

If people want PI to equal 15 yards....you are going to see a very unhappy Peyton Manning.

20+plus throws that a Dback can't really get to will just tackle a wide receiver lol.

7. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

i understand what he is saying

If u watch the replay, Santonio was grabbing on to his jersey

I'm not sure if he pulled him back. that could explain why he lost some of his balance

i don't really care. i'm just happy with the win lol

8. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

they have the 15 yards rule in college and it works just fine there

9. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

2 more weeks of this

10. TWDC

TWDC New Member

This. There is absolutely no reason to change the rule, and if anything, this play is a perfect example of why 15 yards wouldn't ever work. On a play (like this one) when a receiver likely would have had the catch if not for the interference, it doesn't make sense to limit the penalty yards to 15.

Also, why do people keep calling the play a hail mary? There was like 2 minutes left and Holmes was in single coverage. Its too bad Hill and Holmes were the only one aware of the hail mary situation or maybe this wouldn't have been called.

11. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

If you replace Jets with Colts all you hear for 3 days is how Manning led the Colts and put his team and WR in position for that play. When it's Brady or Manning it's intestinal fortitude but if it's the Jets it's luck.

12. rex-N-effects

rex-N-effects New Member

Sad but true

13. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Lol we are 5-1 I couldnt care less about what this shit corner has to say

14. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

People in the media keep focusing on that particular play and ignore the countless other times in the game where the Broncos were gifted penalty yards off bullshit calls against the Jets.

15. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Yes, exactly. Even Carlton on WFAN yesterday said the Jets got a "gift" from the zebras to win the game? What? If you pull someone's facemask and turn his head, how could that not be interference?

And yes, why isn't the media going crazy about all of the ridiculous calls that went against the Jets? (the Leonard call being the most obvious of them).

16. Enigmah

Enigmah Active Member

+10000000000000000

I have noticed this as well. The Jets had about 3-4 horrific calls that went against them throughout the game, and yet, everyone keeps focusing on the ONE call that actually went our way on a legit
    penalty. How is it that they can ignore all the other horrible calls and focus on the one call which is not even debatable? Yes, it decided the game, but there is nothing controversial about it. IT WAS THE RIGHT CALL.

17. Pluvrr

Pluvrr Active Member

The only problem with that are the 60 yard bombs going for Touchdowns and the defensive backs intentionally committing the foul to prevent the TD.

18. headshoes

headshoes Member

The replay doesn't lie.. I don't think he made an effort to go for the ball, rather just tie up Holmes..

19. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Hello Mr. Hill can you please autograph this helmet for my friend, " Reality".

20. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

well stated--can you imagine the uproar if it had been a jets DB turning the facemask on a broncos WR at the same time in the game and NO pass interference was called?