Brodie Croyle

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by lebojets, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

WHAT?!!!

Alabama has had some killer recent recruiting years on the defensive side of the ball. That was a good team waiting to pop.

2. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

RB in the 2nd round and Croyle in the 3rd round would be sweet

3. Mavericknyc1980

Mavericknyc1980 Active Member

Thats true but on the offsensive side of hte ball there talent was not up to par. Look for a kid that has that kind of talent for a 3rd is defintely worth a gamble while we still ahve Ramsey and Penny.

4. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

Don't mortgage the future on a QB like Leinart who has a ton of question marks and could go either way. I love the pick of Croyle. He has maybe the highest ceiling of any QB in the draft. If it was not for injury concerns he might be the #1 QB taken.

5. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

They had a tremendous Defense, but an offense that was nothing short of painful to watch much of the time. The line was, I think, the worst in all the SEC by midseason, their only true playmaker, Tyrone Prothro was injured, DJ Hall will be great, but simply wasn't ready to be the #1 WR, and Ken Darby was screwed by the smothering D's he had to face with no holes being opened up. What Croyle did with that team was the absolute best you're going to get, no matter who was the QB. A lot of other QBs would have folded up, Croyle didn't, and led Bama to a great year.

6. Coach K

Coach K New Member

listen to him..........my friends a Tide fan so ive watched most of Croyle's career. He had top prospect written all over him till his injuries. He's a tough player who was stuck on a injury ridden offense (OL and RB's).

He really got noticed when him and Prothro caught hot then Prothro got injured. Hes basically Jay Cutler with injuries, obvious next level skill coming from a questionable career. its just whether u want to roll the dice

7. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Alabama offense had absolutely nothing. One time I saw Croyle play when Prothro was there, and he was very good. After Croyle was hurt, he had no offensive line, and absolutely no playmakers around him. In that mold, he's like a Cutler. He's got tremendous upside, and I like him a lot. This guy was a god for Bama fans. Talent-wise, I put him up there with Cutler, Leinart, and Young easily. The main question for him is durability.

8. lebojets

lebojets New Member

Croyle is the way to go. There are no sure things when it comes to the draft its all a crap shoot. Especially at Qb. So if they are going to draft a Qb you grap him.

9. Jets41815162342

Jets41815162342 New Member

Injury Prone?

I really think Croyle is on par with the Big 3 talent wise and he probably comes more prepared than Young and Cutler. His big question is not if he's injury prone or not. To me injury prone refers to pulled hammys and sore backs, etc. Anyone could take an ACL shot at any time and be out for the year.

His big question is how will his double knee operations effect him in the NFL, are his knees 100%?

A certain Green Bay QB slipped in the draft due partially to having a large part of his intestines removed as the result of what I think was a car accident. He recovered 100% obviously.

10. Mavericknyc1980

Mavericknyc1980 Active Member

Croyle for the third rd man that would be awesome. Plus I heard he is completely healed from his injuries.

11. realdealramsey

realdealramsey New Member

Yeah, see the biggest problem with drafting a QB #4 is that you do not KNOW that you have to have one. Penny could return, it COULD happen, and Ramsey hasn't played a down here yet. He is smart and strong. He deserves a chance and I will be thankful if he gets that here. Drafting a QB with the top pick means the best scenario for the team is that Penny and Pat both fail and this season sucks. Do you really want to do that? Cause if Penny returns ok or Pat plays the way I expect him to, next offseason will be a headache if Leinart or Young or Cutler are here.

12. Hazardous Waters

Hence the purpose of this site.

13. Jets41815162342

Jets41815162342 New Member

Honestly, I wouldn't be upset if they took him with our 1st 3rd rounder.

14. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

the point isn't necessarily whether the Jets need a QB, it is whether Leinart or Young are so good and can make the team so much better than either Chad or Ramsey that you cannot pass up the opportunity to add them to the team and thus are worth taking and getting rid of our present QBs next year.

15. Hazardous Waters

I agree with a lot of you. Croyle or Whitehurst seem like they might be able to be brought up as sucesses down the road. Whitehurst is my pick though. The 71st overall pick should definitely be a quarterback IMO.

16. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Ramsey is smart and strong? Excellent!

Although, we should keep this quiet. I'm betting that the use of witchcraft and wizardry is against the NFL rules. Can we use it again to fix Chad's shoulder??

17. realdealramsey

Just seems a hair too risky to me. Give Pat his year and you'll see. You will not need another QB for awhile.

18. plinko

plinko Absolute Ruler

bahahahahahahahahaha :rofl2:

19. realdealramsey

People need to focus on the pre-Gibbs Ramsey. Gibbs' first seaon offense was duller than my HS one. The 03 season (especially early before the godawful protection problems and foot injury) is one to pay close attention to. NFL network is doing redskin day friday. One of the programs is game of the week from 03 season ( vs seattle ) . I would tivo that to get just a sampling of Pat's ability.

20. CmartinHOF

CmartinHOF New Member

croyl will go in the 2nd round, we cant afford to waste an early pick on a QB i say we get a QB like Omar Jacobs with our comp pick