Brock Bowers - Olu Fashanu Discussion

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BrowningNagle, Sep 15, 2024.

1. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Dude, what's the next lottery numbers? No sooner said than needed!

Jets OG fan likes this.
  2. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Hey Bower boys! What were you all thinking when Morgan Moses went down? "I wish we had Brock Bowers" Or maybe, "Thank G-d we have Fashanu"?

Anyway, it's too bad the Jets don't have Bowers, because their tight ends suck and did nothing tonight. Oh wait...

3. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

All I can say is that things are beginning to make more sense now. Rodgers with a great night being well protected. We are 2-1. Moses goes down, and we have Olu, who played well in limited snaps, so we do not need to worry and Moses missing some games and get Rodgers killed. Our own TE - Conklin - gets 96 yards. Heck even McD has replaced Huff pretty well. And this was a tough stretch - 3 games in 10 days, two on the road, including cross country. And NE is not a bad team either - won the 1st game against Burrow, then lost second in OT. We just wiped the floor with them.

4. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Looks like Olu is about to start... Conk got 96 yards. Brock looks good, but let's see how it all plays out.

5. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

This just looks weird to me . . . ? What is that.

[​IMG]

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Conklin had the best game of his life. That was nice to see

hard to tell how hurt Moses is, but it does appear like Fashanu will see the field now

7. Not Sure

Not Sure Active Member

Quadrophenia?

jetophile likes this.
  8. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Hahahaha, hats off.

Not Sure likes this.
  9. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

This is exactly why Olu was the right pick to make…just too much riding on this season to skimp on OL when your two starting tackles are over 30

I hope Moses is not out for a long time, but it sure feels better knowing that we have a high first round pick to step in … imagine if that was going to be Warren or Mitchell…ugh

Bowers has been very good no question, but I’ll go OT over TE every time if both are needs

Also, I know many don’t like Conklin but I honestly think he’s average to above average at TE, and he sure played well tonight…he was the safety blanket a few times when AR rolled out … good to see

Borat, Brook!, stinkyB and 2 others like this.
  10. Ill Will

Ill Will Active Member

TE's had 8 rec. for 108 yds.

281 yds. receiving to eight different receivers all tolled.

Olu is ready to go rn at either Tackle spot and my money says he'll be stalwart there for years. Really hoping Moses is okay and he and Smith make it through the whole season, of coarse

11. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Bump

12. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

problem is Conklin can give the Jets that each week and they haven’t done shit with him.

he has incredible hands

13. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

It's definitely nice having Olu step in for Moses but it doesn't ultimately change anything about my thoughts here.

Conklin is fine, he's a good possession receiver. Not a gamebreaker like Bowers is though. Conklin doesn't have the YAC ability or general speed and athleticism.

14. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

No he doesn’t … he’s not Bowers. But he’s good enough and last night showed he can play if the QB can get him the ball.

Olu was absolutely the right choice, because, while I was hoping both tackles could stay healthy all year…we just knew that sooner or later Olu would have to play. I hope Moses comes back next game, but if he doesn’t, I feel a lot better with Olu in there than I would with either Warren or Mitchell.

If both positions are need, I’d go OT over TE EVERY time. You have other players that can go catch the ball … use your backs like we do, use your WR, etc. To me, it’s a no brainer.

I would LOVE to have Bowers. No question. But not at the expense of having to play Warren or Mitchell for meaningful snaps. So to me, even without hindsight, with our older tackles, we KNEW we’d need a guy to step in, not really a question of “if” but of “when”…I certainly didn’t think it would be this early, and I hope Moses is OK, but to me, it wasn’t a gamble, it was really a need.

Anyway, what’s done is done…and if we can get this kind of production out of Conklin, then it’s not even close….

Borat likes this.
  15. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

I wanted Bowers, but understood the Olu pick.

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I hope he can bring that every week but I'm not sure that's true. NE was missing their middle linebacker, coincidentally Conklin ate up the middle of the field. Next week with a team at full strength it might be more typical.

I do agree he has good hands though. I like Conklin as a player

abyzmul likes this.
  17. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

Correction. There wasn't any rational "hoping" going on with that. As we actually already knew, with like 95% statistical odd certainty, that both tackles were NOT staying healthy all year.

And it wasn't the one driving that 95% certainty projection that went down last night either.

Jets79 likes this.
  18. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

How did Olu do last night after coming in? I didn't notice him which is a good thing but I wasn't specifically watching him either.

19. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

Damn, I really hope Moses is alright. It seems like the team thinks it is minor, but you never know until the MRI comes through.

But yeah, this is why oline depth is so important in a make or break year. Protect Rodgers at all costs, he'll get the ball to somebody.

mezzavo and Jets79 like this.
  20. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Moses looked like a textbook knee hyper extension, but it could also be a lot worse. I am thinking he will miss at least 2 games, anything less is gravy.

Jets OG fan likes this.