Brian Costello: Jets Release Tim Tebow!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Apr 29, 2013.

1. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Wasn't it painfully obvious he was brought here to sell jerseys/tickets? That's how I viewed it to be about halfway into the season. Especially when we weren't really using him on goal-line situations, where that was his strength in Denver/college.

No hate towards Tebow. More so the hate is towards the Jets FO that brought him here. Hope he finds success elsewhere, he just would have never panned out for us here. Nothing else to do but to release him.

The thought of him signing with NE or Miami, though, has my stomach in knots. They'll use him correctly, I just know it.

#161 macbk, Apr 29, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  2. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

what I dont get is a player coming to New York and trying to sell jerseys and tickets, its New York, people are gonna come until we suck and the Jets were in playoff contention until week 16

3. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Most tickets have long been sold through PSLs and all jersey sales are shared across all NFL teams so if he played for the Jets or the Cowboys Woody would get the same cut..

4. scoochydawg

scoochydawg Active Member

5. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

This is exactly how I feel. Even if they did bring him in to sell tickets, there was clearly a way we could use him to really help this team in alot of areas it struggled in.

Hate tebow all you want, but he is an excellent short yardage runner. for a team that couldnt convert on 3rd/goaline running situations it would have been nice to have a short yardage 3 or 4 play tebow package to send out in those situations.

there was just no imagination with him. you can get mismatches with him. you can run trick plays with him. you can move him around. we played to his weakness, putting him under center and never letting him spread it out or improvise.

6. BigJenks

BigJenks Active Member

Just like David Hasslehoff is big in Germany, Tim Tebow can be big in Canada. Good luck in the CFL and have fun getting paid in Loonies Tim!

7. BleedGreenDaily

Lol already been said Canadian team already told him he can compete at a backup QB or different position hahaha

8. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

He will end up going to the patriots and at some point will score a TD on us. Belichick and McDaniels wont be able to resist.

9. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

all the best to him, he's a good kid. hope he gets a job somewhere else.

10. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

Good luck to him and I am glad he is gone.

11. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

And yet Mark and Rex remain. Fuck if we are going to house clean , let's finish the job.

12. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

I agree, I've been saying this for months. Its just as vengeful and spiteful as Belichick is.

On an unrelated note, Vinny Testaverde said he tweaked his footwork which has improved his throwing mechanics. So yeah, there's that...

13. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I was hoping we could convert him to a TE. Mark needs to be on the punt team.

14. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

LMAO

Keep thinking Rex will be fired. It ain't happening big guy

15. BleedGreenDaily

Grrr... I hate belicheat!

16. Bannon

Bannon New Member

The list is long of guys who claimed to have tweaked him, just in case he blows up big, they can say "it was my tweak that did it!"

Tebow is camped out inside of everybody's head. He still has this aura about him like he's not done in the NFL. We'll see.

17. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

really? he brought them? there is a huge difference from his cult following him and Tebow bringing them. I would say your inability to tell the difference is the result of you being such an emotional hysteric that you can't think clearly, but clearly it is because you are simply a moron with the observational and intellectual abilities of a tree stump.

Tebow was stubborn and only wanted to play the position he was worst at? the guy played more special teams last year than QB; clearly he was willing to play more than QB. just because he was vocal about preferring to play QB doesn't change that he played whatever position the Jets asked him to. only an idiot would try and claim otherwise, not because you are dishonest about it but because you actually had no idea what you were watching last year.

18. BleedGreenDaily

Blah blah blah nothing but insults and no actually information.
    Anyway I can't care about some bust anymore he is not here. The air feels cleaner and more refreshing.

#178 BleedGreenDaily, Apr 29, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  19. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Months too late. Now bring your fan boys/girls with you.

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'm waiting with bated breath for the ESPN Breaking News streamer that informs us that "Nobody has signed Tebow yet! Stay tuned for further details."