BREAKING NEWS: Te'o's Dark Secret

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WW85, Jan 16, 2013.

1. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

It was all done for the heisman...

Someone posting on the fake girlfriend Twitter says this will be cleared up a noon today...

2. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

Oh he sounds perfect for "Woody's Big Top Extravaganza"!!!!

3. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

This is pretty fucking spot-on to what I was thinking.

But the only thing that I still don't get is why his parents lied about meeting her?

4. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Awesome.

Btw, are we sure that Manti even exists? He didn't show up for the National Championship Game.

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I bet you he is gay and this was his way to cover it up

6. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

Kobayashi? Lol.

7. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

All I know is that Manti seems perfectly suited for the Jets. 2 to 1 Rex & Co. draft him in the first round. Te'o is Rex Ryan's kind of guy! Keep the Jets circus going! :lol:

8. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Alright Manti needs to speak, show us ur phone records and all those long ass phone calls he claimed to habe with her,

9. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

The jets shouldn't touch him in the draft if he had anything to do with this.

10. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

But how would we ever know for sure? Whether he's telling the truth or lying through his teeth, we're gonna get the same story how we was used/manipulated & taken advantage of.

11. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I don't care what the truth is, there have been many players drafted that have done worst than lying. I just don't want the Jets to draft him because he is not as good as many think, his performance against Alabama had nothing to do with this hoax, it's his limited of talent that was displayed.

12. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Oh sure, big time football star dumps dying girlfriend. :lol:

20 years ago this may have been a big story, in 2013 America meh.

13. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

Personally, I think this whole thing is funny.
    JETS should stay away from Te'o, not because of this story, but because hes not top 10 talent IMO. Alabama exposed him, not only as an individual player, but as a leader.

What if he won the Heisman? I mean, if it is true, that he lied to get sympathy votes, would he get stripped? Curious to hear peoples opinions.

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Having been around the Hawaiian culture, I am aware of this type of behavior. An old Hawaiian man once referred to it as the "Poka Pupu'i Spirit".

Apparently, this kind of behavior is common among young Hawaiian males that are trying to hide their homosexuality.

15. NYJetsfan56

NYJetsfan56 Member

I wouldn't be surprised if Woody wants to add another act to the "circus" and forces us to draft Te'o.

16. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Hard to argue with any of this. The theories about this being done to try to cover up homosexuality also seem very plausible. What seems so unlikely to me is that the ND athletic department would go along with this. Why would they want to risk so much to cover up for him being gay? Or to make it more likely for him to win the Heisman? There is so little upside and such tremendous potential downside for the university.

17. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Manti T'eo's either the most gullible sap, a calculating, self-promoting Brian Bosworth fit for the 'Oprah' crowd or, the 'Metro Mark' of LB's. What I don't get is the butthurt indignation from some folks acting like they themselves were betrayed and cheated on. This is People Magazine worthy tripe and who here is gonna care about some mixed-up bullshit artist come draft day?

Let him tell 'his story' to some sympathetic, sexually frustrated audience on The View. I only know that I didn't (and still don't) want this guy chosen with the #9 pick...esp. not after seeing my man Chance Warmack 'walk' his ass down the field time and again. Broken down figuratively, this guy's gonna end up coming off like some Dirk Diggler with a blow up doll.

I'm sure Oprah's people are working the phones right now ...

"Oh Lennay...lying here alone...listening to your voice, I can't help but get those 'feelings' I was talking about, you know?....sigh...right now I'm so har...." *operator* "Please deposit 75 cents for the next 3 minutes" ... ]"hello?....Lennay?...

[​IMG]

18. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Well this whole schtik is giving francessa the opportunity to prove his knowledge about criminal law, psychiatry, and death.

pretty comical listening to him wrestle with callers who dont get the opportunity to speak their mind and clarify their points.

19. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Manti has to come out and clear all of this up, the sooner the better.

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That's right. The sooner that Manti admits to being homosexual, the sooner the Jets can commit to drafting him.

Good call.