BREAKING NEWS: Te'o's Dark Secret

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WW85, Jan 16, 2013.

1. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

You know that feeling you get when you see someone you thought highly of have blood stained all over them?

Well its something like this for me. The guy is still a heck of a talent but how he could go and do something like this, I don't know. I don't know how his new NFL team can really look at him highly for something like this, he's going to really have to earn his stripes. Imagine an actual leukemia survivor LB like Mark Herzlich is feeling right now? Or any other real life cancer survivors or ones fighting or who have lost their lives?

Definitely going to create some buzz he will have to defuse and a team like the Steelers which I thought was the lowest he'd fall won't take this time of talent on the team.

Manti Te'O CANNOT show up to Radio City Music Hall if this is confirmed.....seriously the boos he will get won't be the least of his worries. We're talking about possible death threat or protection needed. The NFL will need to bar him from coming for his own safety.

I am so saddened and let down Manti would resort to something like this....he can't seriously he in on this can he?

The worst fucking part of this is this puts a big shadow on the hard work all of the Irish players had in this awesome season which is a shame.

2. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I don't understand how anyone thinks this guy is talented, he is like Brian Bosworth, he looks great against average college football teams but was manhandled against a superior Alabama team, what you saw there is what you will see in the NFL when he gets drafted.

That performance alone should drop him to the 3rd or 4th round, I hope the jets stay away from him with the 9th pick.

3. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

This is the best.

I cant even speculate where this will put his draft stock. I remember a few years back when it was revealed Tony Washington was a sex offender I knew he wouldnt be drafted. This is on a whole new level

4. Icenet

Icenet New Member

I believe Manti is telling the truth and is a victim in this story.
    Sincerely,
    Lance Armstrong

5. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

6. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

So deadspin post some updates:

http://deadspin.com/5976635/notre-dame-manti-teo-was-the-victim-of-mean-internet-people

This line from above has me hesitating a little on Manti being involved in this: " Te'o told him that when he was at the ESPN awards, which aired Dec. 6, he took a phone call from a woman whose phone number matched Lennay Kekua's. "When he answered it," Swarbrick said, "it was a person, whose voice sounded like the same voice he had talked to, who told him that she was, in fact, not dead." Teo waited until Dec. 26 to inform his coaches, and he met with Swarbrick the following day. Eventually, Notre Dame hired private investigators to look into the matter."

On one hand, that is possible, on the other hand Manti went on with this for a long time and said he met her after Stanford game. Also, if someoen was pulling the hoax why would they avoid contact for 3 months before calling him and saying something? Will be interesting if that is true or not.

http://deadspin.com/5976640/espn-re...ot-sure-what-most-people-would-do-differently

This is Wojciechowski explaining some troubles he came to finding an obituary and car accident and denied pictures and contact to her family. Gene makes a good point, how do you push on someone saying no after a tragedy like this?

7. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Not sure if this has been discussed but, for whatever reason, Notre Dame is refusing to publish their findings.

8. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Off course, its all bullshit what they are feeding to the media which never calls out Notre Dame in the first place...

Too bad they can't be FOIAed since they are private...

9. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

10. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

11. Sir

Sir New Member

12. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

13. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Even if he isn't behind all this shit I still can't forgive him for being that naiive/stupid.

This type of thing happened to me before. When I was like 14. I caught on after about 3 days that this chick was not who she said she was. Didn't seem like a major accomplishment at the time lol

14. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

In my book, he's off the hook if he isn't behind all this.

Naive/stupid? Yes, but at least he wouldn't be disgraced.

15. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Exactly.

Again, things like this arent THAT rare.

16. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

unlikely. their reputation will be hurt, but they aren't in any trouble.

17. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

That's because unfortunately dumbasses are not rare either

18. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Idk how reliable this site is:

http://pepperonsports.tumblr.com/post/40728557823/teo-teammate-he-lied-but-the-media-blew-it-up

19. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

even if he was duped by the chick, she was never his girlfriend so he clearly drove the bullshit story himself about his girlfriend dying so he can have a tragic story for media attention.

20. Win4ever

Win4ever New Member

This just doesn't pass the smell test.

Here is a stud college player getting national attention, and he can pretty much walk into any bar around his college and pick his women, and he resorts to online chatting with mysterious women instead?

Either this is a big ruse to hide something more perverted or his gayness, or he's a complete idiot. Also, if someone dies of Leukemia, there is a level of decline to their health, and happens gradually. If he didn't notice it, then he's an idiot again as well, to believe that it just happened suddenly (and he believed it, if his quotes after the incident are any indication).

His stock has be to dropping like crazy now. His big selling point was his leadership, but his reputation is tarnished right now.