Breaking News: Jets have fired OC John Morton

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by grkmanga31, Jan 17, 2018.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Bates has 1 year OC experience. Seattle in 2010. The offense finished 28th overall and was among the worst rushing offenses in Seattle franchise history. He was let go after that 1 season for "differences in philosophy"

FJF, Red Menace and 6-10 once again like this.
  2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

fucking Bowles man, you better know what you are doing here ... it was better for Bates to just remain the QBs coach. It wasn't like was looking at other offers.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Amazing that they backed themselves into a corner on both fronts. Macc HAS TO FIND A QB in this offseason and Bowles HAS TO REPLACE and choose his 4th OC this offseason. Those twin extensions really aren't bulletproof. Sometimes people just make shit hard on themselves for no good reason.

Donttasemebro likes this.
  4. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

No loss here. We were in the bottom half of the league in every statistical category on offense. Good riddance.

Downside is we have to learn ANOTHER new system. Seems like it happens every year. Bring in Haley.

5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Guys. I banned our confused member Longsuffering88 for a month. Earlier he called me a moron and I let it go. Now he is attacking other posters. If he continues he will be perma banned. One tiny request. Please keep politics to BS forum. We don't mind politics at all but keep the white/black race discussion out of Jets main page. We have BS Forum for that stuff.

6. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

New

OH MY GOD!! Don't even think about going to Jetsfansunited and posting such a thing. The political correctness nonsense will come at you from all angles!!

I think I might've just gotten banned there for saying Bowles gets an obscene amount of "get out of jail free" cards because he's black.

But I think you know..... I agree with you. I'm sorry I do not intend to offend anyone when I say, "the Minority policy along with affirmative action in this country is complete nonsense. There is no reason whatsoever for a minority to get hired over a male Caucasian simply of the color of his skin. That's the democrats way of being racist themselves as far as I am concerned.........

You do know that Caucasians have been getting jobs based on the color of their skin for generations right?

I can speak for a fact that where I work, caucasians who are dumber than rocks were hired because of the color of their skin and who they know, over Blacks, Hispanics and other Caucasians who were more qualified.

One of those guys can't even read beyond a 4th grade level and was near the bottom of the list, but the department head bypassed a lot of good people to hire him and it was one of the worse moves made.

I don't like Bowles as HC but none of us here have the knowledge that he has at the level of coaching needed to be in the NFL.

Rex was not a good HC he was given 6 years, Wade Phillips was not a good HC but how many opportunities was he given to be a HC? Jim Caldwell was just fired and he has done better than most of the HC in the NFL.

Fisher was a bum and was allowed to stay on as HC long enough to tie for the most losses by a NFL HC.

How long was Tom Landry allowed to coach before he turned it around?

You guys are better than this nonsense your putting out there, it's not always about skin color.

#166 Red Menace, Jan 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    101GangGreen101, TonyFtLaud and Noam like this.
  7. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Sorry, I will delete my response.

8. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Really do think Bowles was done with Morton after Morton outted Bowles for quitting on the Broncos game.

They were feuding all season, wouldn't be shocked if that was the final nail in the coffin.

9. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

I read an article saying Bowles thought Morton was pass happy and wants to go to a more ground and pound type offense...maybe we will just sign Blake Borltes and draft Barkley. lol

10. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

If that's the case then Bowles is a moron. There were plenty of instances where we couldn't run the ball at all because our o-line is dog shit. If he wants to be the next rex ryan and ground and pound then he needs to tell Macc to go ahead and get a bunch of new o-linemen and Barkley.

11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

and freshen up his resume after the Jets go 5-11 or 4-12.

12. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

But, this is too simplistic. We had below average personnel this year. We had a mediocre offensive line, a journeyman/checkdown charlie QB, meh receivers, and meh running backs. We SHOULD have been in the bottom half of the league in most offensive categories.

I really thought Morton had a nice system. IDK. Another year, another offensive coordinator, another season of excuses pertaining to learning a new system. Nothing changes.

PennyRoyal10 likes this.
  13. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I'm really excited for the Jets to draft a QB and have Arians work with him in camp.

Hell, Hackenberg may even complete a pass.

Sam Hammer and Jets_Grinch like this.
  14. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

You are answering your own question. Bates is the front runner for a reason.

Canning OC after 1 year for 3 years - will YOU work for that kind of boss?

15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'm wondering if Arians would do his buddy Bowles a solid and take the OC job for a couple of years to stablilize that side of the field?

Brook! likes this.
  16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

He wasn't great, but better than the two we kept in Bowles and Casey for sure.

17. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I dont think so by a long shot. Defense played very well down the stretch. Offense sputtered with and without McCown all season. Morton was very inconsistent.

Im not calling Bowles is yhe second coming but his problems were more time management late in games than anything

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

FJF likes this.
  18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Defense needs a pass rusher to be good and the offense needs a QB. It's a race. So far the Jets are losing the race.

19. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

And your rational for keeping the two numb nuts with the pathetic defense expertise in Casey and Bowles is?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  20. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I thought about the same thing. I think it is Bates at this point unless Arians does Bowles a solid favor. Nobody reputable will work for a HC that fired 2 OC's in last 3 years.