Breaking News: Jets have fired OC John Morton

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by grkmanga31, Jan 17, 2018.

1. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Lol except im over here dying in my chair because youre really going off the deep end. I love how racist people like you use affirmative action (which is pretty exclusive to you for black) when others dont. They then always go on to say they

A. Know black people
    B. Have a black friend
    C. Listen to Rap
    D. Some combination of the above

Those things do not make you less of a racist. Its cute you think it does tho lmao.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

It’s great that you support affirmative action

It’s all we need to know

Hire ppl based on color over skill

Man you look dumb

3. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Lmao do I? Lmao, heres how I know you're a racist. Because to us, black people, affirmative action isnt a real thing. Its doesnt help you get a job in real life. That something racist people hold onto to justify their behavior.

4. Longsuffering88

Yeah but I’m Rooney rule bro

Oops!!!!!!!

Sorry I done did fucked up your narrative

5. zace

zace Well-Known Member

No you didn't, that rule only requires an interview not a job. It actually supports exactly what i said. It's not a real thing, because people hire whomever they want.

But i still find you so comical to defend you not racist self. It truly is entertaining.

6. Longsuffering88

I’m the nicest chill person ever

I just can’t take the fake world we live in anymore

Let’s meet

Guarantee we get along. I bet we agree on most topics.

Reminder- PE were the first to say don’t believe the hype and we do t need false
    Media do we?

7. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Oh i dont think youre a bad person. I think youre having some fun tonight.

8. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

He's got it made right now honestly.
    Works from home in Houston analyzing college prospects and free agents. Guess he misses being on the field on Sundays.

Red Menace likes this.
  9. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I don't get it. I thought Morton was the best OC we had in a long time.

10. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

Got to sleep you drunk moron!

11. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I understand the zone blocking scheme, and d I'm not diminishing your explanation about personnel packages, but it's not an absolute that they have to only run 19 times in one game and divide that by 3 RBs.

That's where I believe the issue is, Bowles just wanted more running plays.

The defensive issue, your spot on, it is not a great unit and Bowles is supposed to be an excellent defensive minded HC.

12. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I dont think you get whats going on here

13. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

OH MY GOD!! Don't even think about going to Jetsfansunited and posting such a thing. The political correctness nonsense will come at you from all angles!!

I think I might've just gotten banned there for saying Bowles gets an obscene amount of "get out of jail free" cards because he's black.

But I think you know..... I agree with you. I'm sorry I do not intend to offend anyone when I say, "the Minority policy along with affirmative action in this country is complete nonsense. There is no reason whatsoever for a minority to get hired over a male Caucasian simply of the color of his skin. That's the democrats way of being racist themselves as far as I am concerned.........

14. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Probably his admittance he packed it in in a game :mad:

15. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Maybe running [only 19 times] and splitting that with 3 RBs wasn't a good idea - or so from the outlook.

If you bothered to look at the way game turned out, you'd actually agree with Morton, not with Bowles or Forte. That's the Falcons game, and Jets ground game was miserable all game long.

McCown went 26/33 for 257 yards and 2 TDs. [And they are not garbage time stats either. He actually choked down the road. Still healthy 7.8 yards a pop. Functional and respectable, I tell ya.]

Rushing attack was dismal that day - Powell gained 33 on 14 carries, for 2.4 yards a pop. And that was the best bang for the buck. Forte went 4 for 7 yards. Healthy 1.8 yards per carry. Would you dial up more run plays in that situation yourself? I know I wouldn't have. Seriously, I was like "Just what the fuck is he talking about?" when I read Forte's bullshit the next day.

TL: DR

Okay. Maybe Morton didn't dial up as many running plays as many [including those up top] desired. Is it his fault? Maybe - but I am leaning toward [NO.] If Jets offense had sufficient talent to run the ball more effectively, maybe Morton would have called more runs - or that's my take.

16. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Curious to see where Morton ends up. I thought he got as much out of this roster as one could realistically expect. Maybe his personality is so abrasive that he had to go, who knows...

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  17. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

...and 2 more dillholes go on ignore.

Back to the football topic at hand....Personally I think Morton has some flaws but anybody who gets that kind of season out of mckown and the jets offense deserves another year but I'm still optimistic they find a good OC.

18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I think its safe to say with Morton gone that they won't be bringing McCown back. And that's a good thing. That could be a reason Morton was axed. He wanted to run "his system" with McCown for another year and the rest of the organization didnt

if there was ever any hope for Hackenberg left.. was there? This has got to be the proverbial nail in the coffin. 3 different offensive systems in his 3rd year in the league... that's a great way to ruin any young QB, especially one that needed more development than most like Hack

All Gas No Shake and FJF like this.
  19. jetsknicks1

jetsknicks1 Member

Typical Jets. This team has zero stability, who the hell would want to work here? ESPN radio is saying Bates is the front runner, my question is why? McCown has been around long enough that he doesn’t really need to be coached up so we need to look at what Bates did to improve Petty & Hack and the answer is, nothing.

20. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

What a fucking shit show

Cman68 and JetFanInPA like this.