Breaking Down Aaron Maybin's Week 13 Performance (with photos)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Duk Dodgers

Duk Dodgers Active Member

Really interesting read about Maybin! I am hoping he can take the next step in his development. Thanks for putting all this together.

2. Harrier Manc-Jet

Best thread this offseason and a great read! got me confident Maybin can get it done next year. Well done

3. NFL

NFL Active Member

Maybin is a keeper. If he were to start i believe he would be up there.

4. SKIBA-JONES

SKIBA-JONES New Member

Gota give credit where credit is due awesome thread. Great breakdown of plays. It just goes to show how much this kids got to offer. and how explosive he can be.

5. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

LOL, one game and he's a star?

vernon gholston had a career game against jake long in college and collected something like half his sacks for the year in that one game. look how that turned out!

maybin was a bust in buffalo, yet you're convinced he's a star waiting to happen.

you are seeing what you want to see, plain and simple! one game on tape, big deal!

6. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Cool story, bro.

7. srqman1

srqman1 Tired of BS

MODS ban joesmoe please

BLATANT trolling right here

8. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

who said he was a star? really...who?

Please tell me who said that.

People are just excited for his development, it's clearly obvious he made a good step in the right direction from the Bills to the Jets. Even you can deny that.

You say however, the only thing he can do is just straight rush the QB with his speed.

The OP then analyzes a game play-by-play, of Maybin using a variety of moves to a considerable degree of success.

What will convince you? This type of analysis EVERY GAME?

Just get your head out of your ass and maybe just realize, yeah -- people are excited because this guy went from a bust, to an decently effective pass rusher who only has one move, to a PR who is trying to mix it up.

No one saying he's an all star, just that he has potential and we're excited for his POTENTIAL, considering the progress we've seen in one season alone.

9. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

wouldn't surprise me in the least. if you have an opinion that isn't rosey green pro stupidity, then you're not a jets fan to most on this board. i expressed my honest non homer opinion, if thats banable then so should you!

10. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

anyone can pick a few plays from the past season to make a certain player seem better than he was, "case in point"! fact is, the posting try's to imply maybin being better than he was a "one trick pony" speed rush is all he has, whether it's inside slant, outside whatever, it's still just a speed rush and thats all he has.

my head is squarely where it should be and not at a second graders level!

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Your head has been up your ass since the day you registered here.

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Likewise, anyone can ignore the facts presented to them and keep repeating an opinion that was formed based on a players past rather than their actual documented performance as a Jet. The truth has been presented to you with clear photos and descriptions that even a second grader would likely understand. Anyone who has read this thread can make an educated decision as to how valuable your opinion is to them. I have my suspicions as to which direction they will be leaning.

You've been presented with clear visual evidence of Maybin successfully executing a bull rush, setup outside - club inside, and a spin move in an NFL game, yet continue to state that he only has a speed rush.

[​IMG]

13. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

If this were a Division III team Maybin might be able to make a decent contribution. Unfortunately, it isn't. Cut him. Also, Revis.

14. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

BULLRUSH? MAYBIN, LOL. are we talking about the same MAYBIN? bull and maybin go together in only one way!

15. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

coming from you, i take that as a compliment. you've been right about so few things you give me plenty to laugh about.

you were a noodle is a franchise qb fan!
    mangini as a mangenious fan!
    sanchez as a franchise qb fan!
    and the laugher, gholston was going to be a pass rushing beast for the jets fan. yup, you really know football, lol. at least i'm right about some things. far more than you ever have been. you claim to be knowledgeable, but your track record isn't all that good. down right awful when looking at it.

maybe being a student of the game isn't going to be your cup of tea. try soccer, you certainly can't do any worse. and to think, i did all that without your childish name calling.

16. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Maybin touched joesmoe in a no-no place..

17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Yes sir. Please do me a favor and actually read the thread and look at the screen captures showing just that.

edit: Here, I'll help you again - just pictures this time - no need for a description.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Awesome thread. I had a feeling Maybin was improving during the year, but I couldn't place my finger on how or why. With the motor he has and striving to become better, he can become a solid player.

19. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

i'll give you 2 facts.
    washington has one of the worst olines in the league
    and maybin got no sack on that play. nothing to see in those pic's to get impressed with. at least 25 other nfl rushers do the same thing minus the accolades they don't deserve.

20. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

joesmoe39 needs to worship here