Breaking Bad

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jetophile, Mar 22, 2009.

1. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

I think the point is that he has disguised himself with a full head of hair, shaggy beard and eyeglasses. That's why Carol recognizes him immediately because she knows him so well and he's in front of his house where she has seen him for years. Random people that have seen his picture on the news aren't going to put it together during one brief chance encounter.

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

3. Barcs

Barcs Banned

The Walt Jr lying to the cops thing only makes sense if he was trying to protect his mom just like Walt. He knew that his mom was aware of his father's dealings, and probably wanted to ensure she was not implicated. So by saying Walt attacked her it played perfectly into Walt's plan to protect Skylar. It didn't seem like it but father and son were thinking on the same page.

4. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

There's no way he has this thought process in that moment. They never set Walt Jr up as a character that possessed intelligence so drawing this conclusion is difficult for me.

However, the aftermath just happens to play out with what you describe above.

5. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Walt Jr has Cerebral Palsy. This disease affects motor functions, speech and coordination (mostly physical), it's not really bout intelligence and thought process. There are plenty of mathematicians that suffer from this condition. He doesn't have to be a genius to want to protect his mother. I think it was intentional. If not, it was totally out of character.

#1745 Barcs, Sep 21, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  6. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Walt Jr had just learned his father was a meth kingpin and possibly involved in his uncle's death, whom he looked up to just as much as Walt, if not more.

I think he was trying to protect his mother. From Walt, not from implication.

7. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I have to agree with Beast here. Some of you guys are thinking way too much into this with Walt Jr. haha

8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Nothing is out of character in that situation. Have you guys ever gone through a crisis? Trust me, you don't act like yourself.

9. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Exactly.

you're not in the mindset to have the foresight to aid your mother in getting absolved of any charges against her criminal activity.

it was a reaction to protect her...

10. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Tell that to a Vulcan (or someone not as attached to their emotions to act irrationally). Not everybody panics and goes insane when shit hits the fan, especially not to the extent some of these TV shows portray. Sure, plenty of people do, but I can tell you with certainty that if my mom attacked my dad with a knife and the only injured person was him I wouldn't lie to cops and flip it on my dad unless it was for the exact reasons I said above. Walt didn't do a single thing wrong in that scene, other than failing communicate his intentions clearly. Walt said he didn't kill Hank and tried to save him, but Skylar just wouldn't listen. Who knows though, this show is crazy.

#1750 Barcs, Sep 22, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  11. The Dark Knight

One. Episode. Left......................Wow.

12. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Damn cant believe that Todd did that...Wow, cold killer METH DAMON.

On a nice note...BREAKING BAD WON BEST DRAMA EMMY...A epic moment and ending it in beautiful fashion as personally the best drama ever on tv

#1752 Poeman, Sep 23, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  13. Satire?

Satire? Guest

fuck you, todd

didn't like that fucker the second i saw him

#1753 Satire?, Sep 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2013
  14. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Some thoughts on the Ricin...

From Wikipedia about ricin:

Ensure (protein) + Ricin = Walt having enough time to go Heisenberg and die in his sleep or on his own terms. However, now that I remember that diner scene at the start of last year 05.01 episode...He may have taken it with his coffee there before he goes rambo, wouldnt surprise me with Gilligan.

Thats probably a more fulfilling ending in my eyes

#1754 Poeman, Sep 23, 2013
  15. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

That would be bomb as shit, especially if he saves Jes in the process, but I highly doubt that'll happen haha.

16. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

I'm thinking he takes the Ricin, if only because it has been around since Season 2 (1?) and no one has ever been given the poison. It has to be used for something right?!

17. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

All I know is, it better end better than Dexter.

That shit was pathetic.

18. The Dark Knight

He picks up the ricin AFTER he is at the Denny's though. Not that the specifics matter, but I think you could be right. Makes a lot of sense, especially with him being in such poor condition at the moment.

Made me think: WHAT IF...........he hasn't taken it yet. His plan is to go after Todd's family, wipe them out, get the money back for his family, TAKE THE RICIN, then turn himself in. The DEA has there man now. Search over. But he dies within hours of being captured. Pretty epic.

#1758 The Dark Knight, Sep 23, 2013
  19. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

^ makes sense

Even if he knows he will wind up dying in X amount of months, his life in captivity will be miserable because the DEA blames him for killing Hank.

They don't take too kindly their own being killed, especially in bumble-fuck New Mexico, they will beat the shit out of Walt non-stop -- he knows that.

So he will take the ricin, confess on tape and then die due to the complications of the ricin dosage.

20. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

But I liked him as Landry on Friday Night Lights!