Breaking Bad

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jetophile, Mar 22, 2009.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Absolutely. Dudes got a mad crush, yo!

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

This was Gilligan's favorite and best episode

3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

[YOUTUBE]2821Jvnaeg8[/YOUTUBE]

Breaking Bad has some catchy songs, especially when they cook.

5. Barcs

Barcs Banned

What an episode! When Walt told Jessie that he saw his girlfriend die, I was in shock. There's no coming back from that one. That was just cold. If Walt finds Jessie he will kill him or vice versa. It really seems like Walt is breaking down mentally. I guess his call to Skylar was indeed to get her off the hook, though. At first I thought he was just ranting and didn't expect him to bash Skylar like that. I'm pretty sure he wanted them all to leave not only because of the legal issues, but also because those neo nazi dudes could come back for them. Walt was stupid to even mention the money, however. He should have known Hank was as good as dead.

#1725 Barcs, Sep 17, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  6. tubby

tubby Active Member

I think Walt's call to Skylar was definitely to get her off the hook. The whole reason he got into the meth business was for his family and through everything that has happened he's been pretty big on family still. He wanted to make sure that Skylar got off ok. I think Skylar knew what he was doing as well.

7. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

That is, without a doubt, the reason for the call. He made sure to say phrases
    Like "what did you know about it anyway, nothing!" , "I am the one who did everything." , and "you only do what I tell you to do, you should never disobey me" etc. I'm paraphrasing of course, but he did everything in his power to put all the blame on himself and make it sound like Skylar didn't know anything, and anything she did do was just her obeying Walt's orders out of fear for her safety.

8. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I didn't at all get that the call was to save Sky, but that is very possible.

Maybe he won't shoot everyone after all. The ending was just too perfect. I wonder what kind of new life he'll try to lead.

9. Jet Pac

Jet Pac New Member

Exactly. And she knew exactly what he was doing.

10. Jet Pac

Jet Pac New Member

That is fuckin sick!! Good catch.

11. roboz08

roboz08 Well-Known Member

I thought of that scene with Gus as soon as Hank got shot and Walt broke down. That entire episode was unbelievable.

12. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

These next two episodes are gonna be intense, I still feel like Jesse is gonna be the one to kill Walt, Walt has to die it's the only thing that makes sense being that the series is ending, The only question is how does he die? Dying of cancer isn't breaking bads style

13. NYJalltheway

Watch Walt will be the only one who lives haha.

14. JetNotts

JetNotts Member

Last 2 episodes gonna be 75 mins so around 55 mins of ad free time. Can't Wait!!

15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

My thoughts, I think the last episode was a good ending point before it transitions to the current time period so I expect this next episode to be on Jesse & Todd. The last one is present day massacre of the Aryan Brotherhood.

16. Drew

Drew Active Member

Anticipation is seriously killing me now..

17. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

This was not written by me, so I'm not taking credit for this in any way. Read it, found it interesting, and decided to share. Contains spoilers:

SPOILERS

""So, the thing that sticks out to me the most from the flash forwards is that Walt knows what he's coming home to, so to speak. He pulls up to a dilapidated house with no sense of surprise or urgency. He gets the crowbar out of the trunk to pry open the door before he even goes up to it. So what happened, and how/why does he know, since he ghosted himself at the end of this last episode?

Marie.

You may not know this, but Charlie Rose makes a guest appearance next episode, playing himself, I'm assuming, on the Charlie Rose show (a national news show). I think Marie goes public with her story about her brother in law being the meth king of the southwest, and with the RECORDING OF JESSE'S CONFESSION.

As you already know there's a time jump somewhere. Walt had his 51st birthday last year, during the first part of season 5. The house is probably trashed because the police take the remaining White family in protective custody.""

SPOILERS

18. NYJalltheway

I'm not so sure how that is a spoiler in any way. It didn't give anything away...

It would be interesting if Marie did go public though.

19. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

Also Walt doesn't give a flying fuck about Marie or what she does or says at this point, the cat is already out of the bag. It's entirely possible that she ends up doing that but it won't affect Walt's life in the least outside of maybe being more likely to be recognized by random bystanders wherever he goes.

Obviously the call was to help Sky and the last 2 episodes are going to be focusing on Walt's attempt at redemption I think. I thought it would be fitting that Walt came back to protect Jesse from the original flash forward, recently it has been looking less likely, now it's starting to look like the scenario again. The ricin is still the wild card, maybe for Lydia or who knows?

Regardless, the last episode officially put the show over the hump for me as the best TV show of all time. Now the only question is whether the last 2 episodes can take it to yet another level.

20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

This could very well happen. Marie has a big mouth, why not expose Walt for everyone to see? The thing is though, Walt shows that server his ID, the ID is a picture of Walt just before he left in that Van.

Surely the waitress would know about it right?