Breaking Bad

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jetophile, Mar 22, 2009.

1. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

when Walt heard the informant had flipped I thought right then that Mike was a dead man. Then when Walt talked to him I figured I had thought wrong. Gilligan is a master of playing on your suspense

2. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

As soon as I saw the preview for the episode, my whole stomach felt like it had a knot. I knew time was up for Mikey.

Not sure how I feel about the episode, especially the last 10 minutes...They seem rushed or something. Mike's character was never that blindsided. He would never let Walt meet him alone. The MIKE I know, would easily disguise himself to go to the car where he parked and take his bag and simply disappear. No way, he would Saul Goodman after he went through a retard lawyer.

That was not the Mike I know.

4. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Sepinwall's review said a similar thing and while I see where you are coming from, I didn't have much of a problem with it.

I think he was caught totally off guard because he thought he had been so thorough. I don't know if a simple disguise would have worked. And anybody else he could have gotten that he trusted was in jail. I doubt he wanted to risk prison time in case he did get caught at that airport so it was probably much safer in his eyes to use somebody else.

5. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

[YOUTUBE]XPvtFqbeyD4[/YOUTUBE]

6. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

Breaking Bad officially entered the end game tonight.

Two great song references:

Crystal Blue Persuasion by Tommy James and the Shondells

Up the Junction by Squeeze (very subtle...in the background in the family scene at the end)

7. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Yep. Shit hits the fan next summer, for real. Of course, now we have to wait til next summer.

8. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

Still don't understand how they are calling this one final season? It would be one thing if the second half was in Jan or Feb, but next summer is basically a year after the season started.

9. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Didn't love the ending. I mean Walt is such a clean guy, he always made sure there was minimal evidence, even in his house. Why keep that book? And couldn't he just tell Hank he took the book as a joke because of the WW.

Anyways, its clear this was going to be DEA vs Walt, it just sucks we'll have to wait a fucking year.

10. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I don't agree that he was always careful because he left the blood in the front of his Aztec for quite some time.

As for the book, I don't think it was so much the book being damning evidence as it was what made him connect the dots with other stuff. They didn't show it all but I imagine he put it all together, from Skyler acting afraid of him, to Walt crashing the car on the way to the lab,etc

11. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

That's really not true. Walt has been more and more careless as time has gone on, mostly built by his own arrogance. He thinks he's taken every precaution, but look at when he meets with Mike and Jesse in the meth lab. He parks right in front of the lab when Mike and Jesse are smart enough to park a block away.

12. Drew

Drew Active Member

And now I'm sure the whole international business is going to play into his greed and fuck him over.. he's too consumed by it now.

Hank has to keep quiet and investigate the whole thing.. I can't wait til next Summer..

13. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Nice ending...I knew it was going to end with hank finding out, considering we only have 8 more episodes left on this show.

Why do we have to wait a whole year...damn it.

14. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

15. InChadWeTrust

InChadWeTrust New Member

At this point I'm almost thinking Walt will be giving himself that Ricin at some point.. cancer is back and Hank's on to him. Can't wait to see Walt's fall. I just wonder if this is it for Jesse or if he finds out about the other big big secrets Walt/Saul has hidden from him.

16. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

It would make more sense for him to give Hank the ricin.

17. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

One thing that was not resolved in the half season finale was Walt's cancer. He went to the doctor and then next scene announces that he's out. I wonder if Walt is going to claim that the cancer has spread to his head and he had no idea what he was doing.

18. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Guys, the first scene of the first episode of this season was a flash forward.

From that flash forward it appears Walt acquires a 50 cal machine gun for a "last stand".

Plus Walt's associate can move things from country to country with the "click of a mouse" if Walt sniffs out the DEA, he's going to be gone.

This is why Hank probably goes rogue again and does the recon himself...

19. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Yeah, we knew that was a flash forward. Earlier in this thread I believe I wrote that I think what happens next in that scene will be in the penultimate or final episode. I think he acquires the gun to protect someone other than himself but I am not yet sure who.

20. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member