Braylon needs to pipe down

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Nov 1, 2010.

1. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Only targeted 4 times too, definitely makes you scratch your head.

2. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Not really, Sanchez wasn't good. He missed BE twice when he was wide open and those were only the hammer to the head (blatantly obvious) times. We have no idea what Sanchez is doing in his order of progressions. For all we know Braylon might have had more specific plays where Sanchez threw to someone else.

Since Santonio has come back, Sanchez has been getting progressively worse. Maybe he has too many options. That would directly correlate to the Ravens game where they gave Sanchez 2 plays at the line and he had the option of killing one. Sanchez himself said that was too complicated. That would jive with the fact that he is only a 2nd year player with limited experience.

The more complicated they make it, the worse Sanchez does...... dumb everything down again. Give Sanchez 2-3 reads and a dump off.

As we all know Schotty likes to make things complicated. I think this is a case where everyone got ahead of themselves as far as Sanchez's development and put way too much on his plate......

3. jco2007

jco2007 Active Member

He's had good hands this year, but he's still dropped some. I've seen at least 2 bounce right off the 17 on his chest.

4. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

He has 1 certified drop this year. Jumping 30 feet into the air for an errant pass doesn't count.

5. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Jets fans see every uncaught ball within a 5 yard radius of Braylon Edwards as a drop.

Reputation > reality

6. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Just wait till Jets fans come to the realization Holmes dropped double or triple the amount of passes that Braylon dropped last year.

In fact I am going to buy some Proctor and Gamble stock tomorrow. Razor blades are going to be flying off the shelves............

7. Clown

Clown New Member

No way... he didnt drop a single pass in the superbowl! I wont believe IT!

8. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

if memory serves he dropped a pass on first down in the back line of the endzone of that final drive. He eventually scored on 3rd down. The pass he dropped was almost identical, yet actually much easier than the one he caught

9. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

schotty insists on making everything more complicated than it needs to be. perhaps this explains why the jets offense looked like crap after the bye - the bye just gave schotty 2 weeks to make everything far more complicated than it needed to be. It is becoming more apparent that Schotty is just a bad match for Sanchez. Sanchez does better in a simplified system that allows Mark to improvise and make plays. Schotty has a bizarre need to make everything as complicated as possible and the results on Sunday were NO POINTS.

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Schotty conflicts with the ideology of the Jets.

He's not punch you in the face ground and pound.

He's confuse and air it out.

Get me a coordinator who understands Rex's vision.

11. Clown

Clown New Member

I can't help to believe this because shotty and rex have different views of running an offense and most of us see it.

Wins clear this problem up.

12. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

You think that's bad, you should hear a Cleveland fan watching a Jets game....

They count Cotchery Drops for Edwards.

13. Gunther

Gunther Member

I just think Sanchez needs more time. Chad Pennington had more experience and was more of a cerebral QB than Sanchez is right now. I agree with Miamipuck on this one. Schotty got ahead of himself and he has placed a second year QB around all star caliber players, and I think it does affect Sanchez's decision making in the pocket.

14. rex-N-effects

rex-N-effects New Member

there is nothing wrong with what he said. its not like he said sanchez had a horrible game, i was open a few times and he missed it especially since all the other WRs he was targeting kept dropping passes i shoulda been targeted more"

although if he said it he would have a valid point. Still no big deal. let move on people. Nothing to see here

15. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Braylon is the new Laveranues. The one that everyone loves to hate. Seems like some people would rather be watching a soap opera than a football team.

16. Clown

Clown New Member

Lol i know right? dude can be superbowl mvp for the jets... and people will still need to hate him.

17. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

Agreed.

Enough already. I said it in past threads, mods let trolls run wild on this site. Its not the same as it used to be....

18. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

He does need more time. That's why I want the Roethlisberger approach.

Patience is still needed, even in the midst of a contention season. The Steelers had the same thing in 05.

And that's Schotty's problem - gets ahead of himself. Outsmarts himself. Gets cute.... Football is a chess match, a mind game. If your mind can't stay focused and consistent you are going put the king in checkmate.

Schotty isn't a good chess player.

19. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Ughh.. here we go.. Braylon spouting off again..

"Once a quarterback gets to a certain point, where his mistakes are far and few between ... it's hard to be that (critical) when your mistakes are at a substantial level," Edwards said. "That happens with more experience. That happens with more consistency. Then you get that respect when it becomes second nature.

"Hey, a guy drops a pass, (you say), 'You gotta catch that for me.' It's the same when a guy runs the wrong route or gets the wrong depth or a lineman jumps offsides. Then, that's when it's, 'Hey, man, I need you. You can't be doing that stuff.' The Peyton Mannings of the world (can say that). It takes consistency."

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/je...ize?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

So he's saying Sanchez makes too many mistakes to criticize anybody else. Weird, considering Sanchez only pointed the finger at himself after Sunday's debacle.

20. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

What question did they ask him?