Braylon Edwards - Released by SF on 12/27

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #28Martin, Dec 20, 2011.

1. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

Wait, someone is actually defending Eric Smith? How?

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Obviously he is the patron saint of lost causes. He also will defend Brian Schottenheimer to the death. Why ask why? Just enjoy the carnage.

3. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Coverage has been terrible, but Eric Smith still hits harder than Sherry Rhodes.

4. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

That and that it is inaccurate and shows a lack of football knowledge to argue that one of the safeties should be held responsible for all lapses in the middle of the field and against TE's. This responsiblity is shared by a number of players, and we all know the linebackers as a group, whatever else their plusses, are slow.

5. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

That play was all Braylon. When he wanted to preform..boy did he ever. From his first to second year with us we witnessed all the work he put in to be a better player. Braylon was a tough guy with us, who Rex was able to motivate and I believe put in the time to be a better player on the field. Just too much bullshit off the field.

I would gladly, gladly dump Holmes for Braylon. I honestly don't understand what Holmes is about other than being a hot shot. I will tell you why he is not Maverick from, "Top Gun."

1) Unable to break open a big play (I am confident I could tackle him).
    2) Much like #1 he is either too little or just physically a pussy. Knocked down on first contact, does not take care of the football (like a tender, young beautiful baby) and I saw him get knocked over before he even got into his route once, garbage.

I went to school in Pitt (city pretty much blows) and I watched Holmes out there for a few seasons. He was awesome and when the Jets got him I could not wait! Roethlisburger would hang in the pocket, hit Holmes and #10 would be gone downfield.

Outside of the Cleveland come back win, I have not seen Holmes break a tackle and take a long one to the house. I really cannot think of any good examples. Maybe, part of this is Sanchez, Schotty and the o-line, i donno. At some point though the player has to step up and make it happen (see MJD aka work horse).

I don't know what it is? Maybe the beautiful Super Bowl, game winning TD grab for Pitt. Maybe, some of the other beautiful endzone grabs (Pats, Bills and a few others). The guy seems to think he is beautiful, but I am here to say his production is pitiful. Pitiful.

Oh Captain, my captain please get involved in the offense. Please be the player we need you to be. Please stop being selfish. Please stop being a pussy. I want a God damn championship! Either get on board or get the fuck off!

#85 JetsVilma28, Dec 22, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  6. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

Holmes did have that big catch and run against Detroit in Overtime that set up the game winning field goal. He also had that huge face mask call against Denver that set up the game winner. Those are the only other two that come to mind.

7. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

in holmes defense all we do is throw slants at him

8. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Holmes is a big time talent. Yes sometimes he can be an asshole but the kid has talent. Hes no #1 receiver though I think if We get a 6'2 or 6'3 #1 receiver like Braylon who has some breakaway speed Holmes can be a huge complimentary receiver like last season. Also I would love to see Holmes play slot receiver some next season because I think he can burn those slower nickelbacks/safeties.

9. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

10. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Police report to follow ...

12. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

I would be happy if we brought him back.

13. fdcnyc

fdcnyc Active Member

We need him next year and while i like Plax , Edwards seemed like he could create that seperation thats missing this year. At this point in his career he would come very cheap . Make it happen Tanny 1 year deal for a vet min . Hell he only got 1 year for 1.6 mil this year

14. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

How awesome would it be to drop Turner and pick up Edwards for 3 years

15. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Plax Holmes, Edwards, Kerley. Turner.

Thats a pretty good WR core... Now we just need an OLine so the QB can throw the ball.

16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I don't know what Braylon's health is actually like but he almost always showed up against Miami and in the playoffs. I know it's a big stretch but if he's healthy I'd like to see us pick up him for this game.

17. DanR

DanR Active Member

Jets fans need to slow down. Is this the same Edwards? I mean lets look at how well he's able to recover from the injury first. Last thing Jets need is a WR core of players who lost a step or two.

18. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

I'm glad you are not the GM.

19. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Lmao Holmes needs a compliment just like a RB does. If their is noone to take the Safeties eyes off him he is ineffective.

20. colleen74

colleen74 Member

Why would they bother doing this right now? Something is up....