Brandon Marshall to the Je ts, pending physical

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Mar 6, 2015.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

we aren't signing him b/c of other reasons.

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

He's better than Geno, but what does that matter? Do you really think a new GM and HC are going to stake their careers on a malcontent, head case at QB? Someone who, while better than Geno, is not as good in terms of attitude and desire, and who costs about 10-15x what Geno is making?

3. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Lol it doesn't matter...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

i
    think it will be jake locker..he has a skill set chan gaily likes in QB's and hes young enough to have some upside..unlike other journyman fa qb's

5. TurkJetFan

Not a few years ago we chased Sanchez out of town crying bust. He had a few good games in a unique system loaded w talent and suddenly we'd bring him back too?

Sanchez is Hoyer and Hoyer is Sanchez.

6. NCJetsfan

It will definitely be interesting to see. My guess is that they're waiting to see what happens in Houston. They may prefer Fitzpatrick because of his experience in Gailey's system and his ability to be a great mentor for Mariota or a young QB, but then again, they may prefer Mallett. Then again, they may have their eye on Moore or Hill. I would be shocked if Sanchez is in the conversation at all, and would be somewhat surprised if Hoyer is.

7. TurkJetFan

This id love to see

8. NCJetsfan

Dude, quit being so obtuse! I see you didn't answer my question and for good reason. You know that even with Cutler being better, he's not worth what his contract demands and he would be a distraction, headache, and wouldn't provide the character and leadership they will be looking for from the QB position.

9. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

If Cutler is actually cut, we'd be insane not to bring him in on a cheaper deal if he wants to come in and compete.

He's by no means a top qb, but I would love him to start for a year or two while (ideally) Mariota develops. A win-win situation, IMO.

Beggars can't be choosers. Which FA QB do you want more than Cutler?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. NCJetsfan

Why would Tennessee part with him? He was their starter until he was injured. Supposedly they're high on Mettenberger, but will still need a backup/insurance in case Mettenberger doesn't develop.

11. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

You guys want locker? Oh no

12. NCJetsfan

I disagree completely. I think we'd be insane TO bring him in. He isn't the type of QB you want as rookie HC or GM. He isn't the type to mentor a young QB or to be the face of the franchise. He isn't a leader. He's a malcontent.

Fitzpatrick, Moore or Hill. Cutler has more arm talent than all 3 of them put together, but each is a better leader, has better desire to win, and aren't going to beat themselves as often as Cutler. Cutler's decision making is awful and he doesn't learn or care. There's no way I'd want Cutler on this team if he was paying the Jets to play here. I think I'd actually root against them if they signed that POS.

13. NCJetsfan

No. I was just asking why he thought the Titans would release or trade Locker. I can't see that happening. I wouldn't want him anyway.

chris5533 likes this.
  14. nyjunc

I will be happy if we get Bradford or Foles w/ Hoyer after them.

15. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

In addition to those guys or 3rd choice?

16. nyjunc

3rd choice. I want Bradford or Foles, if we cannot get either I want Hoyer- assuming we don't take a QB in rd 1.

almbleamal likes this.
  17. jetropolitan

jetropolitan New Member

I am not sure I get this move. So we are entering FA with a ton of cap space and therefore enough money for a premium WR but instead choose to trade away a pick (albeit a late one) for a WR probably past his prime?

18. NCJetsfan

If playing QB was just a matter of having a great arm, then Vinny Interceptaverde would be in the HOF instead of the Hall of Shame. So would Jeff George, Browning Nagle and gazillion other QBs. Having a strong arm that is capable of making all the throws is important, but much more important are the aspects of leadership, intelligence (not beating himself and the team with stupid TOs), work ethic, and character, all areas in which Cutler is sadly lacking. As a rookie GM and HC, when your starting QB already has a problem with turning the ball over and you won't to bring in competition, you don't bring in a QB who is almost as bad at turning the ball over. Bowles is on record as saying if the Jets starter turns the ball over, he isn't gonna stay on the field. So anyone who thinks that Mac and Bowles is gonna bring Cutler in just isn't thinking clearly. You're thinking with your little head rather than the one that sits on top of your shoulders.

19. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

I want no part of Locker, Cutler, or any other of the scrub FA qb's that are available. We already have a scrub in Geno, we don't need another. Jets should look to the draft for a quarterback. If they can't get Mariota at 6 or trade to the Eagles for Foles + picks they should go with Grayson, Hundley or Petty in one of the later rounds and address other needs first.

20. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member