Brandon Marshall to the Je ts, pending physical

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Mar 6, 2015.

1. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Sanchez is not way better than Hoyer. They are identical and succeed and fail under identical circumstances, perhaps with an ever so slight arm edge to mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I would hate acquiring Cutler. Guy is an enigma shrouded in a cannon arm. He will always be overrated because of his ability to chuck the ball. He stinks. He's lucky to have played with such great talent over the years, otherwise he'd be an afterthought by now.

Not ridiculing you, I just believe investing anything, especially time, in Cutler is a very bad idea.

3. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

I
    I'm assuming he's going to be cut Tuesday... The money he's around 15 mill a year.. The only issue is, can he pull it together and be a leader and stop playing like a poor mans Brett favre. With that said his 14 game production of 28/18 is miles better than we got. It's a matter of cutler, he is as talented as anyone n the leGue. He just nuts. Lol

#283 chris5533, Mar 6, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
    NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

That argument aside, Hoyer's numbers are HORRENDOUS. theyre not average, theyre terrible. 55% and more turn overs than TDs...why on earth do we need this man? What does it improve?

5. TurkJetFan

I never said we did.

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I understand your questions. In general, I'd prefer for them to go for younger players vs. older players, but I think this was a great move. While Mac is going to build the team primarily through the draft, he's not gonna sit by like Idzik and not address holes/needs. I don't think there's any way that Cobb is leaving GB. They'd be nuts to not re-sign him and he'd be nuts to leave. He has the best QB in the game throwing the ball to him and they were only one play away from the SB. Even if he leaves, I don't think he would have ever agreed to terms with the Jets, so I think it was a pipe dream for us to ever thing Cobb would come here. Marshall will make the Jets instantly more competitive in 2015 and will give whatever young WRs the team may have (either via the draft this year, Evans or Enunwa from last year, or some of the other young WRs on the roster) time to develop without pressure.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

and there you have it

8. TurkJetFan

Not sure what we have but let it be had !

All I said was Hoyer wasn't benched for Manziel bc of football reasons and Sanchez isn't better than him. Still true, still never said we need Hoyer.

9. NCJetsfan

I think you think wrong. I can't see that happening at all. Cutler's a disaster and a big part of the problem in Chicago. He would bring nothing to this team. Nothing.

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  10. TurkJetFan

The locker room concern is understandable. But to say cutler would bring nothing to this team is a pure joke of a statement.

11. chris5533

I'm guessing and hoping... At this point and after 6 years go sanches/ smith. I'm willing to give anything a shot.

12. NCJetsfan

You still will be ridiculed. ;):eek: LOL Cutler is NOT coming here. Bank on it. Cutler is HUGE part of the problem in Chicago and has been wherever he has played. He doesn't care about winning, doesn't learn from his mistakes, either, turns the ball over about as badly as Geno and is a LOT more expensive.

13. TurkJetFan

The opinion on cutler here is truly the definition of extreme. Last year was an abortion no question but cutler is a whole lot better than you give him credit for when looking at his career.

He's also leaps and bounds better than geno smith.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. NCJetsfan

Perhaps in your opinion, but not mine. He is NOT a leader. He is careless with the ball. He doesn't care about winning. His contract is huge. I stand by my comment. At least Geno wants to win and is cheap, and there's still some hope he might develop. Cutler isn't changing at this point. He is what he is a jag with a $10 million arm and a $.10 brain.

PulseJet likes this.
  15. chris5533

More expensive yes.. Turn the ball over more than geno? 28/18 last year and has 50 more tds than int in his career. He's a huge upgrade.. Your point to him being a malcontent and a team problem is legit. That is the rumor on him.

16. TurkJetFan

So you're saying he's not steps better than geno? If u say he's not I have no reason to continue this exchange. Bc that is simply insane.

17. TurkJetFan

This I can agree with. The personality concerns here are legit. The statements on his talent are nonsense.

chris5533 likes this.
  18. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

I'm really wondering who they are going to bring in...? The FO will definitely bring in someone to compete at quarterback.

I agree though, cutler is part of the problem in Chicago.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  19. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

yes he is but let's not turn this into a Mark thread. Hoyer is a serviceable vet we could win with as long as we have the right pieces around him.

20. TurkJetFan

We should sign Sanchez then . Lol come on guy Sanchez ain't good and if he's better than Hoyer it's by maybe a nose hair.

We should be going after locker if the jets are working within this tier.