Brandon Marshall Released

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by John, Mar 2, 2017.

1. David-The-Meats-Harris

David-The-Meats-Harris Well-Known Member

The pass on his contact is the only one he hasn't dropped

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Shhh! Don't even put that out there in the universe.

3. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

For Marshall to play for the Patriots he would have to do the following:

1.) Take a huge pay cut.
    2.) Run the exact route called, not free lib, and do not take any plays off.
    3.) Keep his mouth shut and rarely talk to the media.
    4.) Do everything he can to prevent an interception on a bad throw.
    5.) Block, block, block!
    6.) Be a true team players and support all the players around him.

Has he shown any of these qualities with the Jets?

4. Patriot

If they start going after free agents and continue the fix it now philosophy, then you are 100% correct to seriously doubt them.

If on the other hand they sign some aging free agents for little money to mentor the young players, they rebuild their roster to deepen their bench, and try to develop young players; then they are doing it right.

Sure their going to be unwatchable at first, but as the season draws towards the end, you should see a team that has improved and has a bright future. If the 1st part happens and the 2nd part doesn't (team improves), then your coaches must go. If neither part happens, all I can say is I am so sorry.

I do hope and pray that they will do the right thing. The 50th anniversary of the Jets 1968 Super Bowl victory is coming up. Wouldn't it be great if the Jets had a good shot in 2018 for the big one? Who would be better than Namath to hand the Lombardi trophy to the Jets?

Ok, I need to go back down to earth. Marshall did some show some class in his farewell to the Jets. I hope Namath stays alive long enough to see the Jets win the big one.

NCJetsfan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

haha..of course. CBS reports Marshall and Patriots have mutual interest..hopefully he signs with then and scores 10 tds agains us this year..that should surely end the maccagnan/bowels era.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I feel so bad about releasing Marshall.........oh wait I mean happy!

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

But Matt, don't tell me you're not gonna miss those drive killing 3rd down drops!!

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  8. matt robinson 17

What about the 1st and 2nd down drops and the big mouth the size of the Grand Canyon, Cman?

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'm obviously more patient and generous than you are old buddy. I was gonna give Marshall a mulligan on those early drops since Master Chan mostly ran up the middle on 1st down. Probably shock is my guess. His mouth for the most part stayed closed until near the end and frankly, I think SR should have punched him in it just to hand him a reality check. Did wonders for Geno..

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Mac and the rebuild : isn't hittin the DELETE a lot easier than ENTER??

Well he will be putting on his thinking hat soon and then the man is dangerous

11. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

My biggest concern is the drafting. Total whiffs in the second round two years in a row. Unless Darron Lee surprises us he will be a disappointing 1st round pick, not a bad player, but disappointing for a 1st. The drafting has been suspect so far.

12. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

It was time to part ways. We have to go young, and develop talent.

13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Too bad the Jets choked in Buffalo Week 17. Could look back on players like Marshall and Fitz differently.

14. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Online Newsday reporting today it looks like it will be a partnership between Marshalll Brady and Bellichek...there he goes BB picking up our droppings!

Belli will bench him if drops passes from a future HOF, yell at him or both. Nothing like like that nuthugger Bowles

BM will help them repeat?? Wow who knows ..oh well

Endlessly Counting and Patriot like this.
  15. Patriot

That is funny, most of the local Boston media think the Patriots are actually targeting Branden Cooks of the Saints who wants out of New Orleans. Personally I can't understand that, new Orleans has the best food!

As to BM, I think Baltimore and the Giants are his best fit. It is not to say the Pats may not be interested in him, but they already have some aging receivers and they are probably looking to get young at this position.

16. matt robinson 17

If you tape his big mouth shut and put glue on his hands.....

17. NCJetsfan

I don't understand people's fascination with New Orleans and its food. I don't care if I ever go back. I haven't lost a thing there.

Patriot likes this.
  18. Patriot

I am guessing being from New York, the best restaurant place in the country, it is difficult to see any place being that great. But New Orleans being a fusion of French, Italian, and Creole food is great tasting food in my opinion. I am surprised you didn't like the food there, I am guessing it may be a bit to rich for you. When I say rich I don't mean price but calories here.

I have no idea why many of you are not 300 pounders with all the great food in New York.

19. NCJetsfan

I lived in NYC for 16 years, but am from NC. I did enjoy the cuisine in NYC, but didn't have to eat at the big name, fancy places to get great food. I know there are some very good or great restaurants in New Orleans, I've eaten at two or three of them. They were very good, if not great. One of the reasons I'm not wild about the cuisine is that I just don't like New Orleans. There are some beautiful parts of the city, but also some very dirty place, and it's too hot and humid for my tastes about 5-6 months of the year. There are too many drunks (although I'm sure a lot of those are tourists). The politicians are all crooks. I also don't eat crayfish or shellfish, or that much seafood. I love Italian and French cooking, but am not much on Creole food or culture. The poverty and ignorance are overwhelming and shameful.

I also like to visit new places. Since I've been to New Orleans 5-6 times in my life, I just don't feel the need to go back. I guess the statement in my previous post was wrong. I can understand why people like New Orleans and the cuisine, it's just not that big a deal for me.

I meant no offense to you or anyone. I hope that none was taken.

Patriot likes this.
  20. Patriot

No offense, some of your points about New Orleans are valid.

On my way home from my honeymoon many years ago I almost got divorced. On my way home we had a couple hour layover in Charlotte. Loving good barbecue that is almost impossible to find in New England, I had to go get a cab to the best barbecue place in the area. Needless to say the food was great and a very nice customer in the place gave me a ride just in time to the airport to catch my flight. I think my poor wife at that moment thought I was mad, but I told her good barbecue is not easy to find.