Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Oh I'm sure they will look worse, unfortunately Sanchez had Schotty for his 3 years so we have to judge him off that

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

We have no idea what Sanchez will look like in a more vertical attack. Unfortunately we also have no idea what the pass protection will look like either.

There's been a lot of bad timing around Sanchez since he arrived on the scene. It's not fair but people are judged by what they accomplish not by why they accomplished it. I suspect that unless we all get very lucky now the Sanchez window on the Jets is almost over and he'll wind up being the deluxe version of Rich Gannon somewhere else before it's all over.

3. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Does Drew Brees ring a bell for you? It's too early to give up on the kid.

4. Br4d

Yeah Drew Brees rings a bell for me. He's great but not for the team that drafted him.

5. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

But he sure as hell looked good after the OC he had left him, eh?

6. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Schotty was his QB Coach, not OC. Brees last two years in SD were pretty darn good. in 2004- TD/Int 27-7, 104.5 passer rating, 65.5% completion rate, 2005- TD/Int 24-15, 90 passer rating, 64.6% completion.

7. sg3

sg3 Banned

the quarterback you have to feel really bad for is poor Sam Bradford who is about to be saddled with the Son of Marty albatross of 5 receivers all running 4 yard curl patterns on
    3rd and 8

#4747 sg3, May 9, 2012
    Last edited: May 9, 2012
  8. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Sam Crawford? Who is he, son of Cindy Crawford or something?

I know Rams starting QB is Sam BRADFORD but that aside...

9. sg3

sg3 Banned

oops, sorry

the mind is a terrible thing to lose

10. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The deluxe version of Rich Gannon, really? That would put him on par with Manning, Favre and Brees all at once. Gannon was a 4 time pro bowl player.

11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

But Rich Gannon wasn't All Pro. Manning Brees and Favre were All Pros at one point. Sanchez almost made the probowl this past season

12. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

And you know that how?

13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Plenty of injuries last season in the AFC. If not for the poor game against the Giants and Dolphins most likely he would of made it. He did throw for 26 touchdowns. Def would of been in the running

14. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I love how Sanchez Fans say he has not really had his shot yet, you need to give him more time, look at Eli, blah blah blah. Yet it's somehow a given he is/will be better than players younger than him on that list who've had less of a chance than Sanchez. Like Bradford and McCoy and Freeman. My own guess is Freeman will not develop much, but who knows about the other two at this point? Ponder was injured a lot last season, so in his case it is really hard to say about his future. Gabbert was a rookie, too. Now I am not saying any of them are currently better than Sanchez. I am only making the point this "he hasn't played enough!" stuff cuts both ways.

Flacco and Palmer, probably Kolb, are imo better than Sanchez. Hasselbeck definitely so.

So, in effect we are saying Sanchez currently is better than a bunch of green starters, and not really anyone else.

And would you people who keep talking about the game as if the quarterback singlehandedly is responsible for a team going to the playoffs can that crap? Football is a team sport.

15. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

I know there were alot of injuries in the AFC last year.

But do you really think that a QB who was ranked 28th in completion percentage, 27th in YPA, 23rd in QB rating and who had the 2nd most turnovers of starting QB's, deserves a spot on the Pro Bowl roster?

Even with all the injuries, there were many other AFC QB's more deserving than Sanchez.

16. Don

I never said he was all pro, read what I said. And at least in my book "deluxe" means better. So if Sanchez would be better than Gannon then he would be on par with Manning, Favre and Brees.

17. Br4d

No, Rich Gannon was a game manager. He made the Pro Bowl 4 times running because he was a game manager for one of the best teams in football at that time and he had Tim Brown and Jerry Rice to throw too.

Having Jon Gruden and Bill Callahan as the HC/OC didn't hurt either.

18. Br4d

Just look at what happened to Bradford and Freeman with no help last year. Sanchez has had less help than a young QB should have over his first three seasons.

2009 was a wash because the Jets threw him onto the fire and then went G&P to put out the flames. 2010 was the best they've done for him because they kept the OL moderately strong and only changed up one of his primary receivers. 2011 was just a joke.

19. Barcs

Barcs Banned

5th in total touchdowns (3rd most passing TDs in AFC), 15th in passing yards, 5th in getting sacked. You can look at it many different ways, the kid is breaking out this year, provided our oline isn't swiss cheese this year. Touchdowns are THE single most important stat for a QB, and he's delivering in that category. Had he not been injured the last 3 games, his comp%, TO ratio and rating would have been much higher. He was edging the top 10 in most categories the first half+ of the season. It's just a shame he got so shell shocked by the line. He was a different QB by the end of the season, you could tell by his footwork, he felt like he could get hit on almost every play.

20. Don

All true and if Sanchez can be half of that we will do just fine. All indications are that is exactly what Rex wants from him going forward.