Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Very well said. A smart team reinvests in it's young QB. A dumb team keeps doing the same things and expects the results to be different.

2. Trifco

Trifco New Member

Buffalo, 2 seasons ago. They can't stop the run and Mark is having an awful game (rookie season, bad weather, only a handful of pro games), lucky for us, there's absolutely not need to pass since we're dominating the game.
    So what do we do?

3. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Yeah, all young Qb's should be kept around for a bunch of years. Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith, Leinart, the list goes on and on.

4. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Who among those have achieved the success Sanchez has had in his first two years? Not every QB matures at the same rate either. It is a bit of a judgement call in the end when to cut the strings. We are having a down year this year across the board as a team, so my thinking is it is bit soon to throw out the baby and bath water.

5. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Except, you have 3 exceptional QB talents to use to judge Schotty as OC.

Not so for Mark.

Is it me, or is that a really easy concept to grasp that schotty's ballwashers refuse to acknowledge.

Marks clutch performances speak for themselves in terms of capability.

How long has Schottenheimer resided over a deficient 1st quarter offense?

DOESN'T ANYONE LISTEN TO BOB BARKER???? :rofl2:

6. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

This has to be sarcasm.

If not, you know you're being unfair and foolish.

7. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I was responding to the point that sounded to be suggesting that all young Qb's need to be kept around until they flourish. Some never will, and you have to cut your losses at the right time with them. I have not said that is the case, yet, with Sanchez. It is virtually certain he will be back next year, and that is far enough into the future for me to not be even thinking of an alternative direction right now. But...

If he looks the same next year as he has this year, the Jets will do something with him, whether that's restructure his contract, bring in some competition, or something. I would bet you agree with me, too.

8. Hobbes3259

No. You part with the OC before you part with the 5 pick overall. Changing OC's doesnt kill a team like losing on a Franchise QB. If he looks the same next year as this (and he hasn't looked the same this year has last, he's progressed, albeit in small increments each season)
    YOU FIRE THE OC.

Sanchez is on pace to surpass Chad Fucking Pennington in everything EXCEPT total QBR under Schotty, and he ain't far off from that. Penny about 85, Mark hovering around 80.

Penny is a career 95+ QBR passer outside of Schotty (BS brings him down to 90).

In statistics, they call that a CONTROL.

It seems to say that Sanchez with competent coaching has a pretty good upside.

Pennington..Look at 06-07
    http://www.nfl.com/player/chadpennington/2504181/profile

#4068 Hobbes3259, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  9. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

This... is my question.

All I've heard mostly from the SDF is that, changing the OC will not improve the offensive performance. So... here goes the question.

First, know that I am limiting the candidates to those that actually work for winning franchises. Among the winning franchises, who keeps a coordinator that posts up mediocre results year in and year out? (Of course, except Jets with Schottenheimer.) I am not being sarcastic here, but genuinely curious. If the SDF's claim were to hold, then that has to mean that there isn't much viable improvement available out there, am I correct on this? If not, how do we explain "There won't be a significant offensive performance even if Schottenheimer is let go." logic? On top of that, how long can a franchise sustain its success run (by success run, I mean runs of seasons where the team makes to the post season, to make the argument short) while sticking to the mediocre performances? Obviously, Patriots fall in the category - but their offensive performance is close to outlier performance to my eyes, and Jets defense is not quite on the same league as Patriots offense. (That's how I see it at least.)

#4069 Zach, Dec 3, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  10. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

Fire this fucking assclown

3 wildcat plays and when you need 11, lets run a TE screen to the most worthless players on the team.

11. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

what the fuck has mulligan done to earn that call?

12. Orlando J-E-T-S fan

Orlando J-E-T-S fan New Member

ok.. i know we won the game, but most of the play calling along with senseless wildcat calls (except the one greene took for 6) was terrible. Im not saying sanchez was brady out there but c'mon continous 5 yard patterns and easily read screens isnt doing it and will not take this team to the next level.

13. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

The play-calling was far superior to the QB play today. Its that simple. Sanchez was nothing short of absolutely abyzmul today. He wasnt even college material today

14. Hobbes3259

Bro, you're f*ng delusional. I hope you forgot the /sarcasm tag.

15. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

The word you are looking for is abysmal. One is a word in the English language and the other is a poster on a Jets message board. Knowledge is power.

16. Hobbes3259

The word you are looking for here, is humour.... Apparently jonnyd gave you to much credit for intellect. Knowledge is power.

17. Hobbes3259

Bob still gets it.

18. Orlando J-E-T-S fan

Orlando J-E-T-S fan New Member

are u serious....play calling is trash week in and week out.

dont try to cover it up with your fancy words..

19. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

This.

But did you expect someone with a Rangers avatar to say something intelligent?

Schotty sucks. He had a steady 1st half, except for the fucking wildcat shit. Mark is so much better when he gets into a grove and rhythm, and he had it, then that dumbdick Schotty goes into the wildcat? For what? Fucking stupid.

20. Hobbes3259

yup................................