Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

Just gonna bump this real quick.

2. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

This is so dead on it needs to be repeated. YES SANCHEZ SUCKED....YES THE OFFENSIVE LINE SUCKED AND SUCKS....BUT

This is the main argument. This is it. That pick that Sanchez threw is SANCHEZ FAULT...WE GET IT. With that said...that fucking route is so dried up...its so obvious..lets put it this way..now think about it..HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A JET LINEBACKER OR CB READ A ROUTE LIKE THAT IN THE PAST COUPLE YEARS????????????

Really think about it before you defend that flag football OC we currently have not calling the plays...BUT DESIGNING THE PLAYS.

I have said this a million times. I do not understand as a genius of past aggressive defenses that Rex has commanded..as the HC of the team..how he allows these routes and designs to be allowed to run week in and week out. I get that Schotty sucks. I get that Sanchez sucks lately. I get that the offensive line was and is still overrated.

I will never understand how Ryan...whos claim to fame is designing aggressive defenses...allows these play to be practiced..and then run week in and week out.

3. BleednGreen

BleednGreen Member

LOL at Holmes running directly into another receiver :rofl:

LOL at the same Plax route on 3rd down EVERY TIME. It's either a slant, or that fucking short comeback route right at the first down marker.

LOL at direct snaps to Joe McKnight

4. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I brought the idea of Pistol simply because 1. Schottenheimer is completely incapable of designing pass plays that will suit the strength of his QB. (Pennington failed/Favre failed and now Sanchez failed. All three had very different strengths and weaknesses and none of their strength stood out, while their weaknesses were thoroughly magnified - meaning Schottenheimer will not succeed no matter who he has playing QB in his system.) 2. Pistol seems to be the most logical option at this point as it incorporates wide open pass attack with good dose of power running, thus allows Sanchez to use his play action while deploying a number of receivers.

5. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Thank you!! The dude is just soooo predicatble and absolutely will not change anything week to week... i'm actually going to quote this to the other thread! :breakdance:

6. BleednGreen

BleednGreen Member

LOL at Bilal Powell getting it at the goal line in his first game action :rofl:

7. Kerley Shuffle

Kerley Shuffle Active Member

Our only TD was scored by a fucking guard. Unreal.

8. Cynic

Cynic New Member

I'm still livid that a not a single deep pass was thrown. How about you try opening up the short passing game and running game? Idiocy. Or just try getting a big gain, if it's picked off it is about as good as our punts.

9. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I have been up in my arms about this for about a year now.

Short passing attack and ground-and-pound rushing attack DO NOT WORK IN CONJUNCTION WITH EACH OTHER.

Of course, it's more of the execution problem than either the philosophy or the design problem. It cannot possibly that Schottenheimer is at fault - even though QBs under his watch were all exposed and performed like a steaming pile of horse shit for half a decade by now, but IT CANNOT BE HIS FAULT.

10. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Yep it was the OC's fault Sanchez made some bad reads/throws, Shonn Green got hurt, dropped passes, the D choking. It's all on Schotty! as soon as he's gone we will win 3 SBs in a row!

11. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

we threw the ball deep plenty the last 2 years, the problem is they wanted to get mark's comp % up and we lost our deep threat.

12. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

well we are witnessing the kids version of martyball....

maybe they are saving the prolific and creative offense for the stretch run.

wait - there wont be a stretch run this year. oops.

13. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

junc - u are right but the vertical game was there more for show rather than purpose.

many of the deeper pass plays were lo percentage plays that were only completed if things evolved perfectly. the occasional penalty also helped.

in todays NFL u need a vertical game with purpose, not to be used only to keep the D honest or set up ur slants, square ins, or outs.

14. JetsFan56

JetsFan56 New Member

He is a NFL RB, no?

Who cares if it's his 1st game...He's the 1st RB in NFL history to get a hand off inside the 5 in his 1st game?

To use your logic every rookie playing in their 1st game needs to come out inside the 5..OL, WRs, RB, QBs....Really?

Criticize other plays but criticizing this?

15. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

So again, just to address the bona fides, I am not here saying that Schotty is a great OC or anything like that. But the Denver loss is on Sanchez plain and simple.

Take the pick six. Do the Schotty haters here literally believe that Schotty made Sanchez go to Plax for the fourth time, with a pass to the inside where the defender was? What, he was holding a gun to Mark's head out there on the field or something?

Those plays are designed to have options. Duh.

That was the difference in the game. I am not happy the D gave up that final drive, but they only gave up 10 points in that altitude on 4 days rest. That should have been enough to win the game. Meanwhile the O scored 13 but gave up seven. A net of two friggin field goals.

Sanchez himself said it was on him. He was right.

Face it. Once the running game could no longer be the first option on O, no matter who the OC is, the Qb has to put the team on his back and carry them. Sanchez did not do that. And I am starting to think he cannot do it. In fact I am more inclined to think he can't than that he can.

16. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

No. The loss is on the Defense.

They had a 3 point lead, and 95 yards of field to defend, with 4 minutes left.
    (How many times have we heard that refrain these past couple years, btw)
    queue Gary Meyers Today.

However...

On to the QB/OC.

Couldn't succeed with Pennington.

Couldn't Succeed with Favre (remind me what his stats were the next year? 33TD/7 ints)

Can't get it done with Sanchez.

Yeah, It's clearly Mark

#4036 Hobbes3259, Nov 18, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  17. JetsFan56

JetsFan56 New Member

1. Agree--Rex's Jets D can't close out games

2. If you use that example please state all the facts. Favre injured his shoulder, which required offseason surgery, and then went back to playing in a West Coast system he had played in for 15 yrs, with a healthy shoulder.

18. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Hobbes,

The fact that the D gave up a drive at the end of the game does not mean that Sanchez played well. He sucked. Face it.

Holding the home team to ten points should be enough to win the game. That is if the Qb can play half decent and score some points. And not give up pick sixes.

Sanchez lost the game.

19. Hobbes3259

The whole team sucked last night. All 3 phases of the game.

Including Sanchez.

But..the simple fact remains, the big talking defense, came up very f*ng small, with the game on the line.

Like they've had a habit of doing.

They had 95 yards to defend, and couldn't do it.

They got run all over by Oakland.

Less Marks Pick 6, they gave up 30 to NE.
    Including that 80 yard drive for a TD with 1:20 to go before the half, right after the Offense puts 7 on the board.

I mean, let's face it...Of all the problems with this team right now, QB (given the resume of the Offensive Coaching Staff) is the least of them.

And FWIW...This is looking like an 8-8 team right now, the only thing preventing that is the ridiculous schedule that will allow us to win an extra game or two, and probably miss out on the defensive player we need....

20. Hobbes3259

Yes, Favre injured his shoulder, but went 22/22 over the season....And you are half way making the point. It's not just that he went back to a WCO, he went back to an NFL offense.

If you're nitpicking the Favre Question, what were Penningtons stats the year he got out from Under Schottenheimer? 19/7 ?

His previous healthy year, (he was injured the year prior) he completed 64%, BUT WENT 17/16.

It's not Mark, the QB performance under this coach is a FACT. QB after Qb, and ALL of them Very good players, including Sanchez.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fire-Brian-Schottenheimer/153985007953106