Brady: "It's going to be a hell of a game"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by milo, Nov 29, 2010.

1. patsfan54

patsfan54 New Member

So hypothetically, let's just say the Pats win on Monday... Who's the better team? If we split our season series but we have a better record are we the better team? Or in your opinion are the Jets still better because we lost to Cleveland? I am just trying to wrap my head around what you are saying because there was a lot of woulda coulda shoulda in your argument....

2. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I think it'll be fairly obvious come Monday night who the better team is when the clock reads all 0's in the 4th quarter. The problem I think most of us have is what gives Patriots fans the right to unequivocally say the Patriots are better when they lost by 14 to the Jets? Oh that's right, I forgot the offense wasn't good then. Never mind the success they had offensively prior to and following that game.

3. patsfan54

patsfan54 New Member

Haha.. Ace of Spades that was good stuff!!! You do have to agree that all great teams need a little luck right? Who was it that said it's better to be lucky than good? It just cracks me up that everyone gets so bent out of shape when they call the Jets lucky.. I just don't see how thats disrespectful. Obviously they are good, they are 9-2 and if Luck played a roll in it so be it. Now I think "pundits" (who are about as knowledgeable as you and me) say the Pats are better because they have had a tougher schedule to get to 9-2 but in my opinion we aren't the best until we beat the best teams and right now the Jets are the only ones left that we haven't taken down and until we do we aren't the best. It should be a great game and I can't wait to see our new look offense against your Defense. I think without Moss we are a much tougher team to defend than we have been in the past. The matchups should be interesting too. I am one of the few that actually think Revis won't be on Welker. I may be wrong and you see far more of Revis than I do but I feel like he doesn't cover those quick slants in the slot very well, I feel like if he has one weak spot that would be it. Again I have only seen him against the Pats and any national games but I feel like he is better suited covering outside rather than in the slot.

4. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Call the Jets lucky, but check facts. Say if Stuckey doesn't fumble they get the win. Cool story, again if Folk makes a 24 yard field goal (which he'll do 99/100 no matter how fucking bad he's been lately) the game doesn't even go into OT. It's not disrespectful, just ignorant. The only game that the Jets really got lucky in was the Detroit game.

The Monday night game should be a great one, tons of intriguing matchups. The Jets aren't great vs. TEs, Patriots rookie TEs have been solid. In theory, you would think the Pats TEs will go off but if they don't leave Gronk into block the blitz will get there. Yeah, Brady may still get the ball off but the Jets will still a shot in on him.

The WRs of NE don't scare me if they use Revis or Cromartie on the other TE Hernandez at times, I worry about who Coleman/Wilson will be covering.

The Pats have been better running the ball but the Jets have been extremely good against the run.

On offense, quite frankly I think the Patriots defense is no good. Stats don't tell the full story, but through 11 games the Patriots are extremely poor statistically in 2 categories (pass defense and 3rd down completion %) and below average in another (rush defense). If Sanchez keeps the turnovers to a minimum I see the Jets putting up numbers.

5. patsfan54

patsfan54 New Member

I hear you the Pats D has been the ultimate "bend don't break" D this year. They let up a ton of yards but always seem to get timely turnovers which is why they have such a good turnover differential (I think they were +11 last time I checked). They have been getting better and actually starting to make some plays; I think McCourty is going to be a legit corner in this league and I am curious to see him cover Edwards (Belichik made a mistake putting Butler on him last time) he did fairly well against Megatron last week, the numbers might not show it but watching the game was a different story. I think the key for the Pats is to try and shut down the run and make Sanchez beat us. It's one those offenses where I think you have to pick your poison. If Sanchez plays within himself and doesn't make any mistakes then it could be a long night for the Pats but if Sanchez has one of those mediocre games where he throws a couple picks then it could be a long night for the Jets. Should be interesting.... I think if we can draw the LB's out and make them get into the flats we could exploit that, not really sure what LB's you have that can cover Woodhead out there. Also when the Pats put 3 TE's on the field at once with the two Wr's do you put Wilson on Hernandez? I wouldn't like that matchup too much for the Jets. Again he's another guy I haven't seen much of but he looked woefully out of place the last time we played and the little I have seen of him sense hasn't been much better.

6. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Is Butler still the starting CB? If so I'll take Holmes vs. Butler.

The Jets are pretty good in turnover differential too (+7)

7. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

no, Arrington is. another 2nd year player.

he's slightly less crappy than butler but he;s not going to be able to cover Braylon or Santonio

8. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I wasn't sure if that was the case or that was just a Madden thing lol

9. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

The better team will be the team that goes further in the playoffs. Nobody, even the Jets, will give two shits about this game in the end of January.

Like last year...the better team is the team that goes further. Perhaps you can wrap you head around that?

10. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Talent wise we are the better team. No team has ever won a Super Bowl with the worst or next to worst defense in the league.

When a team like the Browns can run up the score like that it speaks volumes. The Pats are well coached with a great QB.

Just like last year we started putting complete games together in the home stretch and in the playoffs.

I predict the same this year only our offense is much better, due to the growth of Sanchez and the overall talent on offense.

I'd be shocked if we don't win by 10. (at least). Our team is not dealing with multiple key injuries and is a complete team. We can beat with all 3 phases or just 1, you pick.

11. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I pick the D.. if the D plays strong for the entire game, we win this game..

12. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Brady going to run off the field at the end of the game like he always does, leaving the kid standing there looking for him, what a bitch, he shakes every other QB's hand...

13. Angel

Angel Member

Jets have to hit Brady until he's carried off the field for good, preferably on his first play.

14. patsfan54

patsfan54 New Member

MadBacker Prime -- You make some good points, The Saints we 26th against the pass and 21 against the run last year (the pats are 32nd against the pass and 16th against the run). So you don't need to have a top D to win the superbowl but we do need to be better against the pass no question about it... You are also right that on Paper the jets are the better team and as I said before I think the whole game comes down to Sanchez and his ability to play within that offense (and from what I have read on this boad it might also come down to Schottenheimers ability to call a game). If Sanchez doesn't make any mistakes and doesn't turn the ball over the Jets will probably win the game; Your defense is good enough to nutralize our offense (if they will is a different question; because nobody wants to admit it but our offense is much more complex without Moss and has been better). Brady is back to spreading the ball around and not just throwing it deep 10 times a game which I think gives us a whole new element that we haven't had for the last couple of years. If New England plays a perfect game there is no reason they can't win the game but if the D gets to Brady then it may be a long night for us Pats fans.
    As for who the better team is.. jaywayne your argument is crap... You said the jets were the better team because they beat us earlier in the year and now you are saying the better team is the one that goes further in the playoffs? Which one is it man? Can't really wrap my head around contradicting arguments from you...

15. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Mo Lewis should be in attendance for good luck.

16. patsfan54

patsfan54 New Member

And if he is I will thank him for giving me 10 years of winning football!!! :)

17. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Where the hell did I say that. Dont put words in my mouth buddy. Its simple...the Jets went to the AFC championship game last year...the Pats were at home after getting their asses kicked by the Ravens.

What I said was the Jets won their home game....if the Pats win their home game....we split. What part of that is too hard for you to understand. Now if the Jets win...they sweep...and if we lose our first playoff game..and you still go on to the Super Bowl..you had the better year....no? Duh?

My reference to the first game had to do with the message board...and how Pat fans before the first game showed up and pulled down their pants to show us their big balls. When the Jets won...no pull down of the pants. No big balls. You could hear a pin drop around here.

It will be the same this time if the Jets win..except a guy like you..who has been called out..will show up and say..wow..great game..you guys were the better team. I would rather it that didnt happen because its not worth the bullshit we have to read all week.

#137 jaywayne12, Dec 3, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  18. gopats88

gopats88 Member

I've heard the pats D is ranked 27th, 31st, 30th, dead last???

This is what I see:

yrd/gm: 31
    pts/gm: 22
    takeaways: 14

2009 NO Saints:
    yrd/gm: 25
    pts/gm: 20
    takeaways: 2

not really all that different, and that is only going back one year

19. gopats88

gopats88 Member

Also the pats have already beaten the #1, 5, 6, & 8 defensive teams this year. If defense really win championships, you would think it could win some regular season games too.

20. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Not totally differnent, but I think the major factor is the takeaways.

It seemed last year, that EVERY time they needed a turnover, they were able to get one. I mean Sharper was a freaking nut last year.