Brady: "It's going to be a hell of a game"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by milo, Nov 29, 2010.

1. REVIS ISLAND 619

REVIS ISLAND 619 New Member

Let's get a horsecollar/hair pull sack on Brady ala Polamalu this week haha

2. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

I have a question for all these Pats fans...where the hell were you guys the day after we beat you the first time this season?

So you guys are going out on a limb for a home division game now...when most of you wouldnt dare show your faces here after you got your asses kicked in the second half of that game.

It gets old. Either the Pats win and they all show saying they told you so...or the Jets win and one or two show up saying "you guys were the better team". Either way...we either sweep you or we split. Save it.

3. sbx213

sbx213 New Member

Oh you do know if they win you can't throw the "we split." They are going to come barking with "That was week 2. That was a different team. Lets talk about now!"

PS. We win then we sweep. We lose then we split. Truth!

4. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

The Pats beat a injury ravaged Pittsburgh and Indy teams.

I don't care about all the other crap, we beat you and until you beat us we are better. Simple as that.

I have no doubt we'll be 10-2 come this time next week.

Good teams don't have trap games, while we certainly made it interesting we beat who we were supposed to beat.

Our 2 losses came against 2 SB caliber teams. Also if a few plays went different we very well could be 11-0.

5. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Got to laugh at anyone throwing Baltimore out there as though tying in regulation is spectacularly better than losing by a point. It's a point, not the seventy four that Cleveland beat the Pats by.

6. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

how come nobody mentions the missed field goals by nick folke?

id like to say because its hindsight and really doesnt matter after all is said and done. but its probably because it makes those 'lucky' wins seem less lucky and more like a team shooting itself in the foot but moving forward and coming away with the win

the jets have never been beaten like the pats have been beaten. In our biggest lost, the jets didnt give up a touchdown. in fact, in both losses, the jets havent given up a touchdown. im not going to sit here and wax intellectual on the subject, because frankly its a game of intangibles and we wont have any idea how it will play out.

but if you want to talk numbers, the jets certainly have a statistical edge, and if you want to talk intangibles, well, just look at everybody screaming 'LUCKY GAME'

7. gopats88

gopats88 Member

Are you making that assumption from my circa 2003 avatar, or just your general complete lack of knowledge about me?

8. Sean_in_titletown

I'm pretty certain the first sign of trouble was when he took pictures with a goat.

9. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Well, since your name is "go pats88", we can assume that is your year of birth, making you about 22 years old. In 2003, you would have been 15. So maybe your fandom began in 2001, with the first SB season at the age of 13.

10. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

i find it funny when im arguing with pats fans up here and they dont even know that they lost one to favre (SB)

11. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Too many days to wait until Monday.

I want this game now!!!!!!!!!

12. Zcore

Zcore New Member

Im not even worried...We will win this game. The pats can't run the ball on us, It's as simple as that. Come Tuesday we will be Victorious

13. sbx213

sbx213 New Member

Haha they definitely can't run the ball against us. What worries me is covering the middle and finding a solution for those TEs. If rex fixes this then I won't be as worried. We'll see.
    Please keep the offense in rhythm and avoid costly penalties. I expect a great game.

14. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

Time of Possession is crucial. Use short passes early (to Keller & Tomlinson) to keep their linebackers honest, then run run run. Keep Brady off the field and our defense fresh.

Prediction: Jets 24 - Patriots 17

15. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

I said it before, if we win the TOP by 10:00+ minutes we will dominate the game in the fourth quarter. If we sustain some long drives that result in TD's instead of settling for short FG's, we can really let their defense know that we own them, and dominate them in the second half.

16. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Fixes what?? What we did to them week 2 with Randy?

Yeah Hernandez had 101 yards receiving, but no one else came close to that and he had ZERO TD's.

Let em throw the ball 5 yards all day, but when it's time to score our D will tighten up like Danica Patrick's asshole trying to hold back a turd.

17. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

This! Enough of this lucky bullshit. Everyone looks at is that we are getting lucky in our wins, but how about we flip the card for once? We beat who we were supposed to beat and hell we're 1 Braylon Edwards roughing the kicker to being 10 and 1 and 1 drop by Santonio Holmes against Green Bay from potentially being 11 and 0. About time someone realizes it. Where are the Steelers getting all this lucky talk about how Steve Johnson dropped that 40-yard TD (NO WHERE!).. Where are the Pats about how Peyton completely picked them apart in the end of the game and if not for an INT in the final drive, we would have all seen a Patriot loss.

Jets take this one 28-14.. again:jets:

18. patsfan54

patsfan54 New Member

And if Stuckey went down instead of fighting for an extra yard the Jets would be 8-3 so what's your point? Good teams get Lucky it happens... and to the guy that said good teams don't have trap games.. Really? All good teams have trap games that's why they are called trap games. Both teams are very good and both teams have had their share of luck (in my opinion the Jets have had more than most, but that's not a bad thing) why do you all assume when people say the Jets have been lucky it automatically means their not good? They are a great team but whether you want to admit it or not so are the Patriots. Great teams need a little luck to get to the Super Bowl and clearly the winner of this game is on the inside track to get there I for one can't wait for this game.

19. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

We dominated the Cleveland Browns for the entire game. If it wasn't for Nick Folk and his hat trick of missed field goals, that game doesn't even make it to overtime. The Lions end up only scoring 3 points instead of 7 if Trevor Pryce doesn't run into Hansen, that game never makes it too overtime, so the so called "luck" that the Jets got when the Lion's kicker was hurt is complete bullshit.
    We never hear about how other teams in the NFL are lucky, only the Jets. No one ever spins the spectrum around and looks at how the Jets were handed there two losses.

Back on topic, we both have the same record, we beat you, we are the better team. Enough said. We beat you back in 2006 to make you start a new win streak at home, and were gonna beat you in 2010 to end that streak.
    :pats_suck::pats_suck:

20. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

That argument carries 0 merit since Nick Folk missed a 24 yard field goal. Oh wait shit that's right, luck only counts when it happens in the Jets favor :rolleyes::rolleyes: