Bowles certainly gone after the season - La Canfora

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Beki, Dec 2, 2018.

1. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

It drieves me crazy how no one in this orginization is held accountable. Two years Bowled lets go of Gailey. He should've no complaints there. Hires Morton. McCown has a career year and the offense before Petty actually looked decent. Yes maybe should have run the ball more but it was his first year and looked promising. Then he hires a third oc. Everyone likes Bates great mind etc. He did well as a qb coach and should've stayed there. We should've known after the second oc was fired it was time for Bowled to go too. He's an awful coach.

No improvement from the players. Same mistakes etc. Everyone else fires coaches, coordinators, trainers people on the staff to make a statement. No we keep it status quo. Obviously his voice isn't being heard. There four games. The team has checked out. Bring in a new voice for the last four. Sometimes a simple change like that will help a team. Unfortnately it is Tuesday we have to see the same team and coaches. Us as Jet fans this is our life. We want to see change and they won't.

2. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

The decision to fire Morton might be a decision that ends up doing him in as it backfired, badly. The offense looked functional at worst last year and might’ve looked even better this year.

Obviously it’s all speculation but what we do know is this offense run by Bates is beyond pathetic and Bowles will not survive it.

Would he have if he kept Morton? No idea but his chances would’ve been better.

3. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I agree. Morton had his flaws. He was a first time oc that being said the offense looked onnovative for the most part the playcalling was aggressive and at least the offense looked decent. Now the offense looks lost and doesn't know what to do. I think Morton would've grown more into a good oc. The one knock on him in my opinion was at times he got too pass happy but stuff that could've been worked on in the offseason. It's funny Bowles seems to do something right then gets it all wrong. Only the Jets my friends. Only the Jets.

Attackett likes this.
  4. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

There were also reports that the friction between him and Bowles was causing issues all throughout the organization. Sadly, we retained the less effective one.

LAJet and ColoradoContrails like this.
  5. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Very sadly. Again we don't know all of the back stories etc but I think the team would've been better with Morton as HC this year than Bowles. His voice doesn't resonate with the team anymore and everyone needs to move on. Unfortanately not only does the team have to listen to Bowles for four more weeks we do too and that is very painful.

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree that they both should be fired. I was just responding to the point that it is all Mac's fault and not Bowles. While Mac has been a lot better than Bowles, he still hasn't been good enough, especially in the draft.

PJ4Ever likes this.
  7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Some of us did know, and said as much here, but were criticized and told that it was too soon. Stability, no one would want the HC job if we fired him after only 2 years, yada yada yada.

8. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Ultimately three losses three mindboggling collapses this season will end up costing Todd Bowles his dream job.

The blown 14-0 lead turned loss to Cleveland where the defense allowed a rookie QB playing in his first NFL game to go wild on them.

The complete no show performance at home against the awful Buffalo Bills.

Last week's blown 16-0 lead turned loss against the Titans.i

Had the Jets handled their business in those games 3-9 would be 6-6 a world of difference.

I read that Bowles said that the loss to Tennessee will haunt him for the rest of his life I feel bad for him.

9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

TB. He far and exceeded his level of incompetence, nice man and all. He fired the competent OC, and retained the worst DC in our history. Petine runs circles around both these two incompetent individuals.
    The fact that he is still our coach is a testament to the owners complete lack of understanding in the field of NFL leadership

Harpua and ColoradoContrails like this.
  10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about that statement from Bowles and even thought of making a thread about it, because here's the thing that bothers me:

How in the hell could the loss to the Titans, as bad as it was, be WORSE than the absolute travesty of the loss - at home - to the Bills who were using a QB they just signed off the street?????

His assessment of which was worse really shows how completely clueless he is. The only people more clueless are the Johnson Boys who can't seem to see that Bowles should've been fired long ago.:mad:

NCJetsfan and LAJet like this.
  11. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

but we have to ask ourselves is the current talent supportive of 6-6 or 3-9. if we say 6-6, IMO, we are fooling ourselves.

12. WarriorRB28

14-0 & 16-0 leads shouldn't be blown especially against Cleveland. Not showing up to play at home against a horrible Bills team shouldn't happen.

The window of opportunity for 6-6 was there instead they're 3-9 that's why Bowles is now in his last days as HC of the NYJ. He may never get another HC job.

13. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

And whilst you're all discussing blown leads and the Bills game, I finally lost it with Bowles after the Miami game... really pissed me off.

14. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

The Jags game is what did me in. Awful.

15. WarriorRB28

I'm happy for coach Bowles after today's win.

The team is still playing hard for him.

16. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

One win away from a 5-11 season and a contract extension.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I can see Chris giving Bowles a 5 year extension with 4 years guaranteed after today's win! Win one game and all sins forgiven.

18. jets_fan

He'll probably give him a piece of ownership after today's thriller.

19. jets_fan

And it's already begun:

20. edray10

edray10 Well-Known Member

He should be fired now. The offensive game plan today, which basically called for Darnold not to throw the ball because the bills pass defense was so good, was a ridiculous game plan for this team with a rookie QB and nothing to play for. This is a game where they should have let Darnold play, so he can learn from playing against a good defense. The only reason they won this game is because they finally let Darnold throw a few passes in the 4th quarter (when they were behind and desparate). Darnold did very well, but this should have been a fine learning opportunity for him and they basically didn’t let him play QB for the first 3 and 1/2 quarters. Bowles should be fired now. The only guy on the coaching staff they should keep is the special teams coordinator.