Bowles certainly gone after the season - La Canfora

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Beki, Dec 2, 2018.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Not is Sam steps up and becomes a legit FQB it will make it irrelevant, fingers crossed eh!

PS and let's not pretend those other two would somehow be brilliant behind this shitshow OL either.

2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

The mistake was in taking Adams first when we needed a FQB and Mahomes and Watson were there for the taking. Adams is a really good player, maybe will become great, but no Safety will ever have the impact of a QB. Bad fail.

PJ4Ever likes this.
  3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

donkey likes this.
  4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yes, there were doubts about all of them, as there are every year about every player. But some sites rated Mahomes and Watson highly. But that's not the issue. The issue is the Jets needed a QB, and there were two highly rated ones there, and instead Macc went for another defensive player, a Safety. It doesn't matter how highly rated Adams was, or whether they needed a Safety (they did), what matters is that until they got their FQB, the rebuilding wasn't going to go forward in any meaningful way.

And BTW: If you watched tape of Mahomes prior to the draft, it's inconceivable how you could doubt he would be great.

legler82 likes this.
  5. NY2k1

NY2k1 New Member

Easy to say now about Mahomes. Plenty of QB's look amazing on tape prior to the draft and never pan out. It's also Mahomes rookie year for all intents and purposes, let's see how he does after this season and next.

Also, who's to say Mahomes would have the SAME success he's having with KC? Spoiler, he wouldn't. Mahomes himself even said sitting out a year learning offense from Andy Reid helped A LOT.

Darnold was also rated highly, but even if he's legit or not, he's hopeless with this current team. Put Darnold on the Chiefs or Texans, and he'd be looking MUCH better as well.

6. K'OB

Okay, what if Macc's plan was Darnald all along and then Darnald becomes our FQB, how is this then a fail?

We then have the leagues best Safety and a FQB, sounds like WIN WIN to me, plus like I said how good would they have been under our esteemed coach and OL, Mahomes looks good now but with no OL, no WR's and a shit coach just how good would he look?

Watson can have a case made out for on the OL issue as surely he must have been the most sacked QB this season, he has been smashed pillar to post for most of the season.

7. K'OB

When did I say he wouldn't be great?

Closest I said to that was nobody knows what he would have been like behind our shit OL and with this coach, sheesh.

Like I just said in the crossover post, I think he wanted Darnald all along.

8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Right. It's Mac that can't get the team prepared to play each week. It's Mac that can't develop players, put them in a position to succeed, make good coordinator and assistant coach hires, make adjustments, can't manage the clock and time outs, and is so passive/conservative on offense. Gotcha! SMH

It's funny that they had enough talent to obliterate the Lions in the opener and beat the Broncos. The team has some talent issues and holes. There's no disputing that, but Mac has done a far better job than Bowles. Bowles hasn't done a damn thing except stand around with a clueless expression on his face.

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  9. NCJetsfan

Agreed, but that's beside the point. The point is that Mac could have taken either and retained the 3 second round picks that he used to trade up. Trading up was totally unnecessary. It was only done because he screwed up the year before and was desperate.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. K'OB

Or he was waiting for Darnald all along ;)

11. NCJetsfan

Anyone who knows anything about the QB position could see the arm talent and play-making talent that Mahomes had. He has a better arm than Darnold and is every bit as good, if not better than Darnold at extending plays and being creative. He is capable of throwing the ball very accurately with power from any arm angle. If I can see that, there's no excuse for professional scouts and GMs not seeing it. Mac obviously couldn't, or was afraid to take a risk, or was under orders or some compulsion to give Bowles what he wanted rather than what the team needed...a FQB. He figured he could wait another year and would have a chance to get one of them. What if Mac hadn't been able to trade up and we wound up stuck with Allen?

12. NCJetsfan

No it won't!!! It won't matter how good Sam becomes unless Mahomes winds up flopping, because Mahomes is already better than Sam, and Sam may never reach Mahomes' level, and then there's those 3 picks that the Jets could have used to oh I don't know, upgrade the OL, add a stud RB, add a very good WR prospect or even and edge rusher.

13. NCJetsfan

Even if he was, that was a mistake when he could have taken Mahomes and kept the 3 second round picks.

14. K'OB

Well, it won't matter if we have a FQB of our, anything else is just being damned silly for the sake of arguing.

Effectively it is Mahomes 1st season after sitting for basically a season, there has been 2nd and third season flops before, so let's just stop anointing the kid GOAT status already, calm your boots, currently, he is looking great and good for him.

BTW we could have had all those things in the 2017 hindsight draft stakes.

It didn't happen so let it go and look to the future, I would love to turn the clock back and see what some on this site would have said if Macc had picked Mahomes or Watson with the sixth pick, a few explosions no doubt about that at all.

15. K'OB

Again not if Darnald becomes our FQB for 15 seasons, not one single person will give a fuck about those three picks, well maybe you it seems :rolleyes:

16. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I won't care if we properly build around Darnold and win a Lombardi Trophy or three. :D

K'OB likes this.
  17. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Dude please. Bowles has shown he makes the same mistakes in game situations that completely falls on him. Yes the roster isn’t that talented which falls on Mac who I also want gone, but Bowles is at fault too. The defense has been really bad this year and it has some talent on it.

18. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Granted, it's anyone's guess at this point, but in my opinion we'll be haunted by not taking one of those two in the long run. Again, it's only my two cents, but I had Watson rated much, much higher coming out than I did Darnold. I have my doubts about Darnold moving forward, but I thought Watson would be great coming out of college and he's done nothing but reinforce that since being in the league.

K'OB likes this.
  19. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Guess the save Bowles charge has begun :p

20. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Geezuz Bowles looks like such a clueless fool on the sidelines.